Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Confusion On Lee?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.12.2006, 06:00 PM   #1
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
I remeber not too long ago people on this forum saying Lee seems like he's in a rush when they met him. When I talked to him that wasnt the case at all. Steve was like that, actually. Besides Thurston, Lee talked the most and seemed the most involved. Maybe they take turns? Steve bolted for sure.

I look funny in this pic becuz someone in the background was making me laugh. I actually look average height in this pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ky Lee Joe.JPG (132.2 KB, 139 views)

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2006, 06:06 PM   #2
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
sweet man.
lucky fuck.
Old 08.12.2006, 06:20 PM   #3
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Nice photo. You guys look satisfied.
Isn't Death Valley the hottest place on earth?
Old 08.12.2006, 06:25 PM   #4
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Nice photo. You guys look satisfied.

As Ive heard. I dont actually live there..................Im just rather ashamed of my actual living location. Haha. Living in Death Valley would be insanity.

Old 08.12.2006, 07:50 PM   #5
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

holy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of light
at the toronto show on tues lee was the only one that came out and he was really nice. Not rushed at all. had a little chat with everyone, and thats only about 10 people who were there. I got my pic w/ him and he took a pic of me, and the other people who were there. This one of the things that make sy special.

holy-reverb!! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2006, 07:56 PM   #6
lovesonicevol
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy-reverb!!
at the toronto show on tues lee was the only one that came out and he was really nice. Not rushed at all. had a little chat with everyone, and thats only about 10 people who were there. I got my pic w/ him and he took a pic of me, and the other people who were there. This one of the things that make sy special.

Yeah. Theyre actually the coolest people I have ever met. Cant say that about a lot of bands or any really. I loved Kim: so subtle and whispery kool. Thurston: hippest person ever. Lee: artistic nice person. Steve: shy nice guy. I love them.

Old 08.12.2006, 08:18 PM   #7
ohfuchsia
little trouble girl

ohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's asses
when i met them, it was kim who seemed to be rushing off. so maybe they do take turns...
ohfuchsia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2006, 08:50 PM   #8
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Nice pic. When I met them, none of them seemed rushed. They were just all in conversations. I saw Steve but didn't get to meet him because he disappeared after 10 minutes.

Death Valley isn't the hottest place on earth, it's just very hot. It's the lowest place in the country/continent/world (one of those), though.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2006, 08:59 PM   #9
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Yr a lucky dude. I came so close to meeting Lee once. He was walking around the Avalon in '04 when I went to see them. He was just waltzing around the club with his digital camera taking photos of the Magik Markers and he came and stood right next to me. Like 2 feet away. I debated whether to introduce myself and possibly make an ass of myself or just stand there and not say anything to him and leave him be. I made the wrong decision by standing there like a goon and let a wonderful opportunity pass me by.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2006, 09:51 PM   #10
lovesonicevol
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
Yr a lucky dude. I came so close to meeting Lee once. He was walking around the Avalon in '04 when I went to see them. He was just waltzing around the club with his digital camera taking photos of the Magik Markers and he came and stood right next to me. Like 2 feet away. I debated whether to introduce myself and possibly make an ass of myself or just stand there and not say anything to him and leave him be. I made the wrong decision by standing there like a goon and let a wonderful opportunity pass me by.

Damn. Yeah he would have definitly talked to you.

Old 08.12.2006, 10:11 PM   #11
Style
stalker

Style kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's asses
It was after the sacramento show that people said lee was rushed. A possible reason why was probably because they had to drive out to reno to play the next night.
Style is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 12:07 AM   #12
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Lee was by far the most talkative and least hurried in Toronto. I didn't meet Steve. Kim was kinda cold (although she and Thurston were in a hurry to get in for soundcheck) and Thurston was real nice.
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 01:55 AM   #13
lisayoung
little trouble girl

lisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud of
Steve is very nice person.
Old 08.13.2006, 01:57 AM   #14
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Lee was the only one I met at the Toronto show, but after the show he didn't seem rushed at all and he was awesome!
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 04:25 AM   #15
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
I had a brief brush with Lee at the Sydney show.
Old 08.13.2006, 05:49 AM   #16
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
lee is the only one i have no met. i would like to sit down in a cafe and have a chat about music over coffee with the little falla.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 02:51 PM   #17
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
no, i think that's somewhere in africa. i've been to death valley though. it's pretty fucking hot.
Old 08.13.2006, 03:11 PM   #18
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Lee looks so happy in that picture!!!, i can't comment though as ive never met any of them.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 04:41 PM   #19
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Me with Lee from Tuesday night in Toronto! To Pax, my friend is gonna send me more pics soon, this is the only one I have right now since he was in a rush.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SY.jpg (130.9 KB, 38 views)
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 07:36 PM   #20
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
lee is superfuckingcool. you can thank him for a lot of the mustang gold.
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth