Originally Released on:
also appears on:
- Providence 7"
- Screaming Fields of Sonic Love video (music video)
- Daydream Nation deluxe reissue (LP + live)
- 11/05/88 "LIVE AT CABARET METRO 1988"
- 08/22/07 "DAYDREAM NATION LIVE IN GLASGOW, SCOTLAND 2007"
- Back to Mine: Guillemots
Thurston - piano
Mike Watt - voice
Lyrics status: confirmed
Watt here, I'm downstairs in this window..
yr uh, punk phone booth.. Thurston, Watt.. Thurston..
I think it's 10:30.. we're callin' from Providence,
Rhode Island. Did you find your shit? You gotta watch
the mota, Thurston.. Yr fuckin memory just goes out
the window. We couldn't find it in the van at all,
we were wondering if you looked in that trash can..
when we threw out that trash, man.. with the bag
in yr hand, did you dump it? Call later, bye.
Track length: 2:41
First Known Performance: 06/02/07
Last Known Performance: 02/23/08
- A studio collage featuring a piano tape Thurston recorded
at his mother's house, the sound of a Peavey tube amplifier
(a Bassman was used in the video) overheating, and an
answering machine message left for Thurston & Kim by Mike
Watt from Providence, Rhode Island, where Firehose were
playing a show. They'd played NYC the night before and
Thurston had shown up w/ some cables and cassettes he'd
purchased earlier. Mike asked Thurston to throw some trash
away, and later on they discovered that the cables were
lost. The answering machine message is Watt asking
whether Thurston had accidentally included the cables
in the trash he'd thrown out for him. "Mota" is Watt's
term for marijuana.
- Released as a 7" single w/ a stereo version on one
side and a mono mix on the other.
- A dreary video for Providence was made by Peter Fowler and Sonic Youth.