Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Polka Lips' Polka Gostilna!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.07.2017, 08:37 PM   #1
PLips
100%

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
Zdravo Drugi in Drugarice!!
Greetings Gentleman and Ladies!!

Polka Lips' Polka Gostilna je otvoreno za sluzbeno!!!
PLIPS Polka Tavern is open for business!!!

I know what you're thinking: you've heard about Slovenski Polka and it's dank as hairy asssweat and sounds like dick fart

Well let me tell you something: Slovenski Polka je najbolje svet! Best in the world. Totally Full Cool!!!

I'll start you off with Turbo Polka's UltraMega band: Atomik Harmonik!!

Ne probaj raztrgat svoj klobasa ker tista punce je zelo vroca!!
Try not to rip your sausage because these chickies are very hot!!

Polkaholik:
https://youtu.be/PR17_KIFJJ4

Chokolada:
https://youtu.be/j-Uburqc-PQ
PLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2017, 09:12 PM   #2
pepper_green
expwy. to yr skull

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
too techno disco. not enough Oom papa Oom papa Oom.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2017, 09:19 PM   #3
pepper_green
expwy. to yr skull

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
why is there a direct correlation between this stuff and hey Macarena, im a Barbie girl and that Korean shit that everyone likes. is it a music business that has actual sells and has fans.

im just asking. what's the percentage of people that like this. where they get their money from and who's investing in it. so weird. it's like some dead zone in the world of pop music. everyone ignores these questions because it's so avoidable cause it's not even pop music. it's like candy that you saw when you were 12 then at 37 yr like "they still make this?, my kid doesn't even eat this".

man, im really bored tonight. not taking it serious. just asking.
Old 01.07.2017, 09:29 PM   #4
pepper_green
expwy. to yr skull

America gets a lot of flack from other countries about our music taste. but goddamn!! the shit I hear from Europe and Asia would make any American barf a lung.
Old 01.07.2017, 10:18 PM   #5
PLips
100%

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
It's called innocence. Get with it.
Old 01.08.2017, 05:48 PM   #6
PLips
100%

I actually had a chance to see Atomik Harmonik play at a Slovenian Picnic in Niagara but I had serious obligations so after I finished singing with Pevski Zbor the men's choir I went home. Sucked. My brother said it was awesome.

Here's my Slovenian astrological twin's older brother as Kavboj Joe (cowboy joe). His family lived around the country block from us and he loved slovenia so much he moved back and joined the polka band Igor in Zlati Zvok (golden voice).

His Canadian accent worked perfect for a schtick as a Slovenian Cowboy.

https://youtu.be/NvZzAFCFVAM
Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM   #7
PLips
100%

Zivio Prijatlji!!

These two songs are by Ansambel Hencek iz Bela Krajine (White Carniola) the same region my parents (Rodbina) are from. Hencek came to our house for a visit to Niagara and I was totally listening to their album 'Soda' all the time but I got so much stage fright I hid in the basement when they were over, sigh... just like Atomik Harmonik.

Da Didl Boogie Woogie is the first song, a classic polka rock chart topper in Bela Krajina!

The second song is 'Niagara Cvicek Falls'. Cvicek is a sweet black wine from the Dolenska Region (correct me if I'm wrong) and an imagery of the Niagara River being made out of Wine and inviting the kids on a picnic at some of out local Slovenian Clubs!

There's an old Saying in Slovenian my Ati (Old Father) had on a chochki in our basement:

"Bog zivi gospodarje, ki daje pit, brez denarje"
God lives in the host, when they give drink without (asking for) money

Najlepse prav! Most beautifully right!
https://youtu.be/kn1C0mRyaa8

https://youtu.be/uOqzfcGABhU

All content 2006 Sonic Youth