Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.20.2012, 05:06 AM   #16041
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Prometheus, and it was god damned incredible. I think I enjoyed it even more than the Avengers, or Cabin in the Woods (shhhh... don't tell Joss Whedon). See it in 3-D if you get the chance.

What's up with all the good movies coming out this year? Last year was like a ghost town for quality blockbusters, aside from Scream 4, of course.
hated the Avengers, maybe i just wasn't in the mood but the beginning made me fall asleep, then i left the theater. Cabin in the Woods was awesome though, i convinced my friends to watch it (due to your & NR's recommendations) and they had to thank me later!

Prometheus seems epic. it's definitely the next one i'm going to see.

Scream 4 was my fav movie of the past year, along with Drive & the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

like Murmer, the Dark Knight Rises is pretty much my most anticipated thing of all-time.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2012, 12:59 PM   #16042
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2012, 04:49 PM   #16043
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Will do,

Of the ones I've seen, my favourites are The Bitter Tears of Petra Von Kant and The Merchant of Four Seasons.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2012, 08:04 AM   #16044
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

Apocalypse Now

I find it almost impossible to have an opinion on this anymore. I wasn't watching it closely this time, just had it on in the background, only really concentrating when my favourite scenes turned up. I was thinking though how much it seemed like a Hollywoodised Werner Herzog film, especially Aguirre Wrath of God. It all seems obvious now and I'm sure most of you noticed it long ago but it's the first time I'd picked up on it. I'll be noticing similarities between Raiders of the Lost Ark and Romancing the Stone, next.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2012, 02:16 PM   #16045
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
abe lincoln vampire hunter, made me laugh

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2012, 07:04 PM   #16046
HenryHill51
little trouble girl

HenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Wow. I'd never even heard of this one. I'm a big Fassbinder fan, making it all the more weird. Definitely something I'd love to see.

Must spread more rep ... etc

Regarding "World On a Wire"... it was one of the "lost" Fassbinder films that aired on German TV in the 70's and was re-released last year at the New York Flm Festival. Can't wait to see it as practically everyone raves about it.
HenryHill51 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2012, 11:28 AM   #16047
evollove
expwy. to yr skull

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks to a bed-ridding virus and torrenting, I got caught up on some recent Hollywood droppings.

Project X- Sucked, sucked, sucked, sucked. Not one single laugh, not one single original thought, in the entire movie.

21 Jump Street- Actually co-written by the guy who wrote Project X. I read his script months ago and thought it sucked, so I was surprised at how much good fun this was. Sometimes extra writers and even studio imput can improve a script, it seems.

Prometheus- So confusing, but maybe because I watched a crappy cam version (which, by the way, still made the film look impressive. Kudos to the art department, cinematographer, special effects crew). I didn't get it at all. I mean, who was the dude at the beginning who crumbles to death? It just got more bewildering after that. And a woman scientist? Please!

Dictator- A few cheap laughs throughout and a brilliantly funny speech at the end. Cohen sure loves his toilet humor, which is fine, but I thought he was sharper than that. Maybe not. And maybe he's coming dangerously close to falling into the "over-rated" bin. I dunno. Could've been better, many would have made it a lot worse.

Jeff Who Still Lives at Home- I didn't realize this was one of those thoughtful, slightly meloncholy indie flicks. I thought I wasn't too invested in the proceedings until one of the characters ends up in a life-threatening situation and I found myself caring quite a lot. Better than SIGNS.

GOD BLESS AMERICA is still the best flick of 2012 that I've seen so far.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2012, 01:22 PM   #16048
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Turn Me On, Dammit!

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2012, 02:11 PM   #16049
ilduclo
the end of the ugly

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
date night with ms ild, we is going to Moonrise Kingdom......

ratings later
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2012, 02:16 AM   #16050
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Very fun, and creepy character study/thriller. David Hyde Pierce's performance is immaculate. I had no clue his acting chops were so sturdy. The writing does crumble a bit in the third act, however, which is a shame. But the buildup is strong, and even genuinely unnerving at times. A great "the less you know the better" type of film. Overall, I think it is most definitely worth a watch on Netflix, especially if you're as big of a Frasier fan as I am.

Old 06.30.2012, 02:48 PM   #16051
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Prometheus.

well, what can i say. Ridley Scott is a genius.
Old 06.30.2012, 05:22 PM   #16052
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

^

Really glad to hear that you enjoyed it.
Old 06.30.2012, 05:44 PM   #16053
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Prometheus- So confusing, but maybe because I watched a crappy cam version (which, by the way, still made the film look impressive. Kudos to the art department, cinematographer, special effects crew). I didn't get it at all. I mean, who was the dude at the beginning who crumbles to death? It just got more bewildering after that. And a woman scientist? Please!

that dude in the beginning was prometheus the titan, he destroyed himself to eventually create humans and that is why the other guys want to destroy the humans. essentially that aspect of the plot is ridley scott's take on the greek myth regarding prometheus and the creation of man.

Old 07.01.2012, 05:48 AM   #16054
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2012, 10:25 AM   #16055
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses

I love Jackie chan.

EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2012, 02:18 PM   #16056
dale_gribble
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost

I love Jackie chan.

soo yung! btw the fist one is clearly better

Old 07.01.2012, 05:23 PM   #16057
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Before tonight I hadn't watched this since it first came out on video (1995ish?).
I was surprised how much I liked it.

Earlier I went to see this at the cinema:

Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2012, 06:05 PM   #16058
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic sphere

one of the best...
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2012, 09:14 AM   #16059
louder
invito al cielo

Old 07.06.2012, 09:25 AM   #16060
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I watch that one movie, with that one dood from that movie Driver or somethin', where his gf is a doll....

It was pretty boring.

EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
703753793800801802 803 804805806813853903 > »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth