Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What you've lost to bad decisions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.20.2008, 11:19 AM   #1
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
i have a lot's ot thoughts about this and a lot of time to think about it. i've been doing really poor the last two years and going back thru things i've seen there are a lot of bad decision going in a row, that lead me to where I am at now. i'm not ranting or else, just keep track of what i have majorly fucked up. so it's not been a long ago i had pretty decent journo job in a huge company, got a lot, or at least it seemed to me like a lot of bucks, i was single and had couple of kick-ass fuck buddies i always could hang out with, had a band that recorded an album and started going pretty good for a period of time. then, i got heroin. and, you know, heroin (and all the drugs)gives this special smooth glow to everything, but only for a short while. i don't blame it on drugs at all. what happened to me is just a bunch of bad decision in a row, starting with smack. due to these bad decisions i've lost
-at least three great jobs, that would've paid greatly to my 'career';
-connection with my bandmates, not totally destroyed, but still a thing to re-build from now on. and it's been a good 8 years w/ this band.
-all of my musical gear, except the main thing- my epiphone bass. but there was a time i seriously wnated to sell it for dope.
-all of my photographer shit, huge collection of lomography cameras, all went up my femoral for a very short time.
-relationships with various people i liked.
-the pure vibe of being abroad with my band. i had to do gigs in withdrawals, getting fucked up on everything i could put my hands on in a foreign coutry. that was a lesson to learn the hard way. playing w/ Oi Polloi puking behind the amp. sorta child dream meets raw reality.
-missed a brief tour i could've played on.
-relationships w/ family, even though i have partly re-bulid some of it.
-lots of things i do regret now, but the worse is there are a lot of things i do regret NOT: thats what makes it hard as hell for me keep away from new bad decision binge.

i guess everyone has those times around.
this is not another drug-talk thread, at least not my intention for it to be, though my shit is so tightly packed with drugs i'm getting the shivers only thinking about it.

on the other hand all of this shit made me realize that i got a bunch of kick ass friends around, which is a tough life-exam. i found out i'm in love with a girl, whos always been around. not that it made me stop using brown for the sake of her, but it helped me a lot thinking about it. if there's anything that prevents me on going back on the short term, it's losing that friendship.
so, +1 point to me on the whole situation.
Old 11.20.2008, 11:29 AM   #2
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
huh yeah i might want to come back here later. I can't be bothererd to write a long post but lots of things to say to that , sure. will report back.
+ 1 point from me to you for the hindsight . It's good to be able to SEE when it's all been BLURRED for a long time, i can totally relate to this. will be back.
Old 11.20.2008, 11:30 AM   #3
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Urmm, education, girls, money and some music too, not that much really.

You have to keep smiling though don't you?

EDIT: i should probably add my health too.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2008, 11:35 AM   #4
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, should keep smiling, or at least keep the optimism to wake up every morning. the last one being extremely hard for me anyway.
looking back, it's a lot easyer now- from the outside of the things.
the inside- well, it's been a mess, and now it's a complete disaster, but still...
Old 11.20.2008, 11:38 AM   #5
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by shentov
i have a lot's ot thoughts about this and a lot of time to think about it. i've been doing really poor the last two years and going back thru things i've seen there are a lot of bad decision going in a row, that lead me to where I am at now. i'm not ranting or else, just keep track of what i have majorly fucked up. so it's not been a long ago i had pretty decent journo job in a huge company, got a lot, or at least it seemed to me like a lot of bucks, i was single and had couple of kick-ass fuck buddies i always could hang out with, had a band that recorded an album and started going pretty good for a period of time. then, i got heroin. and, you know, heroin (and all the drugs)gives this special smooth glow to everything, but only for a short while. i don't blame it on drugs at all. what happened to me is just a bunch of bad decision in a row, starting with smack. due to these bad decisions i've lost
-at least three great jobs, that would've paid greatly to my 'career';
-connection with my bandmates, not totally destroyed, but still a thing to re-build from now on. and it's been a good 8 years w/ this band.
-all of my musical gear, except the main thing- my epiphone bass. but there was a time i seriously wnated to sell it for dope.
-all of my photographer shit, huge collection of lomography cameras, all went up my femoral for a very short time.
-relationships with various people i liked.
-the pure vibe of being abroad with my band. i had to do gigs in withdrawals, getting fucked up on everything i could put my hands on in a foreign coutry. that was a lesson to learn the hard way. playing w/ Oi Polloi puking behind the amp. sorta child dream meets raw reality.
-missed a brief tour i could've played on.
-relationships w/ family, even though i have partly re-bulid some of it.
-lots of things i do regret now, but the worse is there are a lot of things i do regret NOT: thats what makes it hard as hell for me keep away from new bad decision binge.

i guess everyone has those times around.
this is not another drug-talk thread, at least not my intention for it to be, though my shit is so tightly packed with drugs i'm getting the shivers only thinking about it.

on the other hand all of this shit made me realize that i got a bunch of kick ass friends around, which is a tough life-exam. i found out i'm in love with a girl, whos always been around. not that it made me stop using brown for the sake of her, but it helped me a lot thinking about it. if there's anything that prevents me on going back on the short term, it's losing that friendship.

I'm not sure what I have to offer you, other than hope for the future. out of all my old school friends, I was the only one that avoided a vicious monkey. my best friend (who was surely the worst abuser) has turned his life completely around.

so...my point is: bad decisions only haunt you if fail to learn from them. I realize that heroin addiction is different than, say, buying the wrong kind of shampoo, but it too can be overcome.

get outside help if you need it and beware relapsing. just say "NO" to "just one time". [a regular point-of-light, I am]

good luck.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2008, 11:40 AM   #6
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Her.

W_-V
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2008, 11:49 AM   #7
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I lost my $200 pay check because I decided to go see "Be Kind, Rewind" I'm a fan of Jack Black but that was an awful movie.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2008, 11:58 AM   #8
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
fuck man, at least you can see clearly enough to understand what has been going on _shentov_. Keep yr head up my man.
Old 11.20.2008, 11:58 AM   #9
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I lost my $200 pay check because I decided to go see "Be Kind, Rewind" I'm a fan of Jack Black but that was an awful movie.

i shouted this shit from the rooftops when this horrid bullshit came out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11.20.2008, 01:05 PM   #10
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
i shouted this shit from the rooftops when this horrid bullshit came out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
before or after you watched the movie (if you watched it)
Old 11.20.2008, 01:35 PM   #11
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

after walking out of the theater 25 minutes into that piece of SHIT
Old 11.20.2008, 01:37 PM   #12
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost

werd. i fucken loved it. i laughed like a motherfucker. prolly cuz i've made my own "sueded" movies and i got all the movie references & shit. it's definitely a movie for movie nerds.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2008, 01:48 PM   #13
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
after walking out of the theater 25 minutes into that piece of SHIT

funny, that's about how long it took before I closed out the dvd-window.

why did that movie suck so bad? I was expecting better and the premise sounded funny....but....

[subliminal_msg: this is not a hijack. I was not here. I did not post this]
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2008, 01:54 PM   #14
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

it was fucking horrible. the theatre where I saw it with my girlfriend had maybe 50-75 people in it, an daround the twenty minute mark, I had counted one guy, just one fucking guy, who was laughing at anything on screen (and he laughed just 3-4 times ). I looked around and saw everyone with the same look on their face, thinking "did I pay $8.00 to sit here and watch a movie populated by near mental deficients in some sort of pseudo-mystical nether region of Queens?" it was fucking sad to watch. it was even sadder to watch how far Danny Glover has fallen off man. what a fucking JOKE of a role and a JOKE of a movie.

fucking horrible.

it was WORSE THAN SWEENEY TODD.

I stayed for all of THAT piece of rotten shit. I guess I like self-torture.
Old 11.20.2008, 02:16 PM   #15
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
funny, that's about how long it took before I closed out the dvd-window.

why did that movie suck so bad? I was expecting better and the premise sounded funny....but....

[subliminal_msg: this is not a hijack. I was not here. I did not post this]

It did seem like a funny movie. I mean Jack Black and the re-made movies were somewhat funny and all, but the fact that they were trying to save some gay little movie rental store. I mean the story itself was completely shitty. Not to mention the the ending, which I wanted to puke after watching. Making a movie on, well I don't remember what that stupid movie was about but.....Ah screw it. It was shit.

MY FUCING PAYCHECK WAS GOING TO MY CC BILL WTF!
Old 11.20.2008, 02:43 PM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by shentov
i have a lot's ot thoughts about this and ...

so i thought for a while about to answer seriously and i realized that the reason i was compelled to make jokes is not because i don't take your woes seriously, but because i don't wanna be posting on the internet what i "lost to bad decisions", and because of a zealous protection of my privacy, but because i just dont like to spend a lot of time with regrets and lamentations.

my point is-- learn your lessons from the past, yes, but focus on the here and now that's in front of your nose, or you're liable to squander that as well while you're being haunted by the romance of looking back in sorrow.

the present!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2008, 02:46 PM   #17
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
its a fucking jack black movie, of course its gonna be shit, you can'thave one without the other...
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2008, 02:49 PM   #18
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

my point is-- learn your lessons from the past, yes, but focus on the here and now that's in front of your nose, or you're liable to squander that as well while you're being haunted by the romance of looking back in sorrow.

the present!

Well maybe other people can learn from other people's mistakes, however it isn't automactically goin' to make you regret the decision but it will certainly make you think twice about it. Take my bad decision for instance, I'm sure you know that you may not lose $200 after watching "Be Kind Rewind" but it is foolish to think that it isn't possible. This is to teach us something about life if it affects us directly or not. And yes, we should only focus on the future, but knowing a little history certainly doesn't hurt.
Old 11.20.2008, 02:54 PM   #19
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

that is why I find people who say the live by the mantra of "No Regrets" completely deluded.

regrets are what one learns from, what one uses to reshape one's life and decisions, so those regretted things do not repeat themselves. anyone who claims to have no regrets because they don't live life that way is in for a world of deep deep hurt when all that shit catches up to you without you having done anything about it, either internally within onesself, or externally to repair or at least minimize the pain caused by actions regretted.
Old 11.20.2008, 02:58 PM   #20
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
its a fucking jack black movie, of course its gonna be shit, you can'thave one without the other...

School of Rock was motherfuckin' "Touch of Evil" compared to Be Kind Rewind!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth