Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools
Old 08.09.2017, 02:36 PM   #1501
!@#$%!
invito al cielo
 
!@#$%!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: mars attacks
Posts: 42,353
!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha ha, jack!

yeah he was brought on to add some necessary cheer and "heroism" or whatever. since rose is so helpless till the end, and the doctor a bumbling pacifist. so they needed a trigger happy "american" i guess. oh yeah the the wink wink sex thing you mentioned too right yes? like i was saying elsewhere, a lot of art is about gender these days as we're due for a massive software update.

as for mickey, i found rose's treatment of him more awful than his scenes. plus they make him look like a moron. token black, comedy fodder, and a moron. diversity! lol. for real can't wait to see idris elba as the doctor. or the long-necked woman who plays his wife in luther.

anyway please say no more about season 2 though, as i've just started it. though werewolfs and vampires is a bit, uh... tired. (just ended w/ the tony head/sarah/dog episode which, now im really curious about past episodes)

but yeah please no s2 or further ha ha ha. be kind to animals
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2017, 03:08 PM   #1502
demonrail666
invito al cielo
 
demonrail666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 18,509
demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha, jack!

yeah he was brought on to add some necessary cheer and "heroism" or whatever. since rose is so helpless till the end, and the doctor a bumbling pacifist. so they needed a trigger happy "american" i guess. oh yeah the the wink wink sex thing you mentioned too right yes? like i was saying elsewhere, a lot of art is about gender these days as we're due for a massive software update.

as for mickey, i found rose's treatment of him more awful than his scenes. plus they make him look like a moron. token black, comedy fodder, and a moron. diversity! lol. for real can't wait to see idris elba as the doctor. or the long-necked woman who plays his wife in luther.

anyway please say no more about season 2 though, as i've just started it. though werewolfs and vampires is a bit, uh... tired. (just ended w/ the tony head/sarah/dog episode which, now im really curious about past episodes)

but yeah please no s2 or further ha ha ha. be kind to animals

I won't mention s2 after what you've seen so far, which means I can say School Reunion is a great great episode. It's really just a big shameless nostalgia fest with K-9 and Sarah Jane. who can't love K-9 ("we're in a car")? And I always have a little cry when Sarah Jane and the doctor finally say their goodbyes. But even putting nostalgia aside, the headmaster character is great and the Krillitanes seem pretty nasty. In terms of pure enjoyment it's one of my favourites from the whole modern era. I'd also say it's where Tennant really starts to make the Doctor his own
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2017, 03:30 PM   #1503
!@#$%!
invito al cielo
 
!@#$%!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: mars attacks
Posts: 42,353
!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
right, the headmaster is tony head who is giles the watcher in buffy. he's fucking great.

i read about that lady and she's dead. like really dead not the character. massive bummer. diagnosed on a february and dead in april. fucked up.

so those goodbyes look ever more poignant in retrospective

but yeah i look forward to seeing her episodes-- and the dog-- i'll get there... unless i die first :/
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2017, 03:34 PM   #1504
demonrail666
invito al cielo
 
demonrail666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 18,509
demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha, jack!

yeah he was brought on to add some necessary cheer and "heroism" or whatever. since rose is so helpless till the end, and the doctor a bumbling pacifist. so they needed a trigger happy "american" i guess. oh yeah the the wink wink sex thing you mentioned too right yes? like i was saying elsewhere, a lot of art is about gender these days as we're due for a massive software update.

Jack has some great moments but, I dunno, I just don't want to know about that stuff in Doctor Who. It's not the gay angle but the sex angle generally. it just seems out of place in a series whose main character I've always considered as essentially asexual - not difficult when you remember the people who played him before the reboot. But it also goes for the companions. There were obviously plenty of crushes on Sarah Jane and Leela but the stories never exploited or really pandered to them.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2017, 03:41 PM   #1505
!@#$%!
invito al cielo
 
!@#$%!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: mars attacks
Posts: 42,353
!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Jack has some great moments but, I dunno, I just don't want to know about that stuff in Doctor Who. It's not the gay angle but the sex angle generally. it just seems out of place in a series whose main character I've always considered as essentially asexual - not difficult when you remember the people who played him before the reboot. But it also goes for the companions. There were obviously plenty of crushes on Sarah Jane and Leela but the stories never exploited or really pandered to them.
funny story, im watching diary of a call girl or whatever it's called at the same time as dr who

as i understand the girl in question was also on both shows at the same time?

which is hilarious-- the call girl character actually colors rose a bit for me haa ha haa

and yeah the asexual thing makes sense/ would be fitting, but seems to me the cat is now out of the bag in that regard

though if you think about it, hitting on your assistant is pretty reprehensible per today's mores. power relationship and what not.

i smell a lawsuit, ha ha ha
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2017, 07:56 PM   #1506
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,723
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Symbols -- you're right on on Season 1 of the reboot. Beginning: Almost not even worth watching. Ending: Super redeeming, best part of the season.

Now you'll get into Tennant, and soon you'll know why I flip out about this show. Hopefully.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2017, 07:27 AM   #1507
demonrail666
invito al cielo
 
demonrail666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 18,509
demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
The thing lacking in season 1 was a really stand-out episode, but then that series was always gonna be less about blowing minds and more about the writers, actors, producers, etc, trying to find their feet: creating something that'd appeal to a modern audience without alienating those fans brought up on the classic era. On those terms I'd say they did a pretty decent job of it overall. (And hiring Tennant for series 2t was obviously the mother of all masterstrokes.)
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2017, 09:43 AM   #1508
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,723
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
The thing lacking in season 1 was a really stand-out episode, but then that series was always gonna be less about blowing minds and more about the writers, actors, producers, etc, trying to find their feet: creating something that'd appeal to a modern audience without alienating those fans brought up on the classic era. On those terms I'd say they did a pretty decent job of it overall. (And hiring Tennant for series 2t was obviously the mother of all masterstrokes.)

Yeah, I guess you're right. Looking back, I remember that I actually liked Eccleston at the time. I mean, I never liked the v-necks or leather jackets, but I liked him well enough ("Bananas are good!") while I was watching it. It wasn't until I saw Tennant that I thought, "Fuck that other guy."

And there was some nice mythology-building with Jack and his evolving story, and what would follow on Torchwood. Honestly I think the worst part was Rose. She's just the worst companion of the modern era. Sorry. She continued to be a drag into #10 territory for me honestly.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2017, 09:47 AM   #1509
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo
 
Rob Instigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In the land of the Instigator
Posts: 27,927
Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
you guys need to start a Dr. whodini thread ..... hahahahah
__________________
RXTT's Intellectual Journey - my new blog where I talk about all the books I read.
Rob Instigator is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2017, 10:12 AM   #1510
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,723
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I finished the Handmaid's Tale, season 1.

Definitely some powerful fucking television. I almost hesitate to recommend it to anyone who, like me, harbors some semi-apocalyptic fears about the future of the U.S., because it will almost certainly compound those fears and make your sleep even twitchier. But it's quite good. A little overblown at times (how many more shows need to prominently feature Nina Simone's "Feelin' Good" in its near-entirety?), but those times are few. Mostly it hits the right notes, and manages to be subtly and realistically terrifying, bringing horror from hazy background into sharp, crystalline focus at the most effective times.

Now I'm re-reading the book.

I'm pretty sure it's going to win all those Emmy things. Which is fair, I guess, considering Taboo and Legion and the Young Pope were SOMEHOW OMITTED.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2017, 10:45 AM   #1511
!@#$%!
invito al cielo
 
!@#$%!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: mars attacks
Posts: 42,353
!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Yeah, I guess you're right. Looking back, I remember that I actually liked Eccleston at the time. I mean, I never liked the v-necks or leather jackets, but I liked him well enough ("Bananas are good!") while I was watching it. It wasn't until I saw Tennant that I thought, "Fuck that other guy."

And there was some nice mythology-building with Jack and his evolving story, and what would follow on Torchwood. Honestly I think the worst part was Rose. She's just the worst companion of the modern era. Sorry. She continued to be a drag into #10 territory for me honestly.
she's a bit neanderthal looking but in a hot way. i don't mind looking at her.

now i dont know what's with the mancrushes on tennant, he's alright but i dont think because he's a better actor, but rather because he's got a much better part written.

for one thing, he fights more, a lot more, and doesn't spare the meanies so much. and for another thing, he's now some sort of captain kirk space lothario, by the look of the last few episodes i've seen (a jelous rose and sarah jane and madame pompadour plus jack from the previous, looks like he's trying to breed back the time lords ha ha-- but i digress)

anyway i dont see the tennant magic, not yet anyway, i do see better writing though-- a whole lot better. it's on the writers though.

and yes please no advance prophecies to look out for nothing, ha ha.

speaking of looking out for shit, i really fucking detest the preview of the upcoming episodes they have at the end. way to ruin everything. i see a lot of british shows doing that lately. I DON'T WANNA KNOW. otherwise it's "thanks, fucker, now i don't have to watch since you gave it all away." so i cover my ears and close my eyes and go "laaa laa laa laaa" till the end credits come up cuz i really like the stupid music. yeah. ha ha. i like the music
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2017, 10:55 AM   #1512
h8kurdt
invito al cielo
 
h8kurdt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In Mulder's Basement room
Posts: 5,459
h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
you guys need to start a Dr. whodini thread ..... hahahahah

This.

Please...
__________________


Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2017, 06:31 PM   #1513
demonrail666
invito al cielo
 
demonrail666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 18,509
demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Honestly I think the worst part was Rose. She's just the worst companion of the modern era. Sorry. She continued to be a drag into #10 territory for me honestly.

I loved her in most of season 1, when there was something quite heroic about her. But yeah, once she was with Tennant, there's little to her besides her infatuation with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

now i dont know what's with the mancrushes on tennant, he's alright but i dont think because he's a better actor, but rather because he's got a much better part written.


I'd never say Tennant was the better actor, just that I think his overall manner seems more in tune with what people have come to associate with the character. The writing did improve but that may have had something to do with his interpretation being easier to write for. Eccleston was trying to re-invent almost every aspect of the doctor which he's since admitted caused friction with the writers - which was ultimately why he left.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2017, 11:47 PM   #1514
!@#$%!
invito al cielo
 
!@#$%!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: mars attacks
Posts: 42,353
!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I loved her in most of season 1, when there was something quite heroic about her. But yeah, once she was with Tennant, there's little to her besides her infatuation with him.

hmmmm... i have nothing to compare her to because i dont know the previous companions (as i don't know the previous doctors) but i'm still liking her. i did hate the way she treated mickey the first season though ha ha haha. but bad wolf? hell yeah. in any case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I'd never say Tennant was the better actor, just that I think his overall manner seems more in tune with what people have come to associate with the character. The writing did improve but that may have had something to do with his interpretation being easier to write for. Eccleston was trying to re-invent almost every aspect of the doctor which he's since admitted caused friction with the writers - which was ultimately why he left.

oh, i didn't know all of that kremlinology and that the character was so much his idea and that he interfered with the writers.

fucking actors trying to write! disgraceful. see: kirk douglas in spartacus (blech). see: donald sutherland in the buffy movie (the worst, ruined the movie). who was the director who called actors "cattle"? was it john for or john huston or... either way, yeah...

except for mike leigh or robert altman who worked with improvisation-- they got some awesome stuff out of their actors. but scripting shit? fuck no. en-ra-ha! lolololol
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2017, 07:30 AM   #1515
demonrail666
invito al cielo
 
demonrail666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 18,509
demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know about him actually scripting anything but it's easy to see how his quite unorthodox interpretation would've been difficult for the writers to work with.I can also imagine the producers wondering what direction the show might take after three full series with Eccleston and if it was a direction they were that committed to going down. In a way Tennant was the far safer option, bringing the series back to familiar territory, while at the same time fully compliant with the show-runner's apparent obsession with upping the love-story angle.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2017, 11:14 AM   #1516
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,723
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Tennant is the better actor though. He is a much, much better actor. Not necessarily on the show, because I don't think Eccleston's acting was bad, but in general. Watch Tennant on Broadchurch or Jessica Jones or anything really... he's a pro. Classically trained. Eccleston is not terrible, but not at that level.

P.s. Check out Eccleston as Malekith the Accursed in Thor: The Dark World. He's just a walking pile of makeup. He's not even present. Anyone could have done that. Or no one. Not his fault though, I suppose.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2017, 11:22 AM   #1517
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,723
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I don't know about him actually scripting anything but it's easy to see how his quite unorthodox interpretation would've been difficult for the writers to work with.I can also imagine the producers wondering what direction the show might take after three full series with Eccleston and if it was a direction they were that committed to going down. In a way Tennant was the far safer option, bringing the series back to familiar territory, while at the same time fully compliant with the show-runner's apparent obsession with upping the love-story angle.

Hmm. See, the way I remember it, Tennant actually wanted to do a Scottish Doctor, and the network vetoed it. Tennant opted for a specific kind of Cambridge accent as a substitute... that was the level of control he had at the time. He could pick the "style" of high British.

Then a few years later another Scot comes along, and they let him keep the accent and do whatever he wants, including wearing his wedding ring (which he refused to take off, and which the writers had to work with and around). I'll bet that got to old #10 a bit.

Tennant was delighted to have the role. He didn't take over. He wa doing Shakespeare in the Park at the time. I don't think he rewrote a word, and his opinions weren't solicited, at least not early on. He DID do some improvising though... I can remember specific scenes but I don't know where Symbols is at with everything, so I don't want to spoil it.

Sigh.

Anyway, I'm team Tennant. I've enjoyed every Doctor, and honestly once I'm in the middle of one actor's tenure, I am totally "with" that actor -- thought I would hate Smith, ended up crying when he left, which I didn't do for Tennant -- but when I think "Doctor Who," I think of David Tennant.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2017, 08:56 AM   #1518
!@#$%!
invito al cielo
 
!@#$%!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: mars attacks
Posts: 42,353
!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
what's bananas about tennant is the proportion between his tiny chin and his mega-forehead, plus he has large eyes like a girl (or a character in the testament of orpheus) so that he looks more alien. whereas eccleston looks like a dude from a bar down the street. that's what i thought was cool about him, not in the relatability, but that he could look "normal", that being, hide among the masses. which is why his girlfriend is (in the words of the last human) "a chav." aaaa haaa haaa haa.

btw im in the middle of the cybermen story. which as i recall were called the robomen in early times? mickey ftw.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2017, 10:29 AM   #1519
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,723
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what's bananas about tennant is the proportion between his tiny chin and his mega-forehead, plus he has large eyes like a girl (or a character in the testament of orpheus) so that he looks more alien. whereas eccleston looks like a dude from a bar down the street. that's what i thought was cool about him, not in the relatability, but that he could look "normal", that being, hide among the masses. which is why his girlfriend is (in the words of the last human) "a chav." aaaa haaa haaa haa.

btw im in the middle of the cybermen story. which as i recall were called the robomen in early times? mickey ftw.

Rose was such a shit girlfriend to Mickey. I think they recognized the tokenism they were playing into at one point, and rectified that a bit, but I no -- no spoilers.

Rose really was a shit girlfriend though. Yuck.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2017, 10:35 AM   #1520
!@#$%!
invito al cielo
 
!@#$%!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: mars attacks
Posts: 42,353
!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh yeah she's a shit girlfriend no question.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
26
66737475 76 77787986126176 > »
-->

Thread Tools

All content 2006 Sonic Youth