Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What the fuck are you smoking????
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.17.2014, 09:07 PM   #81
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
so....i've been diggin that Tranwreck. yeah.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2014, 11:50 PM   #82
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
the chef at work gave me some of his homegrown weed to apologise to me because he was a total cunt (to be fair I did covertly try and cover him in boiling water) and it totally sucks. definitely quitting, too awkward.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2014, 12:42 PM   #83
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
mother fuckers be just making names up...

far as I know there are about ten consistent flavors and everything is just different names for these same varieties

Kush
Skunk
Purple
Grandpapa Purple
Haze
Trainwreck
Bubblegum
Thai
Crush/Juicy Fruit

All these creative names are just calling one of these strains by a different name..

Hmmm whatever it was. I loved it.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2014, 12:44 PM   #84
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Cheese

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2014, 11:59 AM   #85
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Dark Devil

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2014, 02:55 PM   #86
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
mother fuckers be just making names up...

far as I know there are about ten consistent flavors and everything is just different names for these same varieties

Kush
Skunk
Purple
Grandpapa Purple
Haze
Trainwreck
Bubblegum
Thai
Crush/Juicy Fruit

All these creative names are just calling one of these strains by a different name..

also
Diesel
White Widow

...or so I've been told...
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2014, 03:21 PM   #87
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Diesel is a kush strain, and technically you can subdivide Kush into its four primal flavors: Sour Diesel, Hindu, OG, and Master. Now there is a Kush strain called "cheese" and "crack" which is an OG-Master hybrid. Diesel is the spicy one, Hindu is the trademark skunky "kush" taste, OG is the fruity one, and Master is the earthy one..

You're right, I totally forgot to include the "widow/afghani" strain but that is because I haven't really seen those buds in over five years, they were the hits of the late 1990s..

Just a note: I've heard a million names for all the same buds but those ten I've listed (the original 9 + the widow/afghani added by tesla) are the names I've heard across the past 16 years to which EVERYTIME the herbs was called by one of those names, it had the same smell, taste, and characteristics. There are a lot of one-only hybrids and accidents floating around out there, but those basic ten are the pedigree to which all the hybrids evolve. For example, in the ten years that "kush" has been big in LA the lines between OG and Master are blurring under cross-breeding. Now you find a lot of herbs that have qualities of both, they are dense and dark like OG but fruity like master, or light and fluffy like OG but earthy and heavy high like Master. The Hindu is unmistakable its flavor and aroma are so pungent and unique, but ten years ago it was a a classic big leaf, super lime green Indica and now you find a lot of dense, Sativa-like buds that are darker green yet have that trademark Hindu flavor. For better or worse, hybrids are changing the market.

What is worse is that "fad" flavors are dominating and all the great "vintage" or "heirloom" flavors are being pushed out of the market because people aren't interested. I LOVE the skunks, the purples, the haze strains, but those are just not what is in demand. Its a kush or nothing market and it has been for years now. However OG has come to so thoroughly dominate the market that essentially its all ther e is available. Kush used to be rare, now finding quality other flavors is the rare treat you hunt down. To be sure there is plenty of "
work" floating around, "regz" and other classic strains BUT their quality and production are usually shit and often their stale from sitting around somebody's stash too long for lack of demand.

When I find good "regz" I am more excited than any Kush. I miss like 8 years ago when chronic in LA was at its peak and you could smoke some delicious, quality strains and toke a different flavor for everyday of the month!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2014, 03:57 PM   #88
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
diesel was HUGE around H-town for years about a decade ago. that shit STANK!
Old 08.01.2014, 04:32 PM   #89
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
diesel was HUGE around H-town for years about a decade ago. that shit STANK!

Yes it does. Especially sticky too, indeed its hard to store and handle which is why though it is one of the best quality strains, its popularity never took off. Personally Diesel is one of my favorites, but its not very marketable for the fact that it must be handled with care.

My everyday favorite is Hindu, but its getting rarer with this OG fetish that has captivated the LA area. Frankly having 1000s of "medical clubs" has made bud boring like Starbucks. Everybody is growing all the same shit so they can flip it to the clubs. You have to go out of your way over hill and vallye like Sugar Minott to find real quality smoke. The problem with Kush is its so aromatic, that it can fool a lot of people. In the early 2000s hyrdoponic took over LA chronic, and for the most part it sucked. We called it "Vita" weed because it really just tasted like whatever nutrient blend the grower used. The high is vapid, short lived, and essentially empty. You have to smoke this shit like every 15 minutes to stay faded. To be sure, it looks FANTASTIC and generally has a strong flavor BUT the high is worthless and duh, toking is first and foremost about getting high. We're not talking about good coffee or a perfectly cooked steak here! Well, hydro fell off the market and the seasonal outdoors continued to grow and thrive because well, they were WAAAAAAY better. The sun and soil produce the best flavors and highs, period, end of all discussion. I can FEEL the difference between soil buds and hyrdo, and the difference between indoor soil and outdoor soil, right in my forehead on the first toke. I LOVE outdoor. Anyway.. I digress. The problem with Kush is its so aromatic that it fools people. All this hyrdo OG is CRAP, the high is WEAK, but the taste and especially the smell is STRONG like incense. You can follow your nose for blocks to the source of ONE joint of kush being burned... So people are buying all this whack hydro kush like crazy almost strictly for the SMELL but never realizing THE HIGH IS SHIT. I won't touch it myself, but people pass me bowls or joints at places and whenever I smoke this crap I'm disappointed, have to rectify the situation by dipping into my jar and packing a REAL bowl of REAL smoke and showing them a REAL high, because again, I-man have to travel over hill and valley just to find a draw of good good sensi, and I want to share the fruits of my labors.

As a Rastaman, that people smoke GOOD herb is SINCERELY PART OF MY CULTURE. We are Herbsmen and roots people plain and simple.

Old 04.10.2015, 11:53 AM   #90
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Cigars. After a 2 month craving I finally gave in and got mesel a pack. After half a smoke I put it out. It's weird: after all this time I thought it was the dope all those years ago that was harsh. nuh uh, these cigars are harsh as fuck. Contradictally and awesomely i'm off to the car now to get the rest.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2015, 12:55 PM   #91
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
do NOT inhale the cigars!
Old 04.10.2015, 01:14 PM   #92
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
do NOT inhale the cigars!
Bullshit, you have to lightly inhale to get the sweeter flavor, when you don't its too overpowering

Old 04.10.2015, 02:35 PM   #93
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

never ever ever inhale the cigars! what you got to do is retrohale (sp?) the cigars, which is to suck some smoke in your mouth and then release it through your nose. That gives the different "notes" like when you aspirate some nice wine
Old 04.10.2015, 02:52 PM   #94
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

To each his own, whenever i smoked a cigar it tasted like shit if i didn't lightly inhale. If i took some to the nose even worse

Old 04.11.2015, 01:19 PM   #95
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
I mixed it up and kinda half inhaled half pussied out, either way my throat stung really bad last night.
Old 04.11.2015, 01:22 PM   #96
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I wouldn't even half inhale, more like 15% inhale but inhaling just the same

Old 04.11.2015, 01:34 PM   #97
Diesel
the destroyed room

I'll probaly go with the mellower Panama or filtered once i've dusted these off.
Old 04.11.2015, 03:09 PM   #98
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Its cliche but you really can't go wrong with a fresh black & mild, pipe tobacco is so much milder yet robust in flavor

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth