Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.11.2010, 08:43 AM   #11841
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I feel like Wes ANderson is best if yr young and hopeful (and quirky) .Each year you grow up 365 days more and his films are less relateable.

Never heard of Reg Sex Offender. But that Nurse shirt rules.

I turn 38 this year and I love all wes anderson's films. they contain more truth than most anyone else out there young director today.
Old 08.11.2010, 08:46 AM   #11842
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Dad: you're grown me, you don't need permission to build bunkbeds.
Them: so..................?
Dad: I don't give a fuck!
Them: so..................?

hahahahaha

you could do that all day and i would laugh out loud all day but it might catch the attention of the boss lady

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 08:50 AM   #11843
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I didn't care for Talladega much. The part about Jesus being a baby was great, but for the most part...

Anchorman was awesome though.

what makes it so funny is this

ok his wife is exactly the steriotypical hick chick money grubber.....the kids are true as they come white trash.....john c is wearing the same outfit my dad basically does it points out all of the things i have been thinking all these years about the people in my community. I love everyone and to each his own.........but you honestly dont know how many people here are REALLY like that its fuckin hillarious

guess you have to grow up in Callahan to understand

Old 08.11.2010, 08:52 AM   #11844
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Old School! Damn, how'd I forget that? I love Old School. I love Frank The Tank.

one of his best

they are supposed to be stupid thats his appeal

Old 08.11.2010, 09:21 AM   #11845
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

I really liked it. Lots of great gore and scary situations. It was a bit different than the horror movies have been. I jumped alot. I did not like the ending. It was too over the top.

I did notice a ton of political references and references to society. You have the fear of our own government poisoning us and lying to us. You have the soldier who doesnt know what the fuck is goin on. He just knows what he was commamded to do. The classic struggle of a soldier and how he has been viewed since the 60's. Then you pull in the fear of the country and rural areas which is really intriging for me for obvious reasons. Lots of movies play up on this lately. Are city people really scared of the country??? have we moved that far from our natural state that we are frightened by nature? The hunters gone gun crazy and hunting thier neighbors obviously this ties in with the current Pro gun discussions and fears that arise from those who oppose guns. Its like thier worst nightmare come true. Thats just what I noyiced

Old 08.11.2010, 09:39 AM   #11846
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
SG -- now see the original and tell me which is better.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 09:47 AM   #11847
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

OK i will rent it. I was curious anyway. Typically the originals are better, but the gore man it was so gnarly. I actually cringed up in my covers

Old 08.11.2010, 09:48 AM   #11848
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
hahaha dig. I just feel too many remakes are nothing but less story, extra gore now.
Old 08.11.2010, 09:52 AM   #11849
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

i havent seen the old one but does it have any kind of references to the 70's in it? Horror movies seem to mask peoples fears of the time behind blood and monsters.

Old 08.11.2010, 09:55 AM   #11850
noisereductions
invito al cielo

yr quite right... horror films tend to be a reflection of our shared societal fears.

Romero was always into rather overt socio-commentary with his films. For instance the obvious consumeris (we are all stupid consuming zombies in a mall) in Dawn Of The Dead.

and again, look at the piece of shit remake.
Old 08.11.2010, 09:57 AM   #11851
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Oh yeah thats a good one to point out. I have only seen the remake of that too Did not sit well with me for some reason. I only watched it once never really had a desire to watch it again. It is most definitly a play on consumerism though.

Old 08.11.2010, 10:01 AM   #11852
noisereductions
invito al cielo

the original is much better. Trust me on that one.
Old 08.11.2010, 10:46 AM   #11853
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I hate the remake. The original is a 10/10.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 11:17 AM   #11854
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I hated the remake as well. I didn't like ANYTHNG about it. The original is um... 8/10.
Old 08.11.2010, 11:21 AM   #11855
viewtiful alan redux
the destroyed room

viewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's asses
How do we feel about this syg?:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1242432/

I for one am opposed
Old 08.11.2010, 11:22 AM   #11856
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I bet it's nothing like the original...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 11:23 AM   #11857
noisereductions
invito al cielo

OMG why??? Sigh. No it's not going to be close. The original is ... wow.
Old 08.11.2010, 11:31 AM   #11858
viewtiful alan redux
the destroyed room

viewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's asses
I mean the sheer concept of remaking it is ridiculous. Its probably just going to imitate and add nothing to the original concept.
You'll have a bunch of cinematically ignorant teens who think they've found thte sickest movie ever, and in fact be experiencing a much weaker version of a fucked up classic... I odn't know I just don't likke this idea.
Old 08.11.2010, 11:32 AM   #11859
noisereductions
invito al cielo

it makes no sense. The original has like 40 mins of rape. I dno't see how they could even TRY to do that now.
Old 08.11.2010, 11:33 AM   #11860
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Another movie about city people being afraid of the country

493543583590591592 593 5945955966036436931093 > »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth