Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I hate life.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.31.2007, 10:17 PM   #1
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Too much homework, hardly any sleep, no time for food, minimal friends, maximum anxiety at school from the gross of people. I wish I had the balls to Cobain myself.

Blah blah teenage angst blah blah. I just need a distraction.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 10:20 PM   #2
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
too much vajayjay talk, if you want my opinion.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 10:23 PM   #4
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anngella
Too much homework,

Yes.

Quote:
hardly any sleep,

Yes.

Quote:
no time for food,

No money for food.

Quote:
minimal friends,

A few decent ones = enough for me.

Quote:
maximum anxiety at school from the gross of people.

Fair enough.

Quote:
I wish I had the balls to Cobain myself.

Don't do that.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 10:32 PM   #5
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
let me just ellaborate on my first post & say that you're a hell of a lot more interesting when you're not hiding behind sex/vaginas/masturbation/ every other post.

you're really smart & funny and creative, and if you can't find too many friends at school you'll find them later on. school is just not for everyone. for me it was like prison.

and yeah i get it that you're desperate, and in more ways than one, but it's the same with everyone at some point. and eventually, it gets better.

but really hm the more you are open to other people (i.e. not hiding behind vaginas) the more they'll get a chance to discover the cool aspects of your personality. some times you just need to risk the chance.
Old 10.31.2007, 10:38 PM   #6
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Don't worry life will get better, it does if you insist on it. Friends you are not missing much, but be very selective because if you just choose random friends it just becomes a bore with them.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 10:40 PM   #7
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
I really don't talk all that much about vaginas in real life. Well I don't really talk at all. I'm just obnoxious on here because I can be.
This thread was kind of pointless and impulsive. I don't even really know what's going on. There are cat ears on my speakers.. Happy Halloween!

But thanks for the advice, 'tis 'preciated.

Old 10.31.2007, 10:41 PM   #8
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you're really smart & funny and creative, and if you can't find too many friends at school you'll find them later on. school is just not for everyone.

This is all true. I didn't have a set group of friends until I was a senior in high school. I can't really remember what I did before that...just whatever I felt like I guess.

I didn't make friends my first semester at ECC (where I am now), but I enjoyed being around the people I had in my classes. Also I was just coming off of a bad experience at my old college and I wasn't so much in the friend-making mood. This semester I do have friends, but it didn't happen instantly. It is true that once I started acting like my normal self in front of these people, it was easier to make friends with them.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 10:43 PM   #9
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I agree with what Lux said. Be yourself, if people don't like it screw them.
Old 10.31.2007, 10:48 PM   #10
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I really don't talk all that much about vaginas in real life. Well I don't really talk at all. I'm just obnoxious on here because I can be.
This thread was kind of pointless and impulsive. I don't even really know what's going on. There are cat ears on my speakers.. Happy Halloween!

But thanks for the advice, 'tis 'preciated.

well yes, it is evident that the vagina schtick is a ruse to hide your sensitive and shy self. (still, it gets tiresome). so i can only extrapolate that you still hide yourself in "real life".

so my point-- what is my point? when you're schtick-free you're really cool, and yeah it takes time & patience to find the people who can appreciate that, but (as with the talk of vaginas), remaining hidden will push potential friends away.

my point is... what is my point? oh i have no point.

anyway, highschool is a good time to learn useful social skills. even if you're surrounded by pricks, you need to learn to get along with them, because they control valuable resources you need.

so-- not everybody needs to be your friend, but it's important to learn to dance-- hello, goodbye, laugh at jokes, make jokes, etc. the more comfortable you are with these stupid rituals the more you can show your true self and actually meet interesting people who are compatible with you.

but anyway. i need dinner.
Old 10.31.2007, 10:51 PM   #11
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

I don't really have a hard time making friends, I know tons of cool people who like me and whatever. But I met a lot of them on Myspace (which is totally lame, yet, totally 2007) and I just have trouble maintaining them and/or becoming close with them.

I'm complaining way too much and it's bugging me. I wonder what good candy my sister got..
I just called someone "dawg" -definitely a sign of overtiredness.

Old 10.31.2007, 10:53 PM   #12
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I love school. Well, learning. Learning makes me feel like I'm improving myself. And we can all use improvements.

But I want it to be over so I can get out of here and leave for college.

[/nerd]
Old 10.31.2007, 10:54 PM   #13
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
don't listen to !@#$%!'s last part of the post!

sure, you have to coexist with people, but fuck trying to get along with them, be yourself and surround yourself with people you're comfortable with, if you can't find any, be comfortable with yourself and honest with yourself.

basically, chill out, don't intellectualize this too much and you'll find yourself out of this anxiety heavy period before you know it.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 10:56 PM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I don't really have a hard time making friends, I know tons of cool people who like me and whatever. But I met a lot of them on Myspace (which is totally lame, yet, totally 2007) and I just have trouble maintaining them and/or becoming close with them.

I'm complaining way too much and it's bugging me. I wonder what good candy my sister got..
I just called someone "dawg" -definitely a sign of overtiredness.

hit & run.

well hm of course you're going to have trouble becoming close to people when you maintain things at a superficial level-- take this very post, for example. here you start saying something real and interesting, but then you get shy and the distractions pop up-- candy, dawg, whatever-- crap.

just have the balls to be yourself, you know? sure not everyone is going to like you, nobody is liked by everyone, but at least you'll know that those who like you really do. in other words-- nut up, and speak your mind
Old 10.31.2007, 11:00 PM   #15
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Honesty and tact work on equal measures.
Old 10.31.2007, 11:01 PM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
don't listen to !@#$%!'s last part of the post!

sure, you have to coexist with people, but fuck trying to get along with them, be yourself and surround yourself with people you're comfortable with, if you can't find any, be comfortable with yourself and honest with yourself.

basically, chill out, don't intellectualize this too much and you'll find yourself out of this anxiety heavy period before you know it.

surrounding yourself with yourself is bad in chess and bad business, and it will keep you poor for life. getting along with people is an important skill-- mere diplomacy-- separate from real friendships. "good morning this is my photo portfolio, this is what i charge per session, you can find me at this number, have a nice day". you gotta fucking have that or you're crippled.
Old 10.31.2007, 11:09 PM   #17
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I love school. Well, learning. Learning makes me feel like I'm improving myself. And we can all use improvements.

But I want it to be over so I can get out of here and leave for college.

[/nerd]
I feel the same, most of the time. When there's something I don't understand I'm too stubborn to ask because I don't like feeling stupid hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
That's really good advice, thank you.

I do agree that getting along with people is a good skill to have, and I really don't have a problem with that in most cases. It just depends on the situation. If it's someone I'm just meeting, then I'm totally fine, but if it's an idiot/ass/twatgobbler then I (naturally) don't get along with them well.

Old 10.31.2007, 11:10 PM   #18
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i agree wholeheartedly but she's in high school, those are things she'll pick up but first she has to be true to herself so she can differentiate between people like this and people that are genuinely cool people.

it's one thing to be in a work situation and another to be with the cliques and the popular dipshits etc. etc.

i usually agree with your advices, and this one is good in a more mature situation, but not in her case.

besides, i think she does handle herself well in situations like that, or so it seems.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 11:10 PM   #19
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I wish I had the balls to Cobain myself.

that is a fucked up way to describe your frustrations.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 11:16 PM   #20
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

Angella, I used to be in your place, and from experience I can tell you that if you work your ass off, and don't give up you will be fine. Remember that your problems are temporary, that is something I learned the hard way. But it is true.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth