Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.01.2012, 04:08 PM   #15501
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2012, 09:54 AM   #15502
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Bad Timing is such a weird and wonderful film. In general Nicholas Roeg is a strange director.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2012, 02:54 PM   #15503
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses

Shot in black and white, a story of a group of homeless living in the dark recesses of the New York subway. Add music by DJ Shadow and UNKLE, I was loving it before I even pressed play.

&

Maybe I'm a sucker for soothing and "boring" films that don't really go anywhere, but I loved both of these Kelly Reichardt films, I guess as more and more people become accustomed to meaningless tripe that Hollywood markets to them, there lies the lost art of making a film about nothing particular, just chemistry between actors and meaningful dialogue exchanges.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2012, 03:38 PM   #15504
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
cool post demonrail. In fact, I've been meaning to dig into some of howard hawks' films... I'm not familiar with his work unfortunately. I'm definitely drawn to film in general from the 40s, 50s, 60s and so on. some that I'm a fan of are Billy Wilder, Ed Wood, Hitchock, Lumet... hawks particularly caught my attention when I heard somewhere that jean luc godard considered hawks to be one of his inspirations. I found that strange for some reason. As for scientists and aliens in the 50s... a lot of those films wouldn't be made today without the perpetual explosions and effects in the way of them. I'll look into some of those films you posted.

if you get into hawks make sure to check out rio lobo, everybody seems to think that movie sucks but i really liked it
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2012, 06:10 AM   #15505
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Rio Lobo is one I've not seen. I've tended to put Hawks' Westerns to one side (despite really liking Rio Bravo) because I tend to think his style never really fit with the genre. It has a quite jazzy snap to it (especially his comedies) that seems to work better in more urbane, sophisticated settings, rather than the more romantic, rough and ready rural setting of the Western - although that can't be said of a film like Only Angels Have Wings (a sort of Western with airplanes) which may well be my favourite Hawks film of them all. I'll definitely put Rio Lobo on my 'to see' list.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2012, 06:33 AM   #15506
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Black Swan. It was kind of whatever. Much preferred The Wrestler.
ann ashtray is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2012, 01:43 PM   #15507
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses

One of the best foreign films of the early 2000's. Chan-Wook Park delivers a flawless, bloody, and deranged piece of Asian cinema.
Old 02.04.2012, 03:46 PM   #15508
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses

Old 02.04.2012, 04:29 PM   #15509
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostchase

Shot in black and white, a story of a group of homeless living in the dark recesses of the New York subway. Add music by DJ Shadow and UNKLE, I was loving it before I even pressed play.

&

Maybe I'm a sucker for soothing and "boring" films that don't really go anywhere, but I loved both of these Kelly Reichardt films, I guess as more and more people become accustomed to meaningless tripe that Hollywood markets to them, there lies the lost art of making a film about nothing particular, just chemistry between actors and meaningful dialogue exchanges.

all three of those look really interesting. i will check them out.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2012, 05:18 PM   #15510
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Old 02.04.2012, 05:19 PM   #15511
Ghostchase
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
all three of those look really interesting. i will check them out.

You won't be let down. All three on Netflix too.
Old 02.04.2012, 05:56 PM   #15512
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death

That traumatised the fuck out of me when I saw it as a kid.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2012, 04:06 AM   #15513
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
That traumatised the fuck out of me when I saw it as a kid.
Super grim stuff.

I'm watching this right now, and I am enjoying it so far.

Old 02.05.2012, 10:42 AM   #15514
evollove
expwy. to yr skull

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
If I was gonna start exploring his work, I'd start with Bringing Up Baby, His Girl Friday, Rio Bravo and Only Angels Have Wings.

Bringing AND His Girl is redundant. Either one will do. Add BIG SLEEP. Chandler source, Bogie and Becal, script by Faulkner and Lynn Bracket, and an important noir film in general.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2012, 01:00 PM   #15515
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses

a truly horrendous film!
stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2012, 03:17 PM   #15516
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses

Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2012, 08:13 PM   #15517
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses

both 9/10
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2012, 01:04 AM   #15518
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
watched Last House on Dead End Street.... brutal, difficult to watch ( I have a soft stomach... I could barely handle the scene with the woman tied to the bed at the end..), ultimately deranged. Not my kind of film, really. However, I was able to appreciate it as a horror film and I think it accomplished what it was going for. Watkins apparently directed it as well... which wasn't known until decades after it was released from what I hear. I guess most seem to dislike the film too... which is reasonable. As a whole it's sort of average... has it's dull moments that kind of drag. Just a genuinely creepy, fucked up, mean spirited, unsettling film! not sure if I'll be rewatching it anytime soon...
Old 02.07.2012, 01:10 AM   #15519
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Decent. Just as good as I thought it would be. I knew what I was getting myself into... 50s black and white science fiction with flying saucers, alien life, scientists and so on. You either enjoy it or you don't. 7/10... I'll check out more of hawk's work.
Old 02.07.2012, 03:53 AM   #15520
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses

676726766773774775 776 777778779786826876 > »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth