Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page i fucking pods!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.15.2007, 01:06 PM   #1
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i am near the end of my rope with this damn piece of shit. anyone else have major problems with the things?

it cannot do the most simple basic things and deletes all my songs whenever it feels like it by telling me i cannot sync and have to restore etc.

there is going to be a wall/ipod related incident fairly soon.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 01:07 PM   #2
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I love macbooks, but ipods are pieces of crap. I'm not even going to bother with looking at that iphone, they'll break faster than Diesel holding a wine glass.
Old 01.15.2007, 01:08 PM   #3
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I don't have a single problem with my iPod,

except for the battery life.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 01:10 PM   #4
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
I've had my Dell DJ for 3 years - it is still kickin'. The only problem is that I NEED MORE SPACE. 20 gigs won't cut it. I'm in the market for a 40 gig mp3 player.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 01:14 PM   #5
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
I've had my Dell DJ for 3 years - it is still kickin'. The only problem is that I NEED MORE SPACE. 20 gigs won't cut it. I'm in the market for a 40 gig mp3 player.

Exactly why I stuck with an MP3 playback discman. I wouldn't get a 4gb because they hold next to no albums at all, and the 60gb models of MP3 players are expensive. I just keep about 6 MP3 CD's on me and that's all my albums . Dell DJ's are good though! I usually hate Dell but I heard lots of good stuff about these
Old 01.15.2007, 01:21 PM   #6
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
I worked at Dell for about 4 months answering the phone selling computers. It was a learning experience for me. Most of the reps there know NOTHING about computers. They get a week of pathetic training. I used to sit and listen to the ex-baptist-preacher behind me give people incorrect information all day long. I mean all day.

The sales reps who do well there are the worst people I've ever met in my life. Lying to poor saps to convince them to get the pointless warranty and the Dell "preffered account" credit plan with 30% interest. But they get the free printer that's designed to run out of ink in 2 weeks and then alert the user that they can only buy new ink from Dell, which is untrue. Woohoo. Blah.

I like my DJ.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 01:23 PM   #7
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
I my

finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 01:27 PM   #8
Inhuman
invito al cielo

That looks hella nice looking Joel!

I <3 MY

but I wish it wasn't so scratched up.
Old 01.15.2007, 02:14 PM   #9
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
i am near the end of my rope with this damn piece of shit. anyone else have major problems with the things?

it cannot do the most simple basic things and deletes all my songs whenever it feels like it by telling me i cannot sync and have to restore etc.

there is going to be a wall/ipod related incident fairly soon.

hey
did you run the diagonostics thingy?
you turn it off and turn it on again but while turning it on you hold down the center button (select i think) and the menu button for ten seconds.
theres a test in there called "hdd scan" which scans the hard drive of the ipod for problems

more info here.
http://www.methodshop.com/mp3/ipodsu...iagnosticmode/
Old 01.15.2007, 02:19 PM   #10
Inhuman
invito al cielo

yeah, there's a restart on them. On my brothers we tried the restart but it still failed and persisted showing the battery charging screen until it was all drained, and never charged again.
Old 01.15.2007, 02:30 PM   #11
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
its stupid i have songs in my librbary but the just wont go onto the ipod. i have done everything imaginable to try to get it to work but all to no avail. thanks for the advice but i think a hammer and chisel are called for.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 01.15.2007, 02:36 PM   #12
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
throw it against a cement wall and bring it to the apple store. they'll replace it, i swear.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 02:40 PM   #13
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Ipods.

God.

My Mom was expressing her frustration this Xmas over my little brother constantly wanting an ipod or some other small digital device because everyone at school has them now. (All of which were over her budget. Sure she could have got him a RAZR for 20 or 30 bucks, but he has the ability to run up a phone bill like no other.)

And to think, one year all I wanted was a 40 dollar walkmen and some decent headphones. (That was later stolen by that little bastard and broken by his careless use of.)

I prefer living in the dark ages.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 03:25 PM   #14
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm still in the realm of Walkmen (or Walkpeople to be PC). I've got one that I've had for about 7 years. It doesn't have many GBs, but it plays my tapes, and that makes me happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 03:30 PM   #15
compulsive diarrhea, jico
100%

compulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's asses
i dont have an ipod either.
compulsive diarrhea, jico is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 04:28 PM   #16
jon boy
invito al cielo

for some inexplicable reason it managed to work. did exactly the same thing i did before a thousand times and it did it for once.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 01.15.2007, 04:49 PM   #17
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Ipods are great things but i simply don't need that much music to commute or going to buy a pint of milk.My mp3 player is 1GB and i simply update it whenever the need arises.It's simple,it stores images of horndogs and plays some music.It was a present but i'm sure it cost next to nothing.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 05:02 PM   #18
ondskan
children of satan

ondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I'm still in the realm of Walkmen (or Walkpeople to be PC). I've got one that I've had for about 7 years. It doesn't have many GBs, but it plays my tapes, and that makes me happy.

Sony's Walkman MP3's kicks ass. The NW-A3000 is a great and simple player, just music and nothing else that you'll never use anyway. Be shure to get the 20gb model, 6gb is really fuckin' small for the indiekiddies needs.
ondskan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 05:09 PM   #19
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
i have had mine for four years and it hasnt faltered once and the battery lasts about 8 hours where before i got about 12, but four years hey. no issues here
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 05:29 PM   #20
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
I suppose having all your music with you at all times could be nice, but at this point its not worth it to replace all my records/CDs/cassettes. And if you lose your iPod, all your music is gonnnnnnnnnnnnnnne.

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth