View Single Post
Old 09.10.2017, 09:19 AM   #3007
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
That analysis creates rather massive separation of powers problems, and I would argue that Congressional inaction in the face of Executive usurpation of Congressional powers does not create valid legal precedent; just as I agrued in my Korea thread, it creates a danger of an unconstitutional situation persisting to the point of it acquiring backhanded institutional status on its own, which I view as an intolerable situation. In Korea, as I pointed out, President Truman used UNSCRs 82 and 83 as his declaration of war in direct contravention, not only of the Constitution, but of Section 6 of the United Nations Participation Act of 1945, which constituted the last Congressional statement of fundamental policy which controlled (or should have controlled) that matter.

In any case, priority in enforcing against illegal immigrant labor should, as I've always advocated, be directed against the employers, as hitting the demand side would tend to take care if the supply side on its own. Further, illegal immigrant labor is only one of many means used by capital to undermine the wage value of American labor. alongside clearly excessive use of prison contract labor as well as abuse of the visa program for skilled workers and the offshoring of American industry.

Wow. Symbols is right. You are a dissembler.

I can't tell if you're deliberately obfuscating my point about the constitutionality of Daca, but you're factually wrong about it being unconstitutional. That's the deal. Period.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|