Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.02.2022, 07:52 AM   #3461
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Euphoria season 2 was good.
Book of Boba Fett turns into a Mandalorian season near the end so that’s cool. Otherwise it’s completely missable in my opinion.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2022, 03:58 PM   #3462
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
watched last episode of season 2 of righteous gemstones. not the best show, but very enjoyable and super funny at times.
Old 03.04.2022, 03:50 PM   #3463
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
watched last episode of season 2 of righteous gemstones. not the best show, but very enjoyable and super funny at times.

Yeah, it’s basically just Eastbound & Down/Vice Principals only with religious shit. I like the kid who plays whatshisname — the stunt dude. Dig him.

It’s funny and sometimes really unfunny but whatever. Fuck it. I like it.
Old 03.04.2022, 04:30 PM   #3464
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Eastbound and Down is still the Sinanju Sun Source of all Dany McBride material
Old 03.04.2022, 09:35 PM   #3465
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Eastbound and Down is still the Sinanju Sun Source of all Dany McBride material

Agree. Absolutely absurd and brilliant show
Old 03.04.2022, 11:11 PM   #3466
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Recently finished a rewatch of Weird Science the TV show. Good times.
Old 03.08.2022, 11:03 AM   #3467
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Latest season of Killing Eve. Still do not like how they shoot the show, on Iphones, which means they can digitally manipulate the entire image, creating fake "blurs" and shit like that. annoying.
Old 03.09.2022, 07:54 AM   #3468
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Latest season of Killing Eve. Still do not like how they shoot the show, on Iphones, which means they can digitally manipulate the entire image, creating fake "blurs" and shit like that. annoying.

Wait they shoot the show on iPhones? For real?
Old 03.09.2022, 09:28 AM   #3469
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I had this on when I was extremely sick with what I now know was dangerously low hemoglobin from internal bleeding, in like May 2020 when it was impossible to get to a doctor. So my brain has associated it with piercing migraines, fatigue, thinking I was going to die, vomiting, and just barely being able to move.
Pretty negative association. Don’t think I’ll be able to finish it for a while now (gotta outlive the half-life of the conditioning).

Anyway, whatshisname from Fury Road who plays Peter? Just annoying as fuck in this. I know he’s supposed to be but sure he really, really is.
holy fucking shitballs i just read this. i remember you had a tough year, but internal bleeding--wtf!

i didnt know the peter guy was on fury road. i remembered his face as tony from "skins" where sure, he was a little annoying too. here that quality just fits the part lololol, as he's meant to be a source of constant frustration.

but anyway, fuck russia--ugh!

Quote:
Wait they shoot the show on iPhones? For real?

i haven't seen this but now i want to, just out of technical curiosity. i think that's fucking great. sodherberg has been shooting on iphones since the 7.

Quote:

baring the device is a valid/important poetic technique. and here i have to refer again to the fucking russians (the formalists this time). fuck'em, though, jeezus.

but anyway here's a dutch painter making his filters obvious lol. i know it's a stretch, haha, but i like long-distance mental associations:

in the end it all goes back to the treachery of images i think lol

i don't know, i like that sort of stuff.

hm speaking of association leaps i'm thinking of la sontag now

https://monoskop.org/images/5/59/Son...es_on_Camp.pdf

btw a show i enjoyed purely for its campy nature was "empire". they made no sense and no fucking apologies for it, and wasted zero time moving forward a story hahahaha. like radio, no dead space, but plotwise.

i need to finish "empire" because when it showed i was a monk of sorts and had limited internet.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2022, 07:37 AM   #3470
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
holy fucking shitballs i just read this. i remember you had a tough year, but internal bleeding--wtf!

Yeah, not just that but internal bleeding that went untreated for I don’t know how long because of the status of the pandemic. Virtual visits with doctors were like, “You’re tired and have headaches, Get a Covid test! No Covid? Next!” And so yeah, I ended up needing two blood transfusions and months of IV infusions. :/

Quote:
but anyway, fuck russia--ugh!

Oh definitely but I’m starting to cook on The Brothers Karamazov (weird timing)

Quote:
i haven't seen this but now i want to, just out of technical curiosity. i think that's fucking great. sodherberg has been shooting on iphones since the 7.

Killing Eve season 1 is pretty good. Written by Phoebe Waller Bridge. Snappy little crime drama with compelling characters. It starts to unravel a bit around season 2 and I didn’t make it past the first episode of season 3 because I thought it was getting stale and redundant to the point of actual discomfort.

But season 1 is worth checking out

Didn’t know that about Soderbergh! Have you seen the recent stuff he’s done for HBO? Like No Sudden Move or KIMI? (KIMI is a nice little nod to Rear Window which isn’t a spoiler because it’s clear from the opening shot.)

Anyway I always like Soderbergh and I always forget how good he is.
Old 03.10.2022, 09:44 AM   #3471
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yeah, not just that but internal bleeding that went untreated for I don’t know how long because of the status of the pandemic. Virtual visits with doctors were like, “You’re tired and have headaches, Get a Covid test! No Covid? Next!” And so yeah, I ended up needing two blood transfusions and months of IV infusions. :/

FUCK!!

Quote:
Oh definitely but I’m starting to cook on The Brothers Karamazov (weird timing)

i always start but then flake out on dostoevski, and im currently stuck on a famous translation of crime and punishment forever, but notes from the underground was the right length for me, and so i finished that, which many years ago was, wow.

Quote:
Killing Eve season 1 is pretty good. Written by Phoebe Waller Bridge. Snappy little crime drama with compelling characters. It starts to unravel a bit around season 2 and I didn’t make it past the first episode of season 3 because I thought it was getting stale and redundant to the point of actual discomfort.

But season 1 is worth checking out

ok! i might extend my hulu subscription for another month to give it a chance, plus i have other stuff to finish there anyway... been enjoying SHUT EYE which looks like it got cancelled but o well.

Quote:
Didn’t know that about Soderbergh! Have you seen the recent stuff he’s done for HBO? Like No Sudden Move or KIMI? (KIMI is a nice little nod to Rear Window which isn’t a spoiler because it’s clear from the opening shot.)

Anyway I always like Soderbergh and I always forget how good he is.

ah, so that's where the h goes, i always forget lol.

i haven't had hbo for a while but i might get me some this summer and catch up with recent productions. eg i never saw chernobyl (and to think about what's going with it now, fuck..).

same thing with netflix, last time i had it was late... 2019? my tv dance card is full at the moment hahaha.

anyway apparently s-bergh has some stuff on netflix too, per the link below.

i'm not blown away by his aesthetic sensibility the way i am by, say, cronenberg (another berg, no h), but i admire the guy's work ethic and role in the industry, for sure. hats off to the guy.

anyway, here you go, enjoy: https://www.smartphonefilmpro.com/th...en-soderbergh/
Old 03.10.2022, 06:14 PM   #3472
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

i haven't had hbo for a while but i might get me some this summer and catch up with recent productions. eg i never saw chernobyl (and to think about what's going with it now, fuck..).

If you haven’t had HBO does that mean you haven’t seen Succession?
Best goddamn show on television, far as I can tell. Pretty much a perfect 3-season run so far. If it keeps up it will be in “best of all time” talks, I think.
Old 03.10.2022, 07:07 PM   #3473
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
If you haven’t had HBO does that mean you haven’t seen Succession?
Best goddamn show on television, far as I can tell. Pretty much a perfect 3-season run so far. If it keeps up it will be in “best of all time” talks, I think.
never even heard of it but i'll check it out if/when--thanks!
Old 03.11.2022, 04:59 PM   #3474
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Watching latest season of Last Kingdom. kick ass.
Old 03.11.2022, 07:36 PM   #3475
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
never even heard of it but i'll check it out if/when--thanks!

I can see into the future and you are thanking me so hard
Old 03.13.2022, 07:02 AM   #3476
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
The infamous Luna (friend I probably mentioned back when this was a thing) sent me Nirvana the Band the Show the other day, I should keep watching it.

Also this old 90s anime Gunsmith Cats - it's three 20-minute episodes, cute girls running a gun shop in Chicago and getting involved in a bit of a crime deal. Super well animated!
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2022, 08:43 AM   #3477
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I have ESPN since a short while, for free. The TV provider is making up for the fact that it no longer has the rights to broadcast F1 racing, and I guess some football as well. It all went to the new player whose name I now forgot I think they are Swedish?.
Yesterday I was watching college basketball for most of the day, and this afternoon as well probably. No idea who all those teams are but some matches were great, Texas A&M got butchered by Auburn

lol, I've tried to understand about the ranking in the NCAA tournement but it's like reading a language that's completely unfamiliar to me: 2022 NCAA Tournament Bracketology

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2022, 10:22 AM   #3478
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i ended up not renewing hulu. killing eve was ok but it did not blow my mind or anything and the psychopath was 100% unlikeable. which, sure, it's to be expected, but other fictional serial killers have had tons more charm, e.g. hannibal, both in film and tv. so i wasn't a ton curious about keeping hulu and saved my money for something else. the subscription is now dormant till summer (maybe).

instead just finished inhaling all 3 seasons of BRITANNIA. a bit of an intense/demented binge, and worth it. 2 seasons were rewatches, but it was so long ago is saw them that it was worth the funes el memorioso style recap. there are rhymes and allusions to earlier seasons in the last one.

britannia is really great for my taste, and while the production isn't always the best (not everyone has game of thrones type budgets) the story regularly surprises me (a rare thing), the dialogue is clever and often hilarious, there are compelling characters, and the cast includes some great players.

not being much of a theatergoer in recent... well, ages, lol, i didn't know who jez butterworth was, but yeah... look him up, he created this thing. eg, see for reference: https://www.theguardian.com/stage/20...usalem-revival or https://www.theguardian.com/stage/20...2000-jerusalem which in the guardian list is rated as top play of the century so far.

i haven't seen jerusalem (obviously) but it seems there's some derivation of that work in this show, which is a good thing for television. and yeah this one did blow my mind, often, and kept me laughing too.
Old 03.27.2022, 07:56 AM   #3479
Severian
invito al cielo

ATLANTA! It’s BACK baby!
Old 03.28.2022, 09:42 AM   #3480
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

since mrs maisel season 4 is now fully on i'm rewatching the whole thing from scratch. i had forgotten many details from season 1 already, and it's fun to refresh the memory banks.
124164171172173 174 175176177184 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth