Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   i fucking pods!!! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9876)

jon boy 01.15.2007 01:06 PM

i fucking pods!!!

i am near the end of my rope with this damn piece of shit. anyone else have major problems with the things?

it cannot do the most simple basic things and deletes all my songs whenever it feels like it by telling me i cannot sync and have to restore etc.

there is going to be a wall/ipod related incident fairly soon.

Inhuman 01.15.2007 01:07 PM

I love macbooks, but ipods are pieces of crap. I'm not even going to bother with looking at that iphone, they'll break faster than Diesel holding a wine glass.

_slavo_ 01.15.2007 01:08 PM

I don't have a single problem with my iPod,

except for the battery life.

noumenal 01.15.2007 01:10 PM

I've had my Dell DJ for 3 years - it is still kickin'. The only problem is that I NEED MORE SPACE. 20 gigs won't cut it. I'm in the market for a 40 gig mp3 player.

Inhuman 01.15.2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noumenal
I've had my Dell DJ for 3 years - it is still kickin'. The only problem is that I NEED MORE SPACE. 20 gigs won't cut it. I'm in the market for a 40 gig mp3 player.

Exactly why I stuck with an MP3 playback discman. I wouldn't get a 4gb because they hold next to no albums at all, and the 60gb models of MP3 players are expensive. I just keep about 6 MP3 CD's on me and that's all my albums :). Dell DJ's are good though! I usually hate Dell but I heard lots of good stuff about these

noumenal 01.15.2007 01:21 PM

I worked at Dell for about 4 months answering the phone selling computers. It was a learning experience for me. Most of the reps there know NOTHING about computers. They get a week of pathetic training. I used to sit and listen to the ex-baptist-preacher behind me give people incorrect information all day long. I mean all day.

The sales reps who do well there are the worst people I've ever met in my life. Lying to poor saps to convince them to get the pointless warranty and the Dell "preffered account" credit plan with 30% interest. But they get the free printer that's designed to run out of ink in 2 weeks and then alert the user that they can only buy new ink from Dell, which is untrue. Woohoo. Blah.

I like my DJ.

finding nobody 01.15.2007 01:23 PM

I my

Inhuman 01.15.2007 01:27 PM

That looks hella nice looking Joel!

I <3 MY

but I wish it wasn't so scratched up.

fishmonkey 01.15.2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
i am near the end of my rope with this damn piece of shit. anyone else have major problems with the things?

it cannot do the most simple basic things and deletes all my songs whenever it feels like it by telling me i cannot sync and have to restore etc.

there is going to be a wall/ipod related incident fairly soon.

hey
did you run the diagonostics thingy?
you turn it off and turn it on again but while turning it on you hold down the center button (select i think) and the menu button for ten seconds.
theres a test in there called "hdd scan" which scans the hard drive of the ipod for problems

more info here.
http://www.methodshop.com/mp3/ipodsu...iagnosticmode/

Inhuman 01.15.2007 02:19 PM

yeah, there's a restart on them. On my brothers we tried the restart but it still failed and persisted showing the battery charging screen until it was all drained, and never charged again.

jon boy 01.15.2007 02:30 PM

its stupid i have songs in my librbary but the just wont go onto the ipod. i have done everything imaginable to try to get it to work but all to no avail. thanks for the advice but i think a hammer and chisel are called for.

drrrtyboots 01.15.2007 02:36 PM

throw it against a cement wall and bring it to the apple store. they'll replace it, i swear.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 01.15.2007 02:40 PM

Ipods.

God.

My Mom was expressing her frustration this Xmas over my little brother constantly wanting an ipod or some other small digital device because everyone at school has them now. (All of which were over her budget. Sure she could have got him a RAZR for 20 or 30 bucks, but he has the ability to run up a phone bill like no other.)

And to think, one year all I wanted was a 40 dollar walkmen and some decent headphones. (That was later stolen by that little bastard and broken by his careless use of.)

I prefer living in the dark ages.

Glice 01.15.2007 03:25 PM

I'm still in the realm of Walkmen (or Walkpeople to be PC). I've got one that I've had for about 7 years. It doesn't have many GBs, but it plays my tapes, and that makes me happy.

compulsive diarrhea, jico 01.15.2007 03:30 PM

i dont have an ipod either.

jon boy 01.15.2007 04:28 PM

for some inexplicable reason it managed to work. did exactly the same thing i did before a thousand times and it did it for once.

porkmarras 01.15.2007 04:49 PM

Ipods are great things but i simply don't need that much music to commute or going to buy a pint of milk.My mp3 player is 1GB and i simply update it whenever the need arises.It's simple,it stores images of horndogs and plays some music.It was a present but i'm sure it cost next to nothing.

ondskan 01.15.2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I'm still in the realm of Walkmen (or Walkpeople to be PC). I've got one that I've had for about 7 years. It doesn't have many GBs, but it plays my tapes, and that makes me happy.

Sony's Walkman MP3's kicks ass. The NW-A3000 is a great and simple player, just music and nothing else that you'll never use anyway. Be shure to get the 20gb model, 6gb is really fuckin' small for the indiekiddies needs.

terminal pharmacy 01.15.2007 05:09 PM

i have had mine for four years and it hasnt faltered once and the battery lasts about 8 hours where before i got about 12, but four years hey. no issues here

Prisstina 01.15.2007 05:29 PM

I suppose having all your music with you at all times could be nice, but at this point its not worth it to replace all my records/CDs/cassettes. And if you lose your iPod, all your music is gonnnnnnnnnnnnnnne.