Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.05.2013, 10:59 AM   #17281
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
watched these yesterday.

Taken 2 - 5/10 half of it was OK. Lotsa mindless killin'. Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople.

ExpendaBLES 2 - crap. high octane video game crap. mindless killin. 3/10

RXTT.net

My Comics

Rob Instigator is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2013, 11:00 AM   #17282
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, and re-watched this also

Liked it again. 9/10
Just like reading the old Avengers comic books. Ruffalo made a great Banner, very funny line delivery.

RXTT.net

My Comics

Old 07.05.2013, 01:57 PM   #17283
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

Dances With Wolves

One of the last great mainstream Hollywood Westerns, for me, before the likes of Jim Jarmusch and The Coen Brothers indied the fuck out of them.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2013, 02:17 PM   #17284
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Dead Man is amazing. No Country for Old Men is amazing as well. Unforgiven is amazing.

Dances with Wolves is BORING. I fucking wanted to fall asleep watching that stupid shit.

RXTT.net

My Comics

Old 07.05.2013, 03:16 PM   #17285
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I love Dead Man and No Country For Old Men and the True Grit remake and all the others mentioned. I just have a real soft spot for more traditional Westerns, too. But any Western would have to be really terrible for me not to like it at least a little bit.

Of the more recent indie westerns, my favourite is probably Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. Although, like No Country..., it's not really a Western in the traditional sense.
Old 07.05.2013, 03:26 PM   #17286
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I love Dead Man and No Country For Old Men and the True Grit remake and all the others mentioned. I just have a real soft spot for more straightforwardly square jawed Westerns, too. But any Western would have to be really terrible for me not to like it at least a little bit.

Of the more recent indie westerns, my favourite is probably Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. Although, like No Country ..., it's not really a Western in the traditional sense.

I too enjoy the films mentioned above.

Another western I really enjoy is, Open Range.

I think Robert Duval is brilliant in this film!

אש זרה

And John Cage isn't a "mondern noise artist." - atsonicpark

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2013, 03:36 PM   #17287
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I am one of the few of my circle that enjoys westerns,

when I was a kid I loved Silverado, not knowing hoe derivative it was.

Good Bad Ugly is on my top 3 of all time films.

I liked the True Grit remake a lot too.

As a kid (11-13 years old) I used to read a ton of Louis L'Amour books, which were cheap paperbacks at the time. I really enjoyed them as they were pure story.

RXTT.net

My Comics

Old 07.05.2013, 04:09 PM   #17288
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I too enjoy the films mentioned above.

Another western I really enjoy is, Open Range.

I think Robert Duval is brilliant in this film!

YESSS!!!!!! Spot On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I am one of the few of my circle that enjoys westerns,

when I was a kid I loved Silverado, not knowing hoe derivative it was.

Good Bad Ugly is on my top 3 of all time films.

I liked the True Grit remake a lot too.

As a kid (11-13 years old) I used to read a ton of Louis L'Amour books, which were cheap paperbacks at the time. I really enjoyed them as they were pure story.

I LOVE Louis L'Amour novels, and still read them. I'll probably end up one of those sad old men who spends his retirement visiting those 'Old West' theme-park towns like Enchanted Springs and Tombstone, watching mock shoot outs and collecting Wyatt Earp memorabilia.

Give it a few years, this'll be me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBWWCgtlNKU
Old 07.05.2013, 05:05 PM   #17289
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I don't know about 'best'. They're both up there, though. (Although for Ford I'd still take My Darling Clementine and Stagecoach over The Searchers.) Have you seen Shane, or Winchester '73? They'd also be strong contenders for me. And that's even before you get to the 60s and 70s 'revisionist' stuff like McCabe and Mrs Miller and Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid.
Old 07.05.2013, 05:18 PM   #17290
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I LOVE Louis L'Amour novels, and still read them.

Interestingly, they're not really that bad at all!

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2013, 05:28 PM   #17291
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
yea, he's not bad. Tom Clancy's good stuff too, though neither i think relate. read only; i think; maybe four Clancey novels but L'mour...at least 8 or 9.

on the flipside: i didn't see The Good, The Bad, etc, until i was 26. i know right?
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2013, 05:32 PM   #17292
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Louis L'Amour is obviously at the pulpier end of Western lit but, despite its lowly reputation, many of America's best and most respected writers like Cormac McCarthy, Larry McMurtry, Daniel Woodrell, Charles Portis, Elmore Leonard, Ron Hansen, have built at least part of their reputation writing 'cowboy books'.
Old 07.05.2013, 05:36 PM   #17293
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
Tom Clancy's good stuff too

I keep wanting to read something by him but there's so much of it I never know where to start.
Old 07.05.2013, 05:40 PM   #17294
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I keep wanting to read something by him but there's so much of it I never know where to start.

My guess, its not worth it. I think Clancy is like Stephen King, his books make for great films but suffer from terrible dialogue and narration so as to make them essentially unreadable.

Quote:
Louis L'Amour is obviously at the pulpier end of Western lit but...

Pulp is exactly what I was going to call it, but really, even some of the great "classics" started out as serials which are the origin of pulp fiction.

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
Old 07.05.2013, 06:14 PM   #17295
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Pulp is exactly what I was going to call it, but really, even some of the great "classics" started out as serials which are the origin of pulp fiction.

Yeah. I never meant it as an insult. If the likes of Raymond Chandler, Dashiel Hammett and Jim Thompson are 'pulp' then what on earth is 'literature'?
Old 07.05.2013, 07:42 PM   #17296
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

not quite sure because it's been years. though out of the three i did read was the sequel to Hunt for Red October. can't say it was good so just take Suchfriends advice.
Old 07.05.2013, 07:47 PM   #17297
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
can't say it was good so just take Suchfriends advice.

Old 07.05.2013, 07:50 PM   #17298
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

haha, you're charming Such. i bet you have a lot of lady friends.

really i now have the need to boobtube the reading rainbow theme song.
Old 07.05.2013, 11:19 PM   #17300
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

what are you saying? that i'm/you're a faggot that walks around with Alf in his pants sprouting Christo sucking booty stained ass smelling theatrics on the sun.set.strip?

GOD paLIIIIEESE!!!!!! . !!!
765815855862863864 865 866867868875915 > »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth