Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.. I don't need to chose a side..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.12.2009, 01:38 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
fuck it!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2009, 01:59 PM   #2
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

finding a good career in america can be difficult.. sometimes I feel like I am not in fact a white, american male citizen well educated with two college degrees.. I work with nothing but pisas and undocumented workers, as I have for the past five years, and as it appears I will have to do forever and ever..
what ever happened to all the white privilege america is founded on? I-man can't even get a piece of the action.. (oh yeah, its because I despise that shit. I work with pisa because inevitably I am one)
what the land of the free? whoever told you that is yr enemy..

Old 08.12.2009, 02:04 PM   #3
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
what the fuck happened to moving to ethiopia?

has that been moved to "long-term goal" or "fuck it"?
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2009, 02:06 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
what the fuck happened to moving to ethiopia?

has that been moved to "long-term goal" or "fuck it"?

I work in warehouses, landscaping and factories for the past few years to pay rent and for school.. until I-man can get a career that pays some serious duckets I can't get to Ethiopia, not on undocumented worker wages seen?

further I am trying to get some experience in schools because i-man's meal ticket in ethiopia is school teaching, but I am rather unexperienced, and though they will take me as is, I think it is most appropriate to have some experience working in schools and eventually teaching around my hometown first before I try to dare first-year teach in a technically foreign country (though its not that foreign to me, I eat the food, I pray in the church, I speak some of the language, I love the music and culture, and my degrees are in Ethiopian history but I have never been there, it is therefore technically foreign to i-man until that great day when I arrive)

I have been applying at dozens of schools for the past 8months finding nothing but open flyers but closed doors

fuck em, they schools can't teach us shit!

Old 08.12.2009, 02:09 PM   #5
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
seen?
yeah...from a mile away.

I've often wondered if yr bank account could support yr heart.

why not try peace corps?
Old 08.12.2009, 02:12 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
yeah...from a mile away.

I often wondered if yr bank account could support yr heart.

why not try peace corps?

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I did, they just reinstated Ethiopian peace corps for the first time since 1975! but alas, in peacecorp you do not chose where to go, they send you where ever they need you

I feel much like the early back-to-africa folks in the 1870s-1920s who dreamed of africa but could by no means ever afford to make it.

but I have confidence that inevitably it will happen, I-man is a young man yet, just an old old soul.

Old 08.12.2009, 02:17 PM   #7
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

so...what you do is, get into the peace corps, do yr stint in south america and request a position in ethiopia after you've put in some time.

at least, that sounds like a good idea on paper.

ps: don't you have to actually go to africa before you can go back? not taking the piss, just sayin'.
Old 08.12.2009, 02:20 PM   #8
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
My husband knows where you're comin from. He built up a Landscaping Corporation over the past 10 years. However, with a shitty economy and an abundance of under the table cheap illegal immigrant labor in Florida his business is crumbling out from under us. The larger companies in town pay these people pennies and we get bidded out of the jobs because of our overhead. He's about ready to say fuck it to that shit and move on to something else. We shall see what the future brings.

Good luck making it to Africa. A girl I work with actually went this year. She stayed in a hut out in the middle of the wilderness in some village. Looks pretty cool from her picks.

May God Bless You.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2009, 02:25 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
My husband knows where you're comin from. He built up a Landscaping Corporation over the past 10 years. However, with a shitty economy and an abundance of under the table cheap illegal immigrant labor in Florida his business is crumbling out from under us. The larger companies in town pay these people pennies and we get bidded out of the jobs because of our overhead. He's about ready to say fuck it to that shit and move on to something else. We shall see what the future brings.

Good luck making it to Africa. A girl I work with actually went this year. She stayed in a hut out in the middle of the wilderness in some village. Looks pretty cool from her picks.

May God Bless You.

thank you for that!

I know very well about making those pennies..

to floatingslowly, I thought about that as well, but honestly, I am not down to work for 2 years with the peacecorp on the prayer that they MIGHT send me to Ethiopia afterwards, its already been 8 years as it is..

Old 08.12.2009, 02:34 PM   #10
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

all I'm saying is, if you continue to live paycheck-to-paycheck on low wages (in LA for fuck's sake), you won't see Ethiopia in another 10 years, let alone 2.
Old 08.12.2009, 02:37 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
all I'm saying is, if you continue to live paycheck-to-paycheck on low wages (in LA for fuck's sake), you won't see Ethiopia in 10 years, let alone 2.

truth (hence my dilemma)

I feel lucky in one regard though.. I feel that LA/Babylon schools are corrupt, police-state institutions of the military-industrial complex.

I am secretly happy they won't give me an in, because honestly, I think it would be selling out, and what does a man profit to gain the whole world but forfeit is very soul?

argh argh argh..

on the brightside there is a good opening for a Youth Minister at catholic school, and thats what I do with volunteer groups and my church so I think it would be a cake/dream job for me right now. sometimes I feel like ANYTHING to get out of warehouse work would be nice, but then again the anything part often includes selling out in america and in LA in particular

Old 08.12.2009, 02:48 PM   #12
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
I am secretly happy they won't give me an in, because honestly, I think it would be selling out, and what does a man profit to gain the whole world but forfeit is very soul?

but is it really selling out? what happened to "by any means necessary"?

make it work for you as a means to yr end.

I know that cali is in a budget crisis, but I highly doubt that they require you to sell yr soul upon hiring.
Old 08.12.2009, 02:51 PM   #13
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
"LA is more confusing now...than anywhere I've ever been to..and I'm from New York city....."

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2009, 02:54 PM   #14
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
there is a dream inside a dream im wide awake the more i sleep youll understand.....

my world is unaffected, there is an exit here.. (isn't that a good album?)

Old 08.12.2009, 02:56 PM   #15
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
but is it really selling out? what happened to "by any means necessary"?

make it work for you as a means to yr end.

I know that cali is in a budget crisis, but I highly doubt that they require you to sell yr soul upon hiring.
well, at local high schools you deal with kids getting arrested, dragged onto campus in hand cuffs, teachers snitching to their probation officers and administrators using the constant threat of jail/snitching to the PO to manipulate the youth.. its not my cup of tea thank you, in fact it is selling out by definition in my book, as I am anti system, anti-police, anti-manipulating the youth..

Old 08.12.2009, 02:56 PM   #16
westernquinoxrox
bad moon rising

westernquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asses
this is born very redu
im a lawyer now so i am taking notice on the events of the current

westernquinoxrox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2009, 03:03 PM   #17
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernquinoxrox
this is born very redu
im a lawyer now so i am taking notice on the events of the current

yeah, or so you've told us on several occassions, but I'm not so sure, even lawyers who are low-lives like the rest of us don't often say things like, 'hey assholes i'm a lawyer!'

I have my doubts

Old 08.12.2009, 03:04 PM   #18
westernquinoxrox
bad moon rising

westernquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asseswesternquinoxrox kicks all y'all's asses
no seriously i wil lscan my merzbow sce

sorry

i will burn my scan

Old 08.12.2009, 03:04 PM   #19
westernquinoxrox
bad moon rising

what i MEWANT to say was i bwill scan my certificate of lawthencation

Old 08.12.2009, 03:14 PM   #20
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
what ever happened to all the white privilege america is founded on? I-man can't even get a piece of the action.. (oh yeah, its because I despise that shit. I work with pisa because inevitably I am one)

There's no privelege on the basis of colour. There's privelege on the basis of culture. White middle-class culture isn't necessarily white (it just lacks blood). I can't really speak for the States, but I'm pretty sure Obama no more represents black America than he does white working class America. Skin is an illusion, it's all about importing British prejudices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth