Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page chance music purchases for the day
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.18.2008, 11:49 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
today i bought:

john zorn-naked city
erase errata-at crystal palace
converge-no heroes
converge-petitioning the empty sky
kraftwerk-minimum maximum
fucked up-hidden world
no age-weirdo rippers
neurosis-given to the rising
polvo-shapes

how much did i pay for these cd's you ask?? 0 dollars. That's right, i paid jack shit. How is this possible? Because I got them on my student credit account at the University of Arizona bookstore. I was buying my text books today, and when I was finished I figured Id check out what cd's they had. I was absolutley blown the fuck away at what they had. Polvo for instance i rarely even see in record stores these days. the best thing about free cds though is you buy stuff you prolly wudnt buy otherwise. like the zorn, neurosis, and no age records i already had on my comp but since i was payin anything i figured fuck it, now i got hard copies. also the converge records, im still obsessed with jane doe and kinda stopped remembering to buy any new converge alblums, but petitioning is an amazing collection of their older stuff, and no heroes blew me away with how good it is. almost as good as jane doe. im quite curious in fucked up tho, ive heard mixed things about them so im quite interested to what they actually sound like. anyways.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 11:57 PM   #2
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

avantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's asses
so you never have to pay the money back? you just walk in a charge it to an account? fucking brilliant.

avantgarde1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2008, 12:03 AM   #3
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
yup. see, as a college student, it is my job to me a leech. to my parents that is. and this account is the same account i buy my books on. so as far as they know my books just cost an extra 120 bucks more than they did. shithead move, but fuck it, im in school and working two jobs to pay for my aprtment and car. im not gonna feel too bad for scamming the rents for a lil free music.
Old 01.19.2008, 08:08 AM   #4
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
john zorn-naked city .. which naked city CD? The first one? They're all really good; not a big fan of Heretic, but..
erase errata-at crystal palace .. great shit. Too short, though!
converge-no heroes .. meh.
converge-petitioning the empty sky .. this CD's great!
kraftwerk-minimum maximum .. Heheh. Kraftwerk is .. I can't put my finger on it.. I like them, but I never have the urge to listen to them.
fucked up-hidden world .. never heard of 'em.
no age-weirdo rippers .. This CD is the epitome of mediocre. It had some cool moments, but jesus.. the hype behind it made it seem like the second coming of Jesus. Some really odd arty parts that are nice. Nothing too special.
neurosis-given to the rising .. excellent! One of the best of last year!
polvo-shapes .. their worst but still better than 90% of albums I can think of right now.

Good purchases.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2008, 08:26 AM   #5
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
yup. see, as a college student, it is my job to me a leech. to my parents that is. and this account is the same account i buy my books on. so as far as they know my books just cost an extra 120 bucks more than they did. shithead move, but fuck it, im in school and working two jobs to pay for my aprtment and car. im not gonna feel too bad for scamming the rents for a lil free music.

Well, great! You're on your way. When you get married, you can have casual sex over lunch with the secretary, because your wife will never find out. So far as she knows, your workday is just more tiring than usual. Fuck it, you're a working man paying for your mortgage and three cars. You're not going to feel too bad for scamming the wife for a lil free sex on the side.

Oh, and hell, pad the expense account a little. The boss will never know those beverage costs were for a few martinis and not iced tea. He never checks those things, and besides, you work like hell for him and never get thanked. You deserve it.
Old 01.19.2008, 08:30 AM   #6
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I often bought food and things like that on my student card, by the way, even the occasional luxury item. But I would tell my parents about it, and I didn't abuse the privilege.

They also knew that I spent much of my part-time job money on luxury things like records and beer and nights out and stuff, money that theoretically should have been going to pay for school bills and stuff. But I was open about it. I would have felt way too guilty to enjoy my purchases if I had to hide them.

If you're working part-time two jobs, you should send money to your parents to compensate for the extra tab on your student bill.

Just remember--karma, man. It'll get you.
Old 01.19.2008, 01:08 PM   #7
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
john zorn-naked city .. which naked city CD? The first one? They're all really good; not a big fan of Heretic, but..
erase errata-at crystal palace .. great shit. Too short, though!
converge-no heroes .. meh.
converge-petitioning the empty sky .. this CD's great!
kraftwerk-minimum maximum .. Heheh. Kraftwerk is .. I can't put my finger on it.. I like them, but I never have the urge to listen to them.
fucked up-hidden world .. never heard of 'em.
no age-weirdo rippers .. This CD is the epitome of mediocre. It had some cool moments, but jesus.. the hype behind it made it seem like the second coming of Jesus. Some really odd arty parts that are nice. Nothing too special.
neurosis-given to the rising .. excellent! One of the best of last year!
polvo-shapes .. their worst but still better than 90% of albums I can think of right now.

Good purchases.

no age is definitley overated, but outa the new bands of 07 that got jacked off by pitchfork i think no age and deerhunter are the only ones worth listening too. and the naked city album is just the john zorn alblum called naked city prior to the, becoming a true band. it sounds more jazz like than noise like or extreme than the others.
Old 01.19.2008, 01:10 PM   #8
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I often bought food and things like that on my student card, by the way, even the occasional luxury item. But I would tell my parents about it, and I didn't abuse the privilege.

They also knew that I spent much of my part-time job money on luxury things like records and beer and nights out and stuff, money that theoretically should have been going to pay for school bills and stuff. But I was open about it. I would have felt way too guilty to enjoy my purchases if I had to hide them.

If you're working part-time two jobs, you should send money to your parents to compensate for the extra tab on your student bill.

Just remember--karma, man. It'll get you.

im in aa so i dont drink or do drugs anymore, i dont borrow money, i did a shithead thing but youre moralistic rants mean nothing to me. i dont come on message boards to be told how to live, i come here to talk about music, save it for someone you actually know perhaps.
Old 01.19.2008, 01:12 PM   #9
batreleaser
invito al cielo

o, atsonicpark, fucked up is a hardcore band that sounds a lot (i mean A LOT) like integrity, except they have 15 minute songs that never slow down. The long songs are definitley cool other than though theyre nothing special.
Old 01.19.2008, 01:53 PM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
This thread's pretty funny.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2008, 02:18 PM   #11
batreleaser
invito al cielo

yea i guess it is haha
Old 01.19.2008, 02:21 PM   #12
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
that fucked up album was alright not great from what i remember.

and the only converge album i've listened to that isn't all that is when forever comes crashing.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2008, 02:41 PM   #13
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I got a box-set of Mozart quartets today. My dealer is bringing it round to the house as we speak. In your faces, non-owners of Mozart quartets box-sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2008, 02:59 PM   #14
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

avantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

oh ok, so it's not completely "free", yr parents are paying for it. that's kool, my parents use to give me money for lunch for school, and i'd spend it on music & pot, lol. and jesus christ, how old are you that yr in college and aa?!?!?

Old 01.19.2008, 03:43 PM   #15
batreleaser
invito al cielo

im 20, i was addicted to oxycontin and later heroin from 17ish till 6 months ago if u must know
Old 01.19.2008, 03:46 PM   #16
batreleaser
invito al cielo

im now sober, id much rather deal with my problems with chemicals at a young age than 5 years from now when ive fucked up every aspect of my life. some people can have some drinks and be social and happy, others can not. one beer for me became a black out charachterized by the need for endless apologies to friends, parents, etc.., or even more often, cocaine, or pills. so, instead of goin on like this rationalizing it with "im still young", and potentially flunking out of school, i decided to get my shit together and focus on other things that make me happy, writing, creating noise, reading, film, sex, etc... and im all the better for it. theres certainly no age limit on addiction.
Old 01.19.2008, 03:52 PM   #17
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
oh great, another "don't judge me by my lifestyle! i'm a recovering addict, i'm frail! don't bruise my psyche!" post.
yes i've made a few of those in my day (sans the "i'm a recovering addict!" stuff) but i don't rant about it on the internet.
Old 01.19.2008, 04:06 PM   #18
batreleaser
invito al cielo

yeah that was stupid, but im not claiming to be frail blah blah, he asked me why id be in aa when im still in college so i told him. ill save it for the counselor next time i suppose.
Old 01.19.2008, 04:58 PM   #19
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

damn son, sounds like a made for tv movie! lol, glad yr getting "help" though. i might be a lush and i smoke pot on occasion (though not till march as i'm on probation, lol), but i stay away from the other stuff for fear of getting addicted... that and i can't stand snorting stuff up my nose, lol!

Old 01.19.2008, 05:03 PM   #20
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
im in aa so i dont drink or do drugs anymore, i dont borrow money, i did a shithead thing but youre moralistic rants mean nothing to me. i dont come on message boards to be told how to live, i come here to talk about music, save it for someone you actually know perhaps.

Oh grow up and get back to studying. Either that or relax and have a beer.

Whiner.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth