Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.24.2011, 08:17 AM   #15081
Bertrand
the end of the ugly

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Deep End, as being re-released, at least in Paris - always remarkable
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2011, 08:21 AM   #15082
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2011, 12:54 PM   #15083
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
saw Friends With Benefits yesterday 7/10. could have ended sooner, Woody Harrelson as usual was fantastic.

saw Secretariat over the weekend. great film if you can deal with the cookie cutter Walt Disney formula of just the right amount of laughs and tears.

and a 10/10 imo

Old 07.26.2011, 01:15 AM   #15084
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Gus Van Sant's Last Days

Paranoid Park

Loved em both

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2011, 08:21 PM   #15085
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
going to watch the king of comedy soon. It looks like something I'd enjoy. and.. as embarassing as it is to admit, something i can relate to.

Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2011, 11:04 PM   #15086
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
^ Fuck yeah. Murmur you have awesome tastes. KING OF COMEDY rules. Did I ever respond to you on youtube? I was moving shit for a few weeks and can't remember if I ever got back to you re: NO REASON TO EXIST...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2011, 11:45 PM   #15087
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
no. I sent you an email and you gave me tons of links though.. I recently received "Currently Untitled" in the mail which is fantastic!

saw The Godfather...great film. Possibly the best group of actors ever. The baptism scene towards the end was powerful. It isn't really a film I'd watch a hundred times though. I've already explained why on the last page i think. But it accomplished it's goal. There were PLENTY of distractions while i was watching so I'll have to give it another watch.

Old 07.28.2011, 12:27 AM   #15088
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
oh sorry murmur. yeah THE NO TRILOGY DVD is oop. i think all my movies are oop. the highest quality version of all my stuff is at archive.org though if you want it. thanks for getting currently untitled!!!

Old 07.28.2011, 11:24 AM   #15089
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
King of Comedy with Deniro, Berhardt and Lewis is 10/10.
Old 07.28.2011, 09:34 PM   #15090
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

^ def 10/10

Old 07.28.2011, 10:31 PM   #15091
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
oh sorry murmur. yeah THE NO TRILOGY DVD is oop. i think all my movies are oop. the highest quality version of all my stuff is at archive.org though if you want it. thanks for getting currently untitled!!!

absolutely.. i think it's one of the best things i have EVER seen. I truly mean that. I'll look for your other stuff on that site too.

just finished watching King of Comedy a few minutes ago and I'd agree with the 10/10 rating. It didn't disappoint. De Niro actually amazed me in this.

and the film overall just surprised me as it was a lot different from the previous scorsese films i watched. I'm still wondering if the ending was part of Rupert's imagination or not. Can't believe it took me so long to watch it.

Old 07.29.2011, 01:40 AM   #15092
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
absolutely.. i think it's one of the best things i have EVER seen. I truly mean that. I'll look for your other stuff on that site too..

Wow, man, that means so much to me. People seem to either love it or hate my stuff, which is fine, but I am very fortunate for the people like you who really get it. If you ever have any questions or whatever, lemme know.

And feel free to burn for friends and whatnot, I don't care to share all of my shit for free, I just want it out there.

msg me on youtube again and i'll reply this time, I don't think i knew who you were last time so I didn't respond immediately.

take care and thanks again!!@

if you liked CURRENTLY UNTITLED, you'll likely enjoy all my films really. none of em are as polished as CU... I'd say the rest are a bit weirder, creepier, gloomier, and harder to watch. But eh. You'll probably like em.

Old 07.29.2011, 04:32 AM   #15093
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
absolutely.. i think it's one of the best things i have EVER seen. I truly mean that.

-_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_- -_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_- -_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_- -_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_- -_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_- -_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_- -_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_- -_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_-

Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2011, 07:41 AM   #15094
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
just watched winterbottom's "welcome to sarvejao" pretty raw movie totally dug it

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2011, 07:42 AM   #15095
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
Paranoid Park

One of my all time favourites
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2011, 03:03 PM   #15096
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

Jumping in in the middle please let me know if I can view this Currently Untitled?
Old 07.29.2011, 04:19 PM   #15097
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
True Grit (good film but was really boring at times for me. - spoiler alert - I also hate how they spend the entire film looking for someone who dies in a matter of seconds in the end. But apparently they were staying true to the novel. Didn't feel like a Coen Brothers film actually. Didn't have the strange dialogue I'm used to (not that i was really expecting it for this one anyways) but it was decent overall).

A Clockwork Orange
Glen or Glenda?

The best part of either True Grit is easily when they have the conversation with the bear guy. That part is amazing, and all Coen's from what I understand, doesn't exist in the novel at all. Only part of the movie that entertained me really.

Kind of a longwinded extremely heavy handed tale of apathy. If you want to see a young (and EXTREMELY obnoxious along with some pretty bad acting) Martin Sheen playing a hood, or a equally young good ol' boy Beau Bridges, or if you want to see a young-er Ed McMahon where he doesn't yell 'YES!' then this is your picture. Decent picture, Martin and Tony are pretty hard to take as hoods, they're way too goofy. But fun anyways.

Tried to watch Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance a week or two back on Netflix, said they weren't streaming it at the moment, fuckers.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2011, 04:56 PM   #15098
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Glen or Glenda?

I really respect Ed Wood, and what he was all about - and I find his life (or at least the little I know of it) to be pretty damn inspiring as well. To me, he's most interesting as a filmmaker in spirit, and in his sheer eagerness to get his work out there.

My biggest problem with the majority of his films is the pacing. My god, is it awful - cult classics or not - I have trouble sitting through even the most infamous of his works. To me, he's kinda like Nick Zedd in that aspect; I can respect what he does, but I don't necessarily like it.

Glen or Glenda on the other hand... I really liked that film. Nothing too amazing, but just weird enough to keep me entertained on a rainy night. I'm still not sure if I could necessarily recommend it though.

Old 07.29.2011, 07:31 PM   #15099
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

I'd agree that Eraserhead is by far Lynch's best. In fact, it's in my top 5 of all-time for sure. After that, I'd have to go with his short, 'The Grandmother'... then probably Wild at Heart.

ASP mentioned on here a few times that he thought of Lynch moreso as a good introduction to experimental film... but wasn't exactly one of his personal favorites overall (I hope I'm not misquoting him). I think I agree with that. Lynch is really, really good (when he wants to be), but there's much crazier flicks out there with just as strong a sense of beauty as any of his works (which I'm positive you know of, yet still prefer Lynch - to each his own). I'm actually really sad that he didn't get to direct Return of the Jedi though.

Old 07.29.2011, 08:39 PM   #15100
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses

Good and well executed, but I'm not sure if it was as great as all the hype makes it out to be.
655705745752753754 755 756757758765805855 > »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth