Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Confusion On Lee? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=5075)

lovesonicevol 08.12.2006 06:00 PM

Confusion On Lee?

1 Attachment(s)
I remeber not too long ago people on this forum saying Lee seems like he's in a rush when they met him. When I talked to him that wasnt the case at all. Steve was like that, actually. Besides Thurston, Lee talked the most and seemed the most involved. Maybe they take turns? Steve bolted for sure.

I look funny in this pic becuz someone in the background was making me laugh. I actually look average height in this pic.

Trasher02 08.12.2006 06:06 PM

sweet man.
lucky fuck.

Tokolosh 08.12.2006 06:20 PM

Nice photo. You guys look satisfied.
Isn't Death Valley the hottest place on earth?

lovesonicevol 08.12.2006 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Nice photo. You guys look satisfied.

As Ive heard. I dont actually live there..................Im just rather ashamed of my actual living location. Haha. Living in Death Valley would be insanity.

holy-reverb!! 08.12.2006 07:50 PM

at the toronto show on tues lee was the only one that came out and he was really nice. Not rushed at all. had a little chat with everyone, and thats only about 10 people who were there. I got my pic w/ him and he took a pic of me, and the other people who were there. This one of the things that make sy special.

lovesonicevol 08.12.2006 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holy-reverb!!
at the toronto show on tues lee was the only one that came out and he was really nice. Not rushed at all. had a little chat with everyone, and thats only about 10 people who were there. I got my pic w/ him and he took a pic of me, and the other people who were there. This one of the things that make sy special.

Yeah. Theyre actually the coolest people I have ever met. Cant say that about a lot of bands or any really. I loved Kim: so subtle and whispery kool. Thurston: hippest person ever. Lee: artistic nice person. Steve: shy nice guy. I love them.

ohfuchsia 08.12.2006 08:18 PM

when i met them, it was kim who seemed to be rushing off. so maybe they do take turns...

acousticrock87 08.12.2006 08:50 PM

Nice pic. When I met them, none of them seemed rushed. They were just all in conversations. I saw Steve but didn't get to meet him because he disappeared after 10 minutes.

Death Valley isn't the hottest place on earth, it's just very hot. It's the lowest place in the country/continent/world (one of those), though.

kingcoffee 08.12.2006 08:59 PM

Yr a lucky dude. I came so close to meeting Lee once. He was walking around the Avalon in '04 when I went to see them. He was just waltzing around the club with his digital camera taking photos of the Magik Markers and he came and stood right next to me. Like 2 feet away. I debated whether to introduce myself and possibly make an ass of myself or just stand there and not say anything to him and leave him be. I made the wrong decision by standing there like a goon and let a wonderful opportunity pass me by.

lovesonicevol 08.12.2006 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingcoffee
Yr a lucky dude. I came so close to meeting Lee once. He was walking around the Avalon in '04 when I went to see them. He was just waltzing around the club with his digital camera taking photos of the Magik Markers and he came and stood right next to me. Like 2 feet away. I debated whether to introduce myself and possibly make an ass of myself or just stand there and not say anything to him and leave him be. I made the wrong decision by standing there like a goon and let a wonderful opportunity pass me by.

Damn. Yeah he would have definitly talked to you.

Style 08.12.2006 10:11 PM

It was after the sacramento show that people said lee was rushed. A possible reason why was probably because they had to drive out to reno to play the next night.

Pax Americana 08.13.2006 12:07 AM

Lee was by far the most talkative and least hurried in Toronto. I didn't meet Steve. Kim was kinda cold (although she and Thurston were in a hurry to get in for soundcheck) and Thurston was real nice.

lisayoung 08.13.2006 01:55 AM

Steve is very nice person.

mushmanski57@hotmail.com 08.13.2006 01:57 AM

Lee was the only one I met at the Toronto show, but after the show he didn't seem rushed at all and he was awesome!

ZEROpumpkins 08.13.2006 04:25 AM

I had a brief brush with Lee at the Sydney show.

jon boy 08.13.2006 05:49 AM

lee is the only one i have no met. i would like to sit down in a cafe and have a chat about music over coffee with the little falla.

Cantankerous 08.13.2006 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh

no, i think that's somewhere in africa. i've been to death valley though. it's pretty fucking hot.

screamingskull 08.13.2006 03:11 PM

Lee looks so happy in that picture!!!, i can't comment though as ive never met any of them.

mushmanski57@hotmail.com 08.13.2006 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Me with Lee from Tuesday night in Toronto! To Pax, my friend is gonna send me more pics soon, this is the only one I have right now since he was in a rush.

Chris Lawrence 08.13.2006 07:36 PM

lee is superfuckingcool. you can thank him for a lot of the mustang gold.