Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Love
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.04.2006, 05:28 PM   #1
Kegmama
invito al cielo

Kegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's asses
Is it better to have love and lost, then to have never loved at all?!

A co-worker used this saying at work today and I had to call her out on it being a bullshit statement; a heated debate then ensued... And I won, as usual.

What do you guys think?

Kegmama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2006, 05:34 PM   #2
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Much better to have loved and lost but still being optimistic that the love will come back stronger in some sort of shape.People who have never loved at all are already dead even though they say that they're not.No contest.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2006, 05:37 PM   #3
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
I always used to think it was bullshit, but I have to agree these days.

It's kind of similar to 'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'. Experiences make you what you are.

I haven't been heartbroken too many times, but I wouldn't be who I am, where I am, and who I'm with now if it wasn't for those experiences.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2006, 05:41 PM   #4
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Much better to have loved and lost but still being optimistic that the love will come back stronger in some sort of shape.People who have never loved at all are already dead even though they say that they're not.No contest.
very nicely put, porkie
Old 12.04.2006, 05:45 PM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
i would rather have loved and lost that love than to go through life pining for love and suffering not ever having really loved at all.

it is better to regret something you have done that to regret something you haven't done

RXTT.net

My Comics

Rob Instigator is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2006, 05:57 PM   #6
Kegmama
invito al cielo

Kegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's asses
Good replies guys, I totally agree with all of you.

True heartbreak sucks though; probably one of the worst emotional stresses one can bear, and has hardcore physical effects that go along with it... Wouldn't you agree?

Old 12.04.2006, 06:00 PM   #7
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama

True heartbreak sucks though; probably one of the worst emotional stresses one can bear, and has hardcore physical effects that go along with it... Wouldn't you agree?

eh! heartbreak gets easier the more you go through it

and without it, where would good books and movies come from? eternal happy endings? yikes!!!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2006, 06:07 PM   #8
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I'd rather love and stay in love. Which is working out fine for me.
Old 12.04.2006, 06:11 PM   #9
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Absolutely! Heartbreak is one of life's little jokes.

I clearly remember the first time I was heartbroken and it's a feeling I'll never forget.

And what makes it even odder is that the person I was in love with now means absolutely nothing to me. To be so in love and so heartbroken and for those feelings to ultimately die is beyond understanding to me.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2006, 06:14 PM   #10
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Absolutely! Heartbreak is one of life's little jokes.

I clearly remember the first time I was heartbroken and it's a feeling I'll never forget.

And what makes it even odder is that the person I was in love with now means absolutely nothing to me. To be so in love and so heartbroken and for those feelings to ultimately die is beyond understanding to me.

but... exactly!! that is the whole point...
Old 12.04.2006, 06:15 PM   #11
Kegmama
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
eh! heartbreak gets easier the more you go through it

and without it, where would good books and movies come from? eternal happy endings? yikes!!!

Blah. Well see, NO ONE EVER wants to leave ME, so I have never really had to go thru it like that.

Oh yeah, and like the ONLY good books and movies are the negative ones filled with misery and sadness. Weenie.

Old 12.04.2006, 06:17 PM   #12
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
We call the other ones "Date Movies."
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2006, 06:19 PM   #13
Kegmama
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
We call the other ones "Date Movies."

Don't you mean "chick-flicks"?

Old 12.04.2006, 06:20 PM   #14
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I wasn't gonna open that particular Pandora's Box, thankyouverymuch.
Old 12.04.2006, 06:22 PM   #15
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Blah. Well see, NO ONE EVER wants to leave ME, so I have never really had to go thru it like that.

Oh yeah, and like the ONLY good books and movies are the negative ones filled with misery and sadness. Weenie.

But then....

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2006, 06:23 PM   #16
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

"The Prude and the Prodigal?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Old 12.04.2006, 06:31 PM   #17
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

sure thing, you have your legions of devotees

which makes me wonder why you're so preocuppied with this issue--

are you worried about the health of your minions when you finally decide to kick them to the curb?
Old 12.04.2006, 06:40 PM   #18
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no- I break horses... ahhh.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2006, 06:49 PM   #19
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

it is better to regret something you have done that to regret something you haven't done

this is my moto for life. you posted exactly what i was thinking.
much respect.
Old 12.04.2006, 06:56 PM   #20
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

100%. Though I've maybe never felt it, I've felt like I've felt it.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content 2006 Sonic Youth