Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.15.2009, 06:23 AM   #6921
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Didn't care for Wassup Rockers at all. Don't really like Larry Clark though. (Bully's decent)

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2009, 07:00 AM   #6922
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
thank you for smoking

decent
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2009, 07:02 AM   #6923
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe11121
Is it good? I've heard it is, but I've never seen it

are you for realzzzz?
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2009, 07:02 AM   #6924
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Pulp Fiction's pretty cool, yeah. The only Tarantino I love is his remake of City on Fire.

haha.
Old 06.15.2009, 07:17 AM   #6925
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
  • Just before the robbers in City on Fire rob a jewelery store, one of them says "Let's go to work".
  • The relationship between Chow (the undercover cop) and Fu (the gangster) is mirrored by that of Orange and White. [there is also a similar relationship with Chow and his supervisor/Mr. Orange and Holdaway]
  • One of the gang members kills a shop girl in the jewelery shop for setting off the alarm. [not shown in RD, but it is talked about]
  • There is a scene where Chow is shot by a cop and kills him (Orange is shot by a woman and kills her) while Fu is shooting cops in a car by shooting at them with two guns, when they must try and escape after their getaway car crashes.
  • In the warehouse there is a Mexican standoff.
  • A dying Chow tells Fu that he is a cop.
  • [In Tarantino's original script, there was a scene similar to the one in COF where Chow talks to his superior and wants off the case becuase he's in too deep involving Mr. Orange/Freddy. The scene was filmed but not put in the finished movie.]
  • [During the jewelery store robbery in COF, Danny Lee stabs the manager in the hand when he won't open the safe. In RD, Mr. White relates a similar way he gets managers to talk.]
...Reservoir Dogs is basically the last 30 minutes of City on Fire, stretched out, with some clever dialogue thrown in.

The suits are lifted from A Better Tomorrow II...

Tarantino has publicly acknowledged the influence of John Woo, but has casually left out the contributions of Ringo Lam. As a matter of fact, when the "homage" was exposed by Mike White's "Who Do You Think You're Fooling," MTV quoted Tarantino as saying, "He's dying to see the Hong Kong original".

I say he watched it on the playback monitor of the set of "Reservoir Dogs." But like any thief, Tarantino changes his story often:
"I loved CITY ON FIRE, I got the poster framed in my house, so it's a great movie." - Quentin Tarantino, Film Threat, Issue 18, pg. 23.
"I've got the poster right here. That's Danny Lee. Ringo Lam is like my second, after Jackie Chan, third favorite of all the Hong Kong directors." - Quentin Tarantino,The Village Voice 10/25/94 No. 43, pg. 31.

I just love how at first he said he'd never seen the film but now, Ringo Lam gets part of the writing credits now after the word "lawsuit" was brought up.... well... At least Tarantino likes good directors.. John Woo, DePalma, Scorcese, Johnny To, Takeshi Kitano, etc. But hell, Eli Roth has good tastes in movies and his films suck too.

Old 06.15.2009, 07:33 AM   #6926
Shifty Prophet
100%

Shifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's asses

Shifty Prophet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2009, 07:54 AM   #6927
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I'm currently downloading every episode of the power rangers...

Old 06.15.2009, 08:02 AM   #6928
Shifty Prophet
100%

Shifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's asses
Good show
Old 06.15.2009, 08:12 AM   #6929
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Adam, remember the Power Rangers fighting game? Forget the title. But y'know, the obligatory SF2 ripoff one? It was kind of fun.
Old 06.15.2009, 08:20 AM   #6930
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses

Goddammit, she was fine.
Old 06.15.2009, 08:51 AM   #6931
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by automatic bzooty
pulp fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe11121
Is it good? I've heard it is, but I've never seen it

fuck that makes me feel old, you saying that.^^
Old 06.15.2009, 09:07 AM   #6932
noisereductions
invito al cielo

right? Still one of my favorite movies of all time.
Old 06.15.2009, 09:20 AM   #6933
Shifty Prophet
100%

seconded.^^
Old 06.15.2009, 11:03 AM   #6934
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Didn't care for Wassup Rockers at all. Don't really like Larry Clark though. (Bully's decent)
It just reminded me of so many kids I know and used to hang out with. It was very realistically cast.
It had a lot of sentimental value for me which may have helped.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2009, 11:43 PM   #6935
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'm currently downloading every episode of the power rangers...

Did you know she's dead now?

Car accident in 2001, I think. I only found out about it recently.
Old 06.15.2009, 11:44 PM   #6936
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
WHAT
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2009, 11:45 PM   #6937
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Yeah I know she's dead. Sad.

Old 06.15.2009, 11:47 PM   #6938
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quick question, for anyone familiar with torrents/dvd burning:

I'm downloading this power rangers torrent:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3529..._Power_Rangers

on my friend's computer. He's going to burn it and season 2 and 3 for me. All together, that's

145 episodes.

22 minutes each.

How many discs, roughly, would that take to burn all that? I'm guessing I might be able to fit 8 episodes per disc. Note the discs won't be double sided. They're 4.7gb and they say "120 minutes" on it though he's burned plenty of non-double sized/dual layered/whatever discs with no problem that were longer than 120 minutes...

Old 06.16.2009, 12:15 AM   #6939
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses

el día de la bestia
OOOo

funny and fun but not that consistent and the argument is ver flawed; still i would rewatch it.

wayne's world
OOOOO

one of my favorite movies ever.

el orfanato
OOO

was trying to figure out which movies they were trying to rip off the whole time, but it's ok. definitely not a horror and avoid it if your reference for it is guillermo del toro.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 03:29 AM   #6940
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Some stuff I've watched in the past 3 days:

one take only - 5/10

quick change - 7/10

schizopolis - 8/10

zero day - 6/10

297337344345346 347 348349350357397447847 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth