Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.10.2021, 10:22 AM   #3421
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hah, that chimp guy (lol obvious who) is also on lodge 49

so this is like wallander or something?

yes and no, it's a parody on those crime series. But it's a good story anyway, in the sense that they keep it open who the real bad guy (or girl) is until the very end.

speaking of crime series, I also started watching season 2 of Baptiste, but I aborted after a few episodes. The actors are quite good, especially the main character. But the story is horrible. Based on reviews I read, season 1 was much better, so maybe I'll still watch that.

Quote:
btw u have dupe post...

guys guys guys erase your duplicates. they're getting the thread stuck. i had to go and nuke an ancient post to let it all rip again.
I occasionally leave duplicates so that there's something to delete

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2021, 12:50 PM   #3422
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I have been trying to post for weeks and it never does
Old 09.11.2021, 01:02 PM   #3423
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I have been trying to post for weeks and it never does
it's because the duplicates jam things up

just erase as you go
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2021, 12:50 PM   #3424
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
who is running this shit show?

It should be an easy fix.
Old 09.14.2021, 09:32 AM   #3425
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
who is running this shit show?

It should be an easy fix.
hahah

basically nobody right now, as i understand, because it's a database problem, not an editorial problem.

chris habib used to do both ends, but that was an unusual case.

current mods have been in a perpetual war against spammer bots and other pests, but real nerd shit is not in their wheelhouse, and i don't know that the owners would want to invest in a tech cleanup or revamp at this point.

i've looked at "free" public forums like reddit as emergency landings in case of total crash but found nothing good there.

so in case this disappears without a warning, thanks to everyone for all these years.
Old 09.16.2021, 07:29 AM   #3426
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
hahah

basically nobody right now, as i understand, because it's a database problem, not an editorial problem.

chris habib used to do both ends, but that was an unusual case.

current mods have been in a perpetual war against spammer bots and other pests, but real nerd shit is not in their wheelhouse, and i don't know that the owners would want to invest in a tech cleanup or revamp at this point.

i've looked at "free" public forums like reddit as emergency landings in case of total crash but found nothing good there.

so in case this disappears without a warning, thanks to everyone for all these years.

Been here for a decade now, with just this username, I’m not frankly keen on it evaporating

I’ve messaged mods about it, was told it was being worked on, that was months ago now. Should indeed be an easy fix.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2021, 09:23 AM   #3427
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I watched The Irregulars, it's OK except that they are not really respectful to the original characters of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson, nor the era in which the story is supposed to take place in.
But it's enjoyable enough to watch until the end. There won't be another season, which is not really shocking but it would have been interesting how the series and characters would evolve.

Old 09.16.2021, 09:53 AM   #3428
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Been here for a decade now, with just this username, I’m not frankly keen on it evaporating

I’ve messaged mods about it, was told it was being worked on, that was months ago now. Should indeed be an easy fix.
neither am i, but you know, everything evaporates in the end

i'd bet tunic could fix all of it in a short time if they gave him the keys to the boiler room.

this guy also: http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/member.php?u=131740
(he's gone by many names over the years, i can't keep track) warned about eventual tech problems aaaages ago, and offered to update the forum. overqualified as he was, unfortunately nobody recognized him at the time, due to the frequent name changes and post deletions

i think in those days he may have posted as "cunt" (in the british sense i assume). but that profile seems to no longer exist lmao.
http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/memberl... ername&ltr=C

anyway, i remember things like that, but ultimately know nothing useful, like actual php/mysql lololol.
Old 09.16.2021, 05:53 PM   #3429
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
neither am i, but you know, everything evaporates in the end

i'd bet tunic could fix all of it in a short time if they gave him the keys to the boiler room.

this guy also: http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/member.php?u=131740
(he's gone by many names over the years, i can't keep track) warned about eventual tech problems aaaages ago, and offered to update the forum. overqualified as he was, unfortunately nobody recognized him at the time, due to the frequent name changes and post deletions

i think in those days he may have posted as "cunt" (in the british sense i assume). but that profile seems to no longer exist lmao.
http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/memberl... ername&ltr=C

anyway, i remember things like that, but ultimately know nothing useful, like actual php/mysql lololol.

You’ve made me paranoid about this website someday evaporating. I think I’ll set up an email address for you and any other cool motherfuckers who want to contact me to be able to do so. Hmm. Keep DMs clear
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2021, 02:59 AM   #3430
_tunic_
invito al cielo

Quote:
no sorry. I'm a tester, not a coder. I can break stuff easily, but can't fix anything

Old 09.17.2021, 08:49 AM   #3431
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
no sorry. I'm a tester, not a coder. I can break stuff easily, but can't fix anything
oh hahaha that profession must be fun! i like wrecking things.

so... was it you who broke the forum?

Quote:
Re: Ramy, wait until he fucks his cousin.

it's about to happen! lol. having a number of hot cousins, i sympathize with his predicament.
Old 09.17.2021, 02:54 PM   #3432
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Reservation Dogs, by Taika Waititi, is very very good.

The new season of What We Do In The Shadows is amazing, as expected.

Waiting on Survivor. (Am I the only boardie that watches Survivor still?)
Old 09.25.2021, 12:40 PM   #3433
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

reservation dogs great so far, just wanted to add the info that while taika is the weight behind the production, kinda like the godfather of it all, the main creative source for these stories is sterlin harjo, who is a seminole/muskogee guy from oklahoma (where he lives and the stories happen).

here's an interview with him:
https://indiancountrytoday.com/lifes...servation-dogs

anyway, if you like this show you'll most likely enjoy his movies. i've seen two of them: "three sheets to the wind" and "barking water", which are hilarious, but have not seen the most recent ones--some are supposed to be heavier or something.

--

re: ramy, i have no problem with the cousin storyline, but his bachelor party is the goddamn fucking worst hahahaha, wtf, he's so fucking weird. i was liking the mom & sister episodes where he doesn't appear, but no, he had to come back and be weird af. yikes! lmfao.

--

ive never watched survivor in my life. maybe part of an episode? not sure of a full one.

--

eta, later: i just finished season 2 of ramy. goddamn... lolololol

i wanted so bad to punch him in the snout
Old 09.28.2021, 10:32 AM   #3434
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Season 4 (Final season) of GOLIATH on prime.
Old 09.28.2021, 01:22 PM   #3435
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Season 4 (Final season) of GOLIATH on prime.
good halloween fare judging from the first 2 seasons... damn, they were brutal. great, but brutal.

i might catch up with this show but first im trying to finish season 5 of x-files (been rewatching everything in order) and then i'll watch the 1998 movie, and then i'll pause hulu for a bit... then i'll attack prime (i have it all year anyway).

hulu price is going up for no commercials, and they don't have an annual deal for it right now. hulu annual with commercials is cheap but--fuck commercials!
Old 10.15.2021, 09:53 AM   #3436
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Watched Taika Waititi's 2010 film BOY. very good, very sad, and shows how similar life is for poor New Zealanders and poor Native Americans and poor Latinos, etc. The idea of fathers not being around at all, of 10-12 year olds being forced to look after their siblings while the mom/grandma spends her time drinking, etc....
Old 10.15.2021, 09:53 AM   #3437
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Watched Taika Waititi's 2010 film BOY. very good, very sad, and shows how similar life is for poor New Zealanders and poor Native Americans and poor Latinos, etc. The idea of fathers not being around at all, of 10-12 year olds being forced to look after their siblings while the mom/grandma spends her time drinking, etc....
Old 11.17.2021, 02:54 PM   #3438
_tunic_
invito al cielo

I started watching this new comedy series on Netflix. It's called Seinfeld, it's ok'ish, so I'll probably finish it. I wish they had left out the stand-up comedy segments....
Anyone seen it already?

There's a new series starting next week (over here, perhaps it's already running in the US?), of which the trailer looks very cool & good music too: Cowboy Bebop. But I've read mixed reviews about it.

Old 11.18.2021, 08:39 PM   #3439
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

still mostly only have time for x-files, completist version (one a day, in sequence, then saw the first movie, continued, etc).

currently in the middle of season 7... goddamn tv shows were looooong back in the day...

looking forward to the return of THE GREAT on hulu. that will get me motivated to watch extra (and waste more life hahaha).

--

eta: well it looks like this thread got stuck (delete your dupes please) so i'll just add here that a) season 7 of xfiles looked to be jumping the shark, and so b) i paused/cancelled hulu for the time being cuz who has time for so much tv

eta,2: just a note to leave here, grant petersen likes astrid: https://www.amazon.com/Astrid-Season-1/dp/B09BP4QF2X
Old 11.18.2021, 08:39 PM   #3440
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

still mostly only have time for x-files, completist version (one a day, in sequence, then the movie, etc).

currently in the middle of season 7... goddamn tv shows were looooong back in the day...

looking forward to the return of THE GREAT on hulu. that will get me motivated to watch extra (and waste more life hahaha).
122162169170171 172 173174175182 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth