Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.25.2009, 08:20 AM   #7841
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
What's the Baxter? Is that different than a movie just called "Baxter"? Because I saw a movie a long time ago called Baxter about a killer nazi dog or some shit.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2009, 08:22 AM   #7842
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
no, no. The Baxter. Written by and starring Michael Showalter. It's actually the most subtle I've ever seen him.

Also Elizabeth Banks, Justin Theroux (sp?) and um... Jen from Dawson's Creek.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2009, 08:27 AM   #7843
godsfavoritedog
bad moon rising

godsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Yes! I told you! I'm spearheading the initiative to get ppl to actually watch it and realize that it's f'ing awesome.

I tried to tell a guy at work about it yesterday and he just looked at me and said "what the fuck is wrong with you?" ... pearls before swine, I tell you.

"don't worry about that," says the angel,
"soon she'll be stinking in bed with a brainless dick."
godsfavoritedog is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2009, 08:46 AM   #7844
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I have this theory that ppl just want to not like it. "Oh I HEARD it's the worst movie EVER! Lindsay did COKE! OMG!"
Old 08.25.2009, 08:48 AM   #7845
noisereductions
invito al cielo

If I ever start another band, I'm calling it Dakota Moss.
Old 08.25.2009, 08:50 AM   #7846
noisereductions
invito al cielo

from wiki:

Despite this the film did garner a few positive reviews. Fangoria praises the film's imaginative use of colour: "the director and his visual team bathe the film in deep blues and reds, a welcome departure from the dirty green, sodium-lit palette of similarly themed horror fare, and the end result is simply a beautiful, eye-popping visual treat, so stylized that one can’t help recalling Argento’s approach to Suspiria."[10] The Radio Times also alluded to the director "recalling the style of Dario Argento" in a "twisty, perversely fascinating psycho thriller."[11] Horror movie website Bloody Disgusting gave the film a glowing review and suggested that "Lohan's continual issues with drugs/alcohol/DUI’s/rehab/on-set bitchiness" were part of a "whirlwind of media frenzy" which was unnecessary and "irrelevant to the movie". The film itself was "a more-than-pleasant surprise, well-filmed, well-acted, especially by Lohan herself, and a surprisingly intriguing and gruesome little thriller."[12] And according to "The Movie Boy": "Lohan's stripteases and pole-swinging theatrics at the gentleman's club are notable for being genuinely steamy, sleekly shot and choreographed".[13]

and

Chris Sivertson is a filmmaker best known as the director of the 2007 horror film I Know Who Killed Me, starring Lindsay Lohan. The film was not well-received by critics[1] and it won several Golden Raspberry Awards.[2] However, the film subsequently developed a cult following, with screenings at the Los Angeles Silent Movie Theater and the NuArt, and has been favorably compared by Boston Globe critic Ty Burr to Brian de Palma's Sisters and Body Double as well as the works of David Lynch.[3] Other films Sivertson has written and produced include The Lost (2005, also director), based on the popular novel by Jack Ketchum, and Wicked Lake (2008).
Old 08.25.2009, 09:08 AM   #7847
godsfavoritedog
bad moon rising

godsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's asses
"a more-than-pleasant surprise, well-filmed, well-acted, especially by Lohan herself, and a surprisingly intriguing and gruesome little thriller."

LOL, I dont know about "well-acted" ... a lot of the actors were brutal, especially the boyfriend and the strip club manager. But Lindsay was great, the music kicked ass, and some of the visuals were amazing. I'd much rather watch something like this than District 9 or whatever other crap the sheep are raving about this week.

"don't worry about that," says the angel,
"soon she'll be stinking in bed with a brainless dick."
godsfavoritedog is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2009, 09:12 AM   #7848
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Word.

I should've been casted in the boyfriend role. ha.
Old 08.25.2009, 02:48 PM   #7849
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses

7/10 for the plot, 9.5/10 for the nudity
Old 08.25.2009, 03:18 PM   #7850
TheFoxBen
expwy. to yr skull

TheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's asses

7/10.

TheFoxBen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2009, 03:19 PM   #7851
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFoxBen

7/10.

that's about right. I actually think I like it more than the first. Maybe.
Old 08.25.2009, 03:20 PM   #7852
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
9.5/10 for the nudity

YES. that girl is amazing. pretty sure i just watched the first 30 mins on netflix then turned it off

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2009, 05:28 PM   #7853
TheFoxBen
expwy. to yr skull

TheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's asses
I just watched this on television

7/10. I don't know why I watched this, maybe wanted to see a good old French movie but it was quite good, sometimes funny and unpredictable, a good moment. It was pretty weird since it's a sequel and I haven't seen the first one but I'm planning to watch it.

TheFoxBen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2009, 05:32 PM   #7854
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
YES. that girl is amazing. pretty sure i just watched the first 30 mins on netflix then turned it off

If you can sit through the whole movie, you can see a bit more of her...

Notice to latecomers who see a little red "X": The movie is Lifeforce.
Old 08.25.2009, 07:30 PM   #7855
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I love Lifeforce.

That naked chick is hot... as is the Patrick Stewart made out of nosebleed blood..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2009, 07:32 PM   #7856
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses

9/10

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2009, 07:45 AM   #7857
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
undubbed:

6/10

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2009, 07:16 PM   #7858
tw2113
100%

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Laurel Canyon

planned after that:

Batteries Not Included
Old 08.26.2009, 10:58 PM   #7859
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2009, 10:59 PM   #7860
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
343383390391392 393 394395396403443493893 > »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth