Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.. I don't need to chose a side..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.12.2009, 03:15 PM   #21
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
In b4 'lol@Marxism'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2009, 03:36 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
There's no privelege on the basis of colour. There's privelege on the basis of culture. White middle-class culture isn't necessarily white (it just lacks blood).

fucking A your a genius Glice! That is the most accurate synopsis of american race issues I have read in a long time. White in america is not a skin color, its a culture, and thats why I am not really a white man at all, because I don't relate to the 'white culture' of traditional, backwards (or backwoods ) americana.

in fact, I have been what white-american culture affectionately refers to as a "nigger lover" (everybody's someone elses nigger, I know you are so am I)

god bless america eh?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2009, 03:59 PM   #23
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
well, at local high schools you deal with kids getting arrested, dragged onto campus in hand cuffs, teachers snitching to their probation officers and administrators using the constant threat of jail/snitching to the PO to manipulate the youth.. its not my cup of tea thank you, in fact it is selling out by definition in my book, as I am anti system, anti-police, anti-manipulating the youth..

then don't be like the rest of their teachers! effect positive change at the root of the shitstem.

the point is, as a warehouse worker and/or message board poster, yr not likely to accomplish any of the grand goals that you've set for yrself.

please note: I use "the rest of their teachers" to fit inside yr context, but do not believe that yr description automatically applies to all teachers in cali.

Quote:
in fact, I have been what white-american culture affectionately refers to as a "nigger lover" (everybody's someone elses nigger, I know you are so am I)

you and I both, my friend. you and I both.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2009, 04:25 PM   #24
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
then don't be like the rest of their teachers! effect positive change at the root of the shitstem.

the point is, as a warehouse worker and/or message board poster, yr not likely to accomplish any of the grand goals that you've set for yrself.

please note: I use "the rest of their teachers" to fit inside yr context, but do not believe that yr description automatically applies to all teachers in cali.

you and I both, my friend. you and I both.

no its not really the teacher's fault, it is the school system which works directly and in tandem with the courts, police and probation. The principals and administrators use these agencies of oppression to manipulate the youth. further, I don't even like the idea of working at a school where the kids are LEGALLY obligated to go to and both THEY AND THEIR PARENTS are threatened with JAIL TIME if they don't. It kinda kills its for me..

essentially the public school system here is a tool of the military-industrial complex and the police state, and they leave kind-hearted and sincere educators such as myself very little opportunity to effect any kind of proactive change, in fact they want just the opposite, they just want us all to continue on as ever with the status quo.

LA schools in particular (from personal experience) have a tendency to use the courts/police/probation as a filter mechanism to get bad apple kids out of their hair rather than dealing with the problem in the first place. The kids only become billy bad ass criminals because the schools fail them continually since kindergarten, and in a fucked up cycle the school decides NOT to help these kids, rather they want to filter them out of the system to make it easier on themselves.. its fucked up to the core, and truthfully I want no part in it. BUT.. catholic/private/charter schools who are not part of this system of oppression are hard up for $$$ these days with few openings and extreme competition..

alas alas. (however I am very confident for the victory, I just am having to learn patience to achieve it)

thank you again for the kind reasoning and the empathy, I needed it today fe real! the weight of conscience has been fucking with me for weeks now, hence all my identity crises/culture shock/angstful threads..
you guys are the best.

peace and love,
habte selassie
(ps, just sent out two resume packets for Youth Ministers at local catholic schools, I hope to at least get an interview, these are my dream jobs and the only job in the world that I don't have to BS in the slightest to show my qualifications at the interview)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2009, 05:39 PM   #25
artsygrrl
the end of the ugly

artsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

finding a good career in america can be difficult.. sometimes I feel like I am not in fact a white, american male citizen well educated with two college degrees.. I work with nothing but pisas and undocumented workers, as I have for the past five years, and as it appears I will have to do forever and ever..
what ever happened to all the white privilege america is founded on? I-man can't even get a piece of the action.. (oh yeah, its because I despise that shit. I work with pisa because inevitably I am one)
what the land of the free? whoever told you that is yr enemy..

SuchFriends....I just read thru this rather quickly so maybe I'm missing something. Consider these factors:
What are your long-term goals (of course making a living #1)?
What are your strengths?
What would be the best direction to go in terms of channeling those strengths into a passionate career (not just a "job")?
You seem qualified and confident but discouraged because yr being led around in circles.
If I were as knowledgeable about a foreign country as you are, I would leave L.A. behind for sure.
I'm gonna reread through this thread again. But I hope I helped a bit.
artsygrrl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth