Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Post your Unpopular Opinions here
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.30.2013, 09:38 AM   #41
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Tarantino: I couldn't even get into Pulp Fiction either to be honest. It had its entertaining moments, but it was mostly superficial and desperately emulative junk. Those are just my thoughts on it

And that's not to say I have anything against resembling other artists. However, when I watch his films, he seems like someone who gets carried away with his inspirations to the point where he lacks depth or a distinguishing factor. It comes off as a rehash of things rather than something that was merely inspired by other films or whatever. Hopefully you know what I mean..

yes i do and i agree with much of it but there is something to be said for metaphors made out of metaphors and completely artificial worlds instead of the customary and expected attempts at realism we always get from film.

i think he succeeded in pulp fiction when it came out. i don't know that the movie would work so well today because it's been so imitated, it's become such a common trope, that its original impact is very hard to perceive.

for me it came some 45 minutes into the movie i was siting in that theatre, nervous as shit with everything that was going on-- gangsters, junkies, violence, blood-- when mia makes that very stupid joke about ketchup. and then i realized-- it's all ketchup, it's all stage blood, it's all a movie. and i couldn't stop laughing after that. the violence, the horror, the atrocity--it had all become a big joke. because it's what it was. it wasn't a documentary. it was just images, made out of other images, to entertain us. and that was great.

but tarantino has the emotional capacity of a 12 year old and fucked it up afterwards.

okay i have to go to the market now but more later

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2013, 09:46 AM   #42
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
I look forward to it (non-sarcasm).

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2013, 12:53 PM   #43
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I must admit I have some prejudice towards Gypsies.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2013, 06:38 PM   #44
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i agree with most of this but why should you be miserable without a god or an "immortal soul"? do you miss them, or something?

(it seems to me that your premises are correct but your conclusions are all wrong.)

i do not miss that shit. it's never done me any favours.

to paraphrase john gray "happiness is a fiction i can do without."
dead_battery is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2013, 06:43 PM   #45
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
i do not miss that shit. it's never done me any favours.

so why not find pleasure in their absence? it's a huge freedom (and life is short).

Quote:
to paraphrase john gray "happiness is a fiction i can do without."

who's that? regardless-- with a name like "gray" i feel one has no chance for happiness. less gray, more ru paul!

but happiness-- i don't know about definitions of that shit. why even construct such a fiction. however-- survival is good, and pleasure abounds, and not just the coarse kind (though coarse ain't bad either).

--

ps- i just read john gray's wikipedia page. he sounds like a no-fun bitter cunt. fuck him! (morality is an illusion, yet he moralizes like a champ) is that who you follow? find a better prophet-- furreal!
Old 03.30.2013, 07:17 PM   #46
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I must admit I have some prejudice towards Gypsies.

You won't be saying that when you next run out of clothes pegs.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2013, 07:30 PM   #47
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

okay. reading a bit further, i must say (deadbattery), your reading of john gray seems grimmer than gray himself.

though i don't know. you've made me curious now.
Old 03.30.2013, 07:47 PM   #48
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
so why not find pleasure in their absence? it's a huge freedom (and life is short).

who's that? regardless-- with a name like "gray" i feel one has no chance for happiness. less gray, more ru paul!

but happiness-- i don't know about definitions of that shit. why even construct such a fiction. however-- survival is good, and pleasure abounds, and not just the coarse kind (though coarse ain't bad either).

--

ps- i just read john gray's wikipedia page. he sounds like a no-fun bitter cunt. fuck him! (morality is an illusion, yet he moralizes like a champ) is that who you follow? find a better prophet-- furreal!

but why the suggestion i should pursue pleasure at all? why is pursuing pleasure mandatory these days, and daring to dissent means being sneered at and facing aggression?

i know very well why but i'm going to leave it there.
Old 03.30.2013, 07:52 PM   #49
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcnCmx7F6a8

Or you can d/l or buy his books. The latest one is good.
Old 03.30.2013, 08:22 PM   #50
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
i know it may be popular among some, but sex can be rather boring and unfullfiling most of the time. maybe i need something a little more 'wild'. i can't even bring myself to climax most of the time because i feel it's just not worth it. and one night stands are complete shit too. done it a couple of times in my life and found it rather cheap. don't know why people brag about it nor why it's so popular.

take in mind that i don't really have anything steady at the moment. i'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

there.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2013, 08:24 PM   #51
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

fuck sex.
Old 03.30.2013, 08:31 PM   #52
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
but why the suggestion i should pursue pleasure at all? why is pursuing pleasure mandatory these days, and daring to dissent means being sneered at and facing aggression?

i know very well why but i'm going to leave it there.

what's wrong with pleasure? what's wrong with the body? what's wrong with instinct? christian morality condemns them all, but i am not a christian.

the body is wiser and a lot more refined than the christian moralizers give it credit for. it's mostly ideas--bad ideas-- that are damaging and stupid.

alright good luck man. oh, sorry-- i mean bad luck-- cuz that's better, right? right? okay. whatever you wish.
Old 03.30.2013, 08:36 PM   #53
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
sex.

this is just a journo talking but you might find the subject interesting, maybe:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...ad2_story.html
Old 03.30.2013, 08:38 PM   #54
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
you know i have to agree with you. a little. things get so pent-up over time that you can't think straight, but what i'm trying to say and have felt for years is that you really don't 'need' it.

there was a time when i could go months and months without sex nor even have the need to masturbate. the older i get, the weaker i get and the less i can control myself from some sort of sexual release. i always thought it would be the opposite.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2013, 08:40 PM   #55
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

X34202@?::>::@{ person:

you are attributing an xtianity to me that is just not there. i mean i really hope it isn't, if it is there is a problem with my thinking and i've got hidden assumptions i don't want.

i didn't say any of those things. i didn't say anything was 'wrong' with pleasure. i questioned the pursuit of it.

i'd also question your need to question me about this. why is it important for you that someone else has to make the now mandatory blind assertion of the superiority of pleasure. why is it wrong for me to dissent from this? why if you are so happy is my dissent even an issue for you?

there are answers to all those questions which prove my point.

i don't really believe in your happiness. i think its more of an ideology. i think in fact that in many cases its either psychosis or superstition. people used to believe in magical elves and shit and now they believe happy thoughts can actually make you happy. like you can will it. and theres junk science to back this bullshit up.

paradoxically, if you had said nothing at all i could have believed you. but your attitude is so common as to be the norm now, only you are expressing it in a far less aggressive manner than most people do. if they didn't need others to believe in their happiness i would believe they might actually have it.

when someone else refuses to worship this so called happiness and they get attacked for it, it exposes the fact that this happiness is something we are performing.
Old 03.30.2013, 08:40 PM   #56
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcnCmx7F6a8

Or you can d/l or buy his books. The latest one is good.

ha ha ha-- that's opening with a land rover commercial. hilarious.

okay thanks. i mean-- damn you-- that's better, right? right? anyway... thanks from me, take it however you like.

gonna watch now.
Old 03.30.2013, 08:45 PM   #57
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

that talk is promoting his book 'the immortalization commission'. which was what the commies set up when lenin died.

he even mentions some crazy fuck who suggested they put cubes in soviet towns because in the future when their science had conquered death lenin would be able to communicate to them through these cubes. and they actually did it until the nazis invaded.
Old 03.30.2013, 08:49 PM   #58
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
X34202@?::>::@{ person:

you are attributing an xtianity to me that is just not there. i mean i really hope it isn't, if it is there is a problem with my thinking and i've got hidden assumptions i don't want.

i didn't say any of those things. i didn't say anything was 'wrong' with pleasure. i questioned the pursuit of it.

i'd also question your need to question me about this. why is it important for you that someone else has to make the now mandatory blind assertion of the superiority of pleasure. why is it wrong for me to dissent from this? why if you are so happy is my dissent even an issue for you?

there are answers to all those questions which prove my point.

i don't really believe in your happiness. i think its more of an ideology. i think in fact that in many cases its either psychosis or superstition. people used to believe in magical elves and shit and now they believe happy thoughts can actually make you happy. like you can will it. and theres junk science to back this bullshit up.

paradoxically, if you had said nothing at all i could have believed you. but your attitude is so common as to be the norm now, only you are expressing it in a far less aggressive manner than most people do. if they didn't need others to believe in their happiness i would believe they might actually have it.

when someone else refuses to worship this so called happiness and they get attacked for it, it exposes the fact that this happiness is something we are performing.

i don't care what you think about me or what you believe i pursue or not-- really i don't need your approval, just like you don't need mine-- i just though that you were suffering unnecessarily and unconsciously. damn, i see someone on the side of the road with a broken leg, i stop to help (it's an instinct).

but if the pain is voluntary/ experimental/ conscious on your part, or you just want people to leave you alone, then you don't need anybody's help and it's none of my business really. i'll move along/nothing to see here. got it.
Old 03.30.2013, 08:58 PM   #59
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
that talk is promoting his book 'the immortalization commission'. which was what the commies set up when lenin died.

he even mentions some crazy fuck who suggested they put cubes in soviet towns because in the future when their science had conquered death lenin would be able to communicate to them through these cubes. and they actually did it until the nazis invaded.

ah. it was a very long intro, i didn't know where he was going. 10 minutes into it i still didn't so i have now spaced it out. ill google his artcles maybe.
--

ps- looking at the time stamps, it appears it was less than 10.

pps- just for the sake of clarity, i'm not a benthamist-- that sucka was a simplistic simpleton, though his try wasn't all bad, considering.

ppps- maybe im a tactical benthamist of sorts, haa haaa haaa
Old 03.31.2013, 03:51 AM   #60
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Bunch o' miserable twats. I feel like I'm reading a blog by an A-level politics student who's favorite book is Catcher In The Rye.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth