Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.13.2014, 11:49 AM   #18121
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2014, 03:44 PM   #18122
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
Old 07.16.2014, 04:29 PM   #18123
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Boyhood 11/10
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2014, 05:20 PM   #18124
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Tim Burton's Batman and Jack Nicholson will ALWAYS be the Joker, period!

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2014, 02:30 PM   #18125
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses

hm.

pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2014, 03:03 PM   #18126
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony

hm.

that movie is great, but damn, i feel bad for the guy
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2014, 03:23 PM   #18127
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
i am still sad

pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2014, 04:07 PM   #18128
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2014, 04:11 PM   #18129
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony
i am still sad
you love the sad stuff though
Old 07.19.2014, 10:02 PM   #18130
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
The Grand Budapest Hotel. Pretty good.
Old 07.20.2014, 05:40 AM   #18131
Robert Schunk
children of satan

Robert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's asses
I have just now seen a 15-minute short entitled "The House in the Middile", produced in 1954 by the National Clean Up -- Fix Up -- Paint Up Bureau, with cooperation from the Federal Civil Defense Administration. The film documents tests conducted on the Nevada Test Site revealing the effects of nuclear weapons upon houses of different states of repair and tidiness. It definitely contains the ring of truth, as it advises people always to keep their houses freshly painted white (which reflects outwards the greatest possible amount of radiant electromagnetic energy, a fact observed by the Japanese authorities soon enough for them to have announced to their people, prior to 15 August, 1945 (the date of the Emperor's surrender speech) to wear white clothing due to the observed effects of the reflection of radiant electromagnetic energy by the white portions of printed clothing versus the absorption of such energy by the darker portions of such clothing, such that the printed patterns of the clothing were recreated in the burn patterns on the skins of the wearers, with the portions of the skin covered by white clothing remaining unscalded).

Yet, at the time (1954), no country on earth had delivery systems capable of dropping nuclear weapons upon the continental United States. Indeed, the launch of Sputnik I in 1957 was the first indication that any country had anything near such capability.

Now, mind you, I've nothing against keeping a tidy household, both inside and out (and the film does quite show the benefits of the such in the context of nuclear warfare), yet why was the film produced in 1954, when the US absolutely knew that noone but the US had the ability to deliver nuclear weapons upon other continents (via the B-29, B-50, and B-36 bombers)?

It seems to me the whole film was an exercise in making the American people dance whenever Uncle Sam plays the tune.

Robert Schunk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2014, 07:46 AM   #18132
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
Old 07.20.2014, 05:23 PM   #18133
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk

Yet, at the time (1954), no country on earth had delivery systems capable of dropping nuclear weapons upon the continental United States. Indeed, the launch of Sputnik I in 1957 was the first indication that any country had anything near such capability.

Was watching a documentary earlier this week about a mid-1950s NAVY program to design fighter and bomber jet engine sea-planes because duh, there were no nuclear air-craft carriers. Also talked about how the bombers could deliver nuclear bombs, duh, there were no long range missiles let alone nuclear submarines. Moral of the story, even though nuclear war was more likely to happen in the 1950s than after, the contemporary nuclear weaponry and technology is much much scarier

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2014, 10:18 PM   #18134
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
The girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

I liked it a LOT.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2014, 10:26 PM   #18135
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
The girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I liked it a LOT.

please say it was the original swedish version!

(i actually haven't seen the american one-- i'm just highly prejudiced)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty bunny
The Grand Budapest Hotel. Pretty good.

me too! it was awesome!

wes anderson is a very imaginative child.
Old 07.20.2014, 11:14 PM   #18136
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
no I loved the American version - but I'm a big David Fincher fan, so maybe I'm biased.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2014, 12:14 AM   #18137
the destroyed room

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses

this film was pretty much perfect.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2014, 11:04 AM   #18138
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
everyone worries about nuclear weapons but it is the thermonuclear weapons that are the real shit-storm.
Old 07.21.2014, 11:23 AM   #18139
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
Old 07.23.2014, 04:41 AM   #18140
Jim72
little trouble girl

Jim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's asses
Inland Empire or Snowpiercer, I can't remember in which order
Jim72 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
807857897904905906 907 908909910917 > »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth