Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page shooting at school
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.22.2012, 06:28 PM   #61
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
the last person i want to own any kind of gun, let alone an assault rifle is an american. i mean its not as if anything bad happens when americans with guns are around.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2012, 06:38 PM   #62
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 12.22.2012, 07:05 PM   #63
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Does Jonboy feel bad about the dead children killed by a gun?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2012, 07:27 PM   #64
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Again, how can you as a gun owner defend owning military style weapons, or extended magazines, or multiple pistols, or completely unrestricted ammunition? Is it that hard for you to pull out your ID to by some more rounds if it will keep the criminals who you own your gun to protect yourself against from having ammunition in the first place?

Damn - any chance you can speed up your roll?

Believe I already mention it wouldn't hurt my feelings if major restrictions were put on owning assault weapons (riffle / machine gun type) and 30 round clips aren't necessary.

If given the opportunity to vote specifically against those two things, I would vote in favor to doing away with them. However, like I pointed out earlier, our government usually goes beyond the scope of such restrictions and this will probably be where many will have the problem.

Personally, I doubt very seriously if the current Administration can get this up for a vote during the next term......a lame duck President with nothing to gain trying to persuade a Congress who will be facing a new election. Good or bad as shown at EVERY opportunity in the past, Congressmen will favor in the way of the $$$ and guns have the $$$.

אש זרה

And John Cage isn't a "mondern noise artist." - atsonicpark

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2012, 07:42 PM   #65
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses

"American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten has described the call to station guards with guns at schools "both irresponsible and dangerous."

In a written statement issued Friday, Weingarten said, "Schools must be safe sanctuaries, not armed fortresses. Anyone who would suggest otherwise doesn't understand that our public schools must first and foremost be places where teachers can safely educate and nurture our students."

The school district where my kids attended / currently attend has had it's own police force for several years now. Understand, just because they are a I.S.D. police force, they still have full right to make arrest, issue citations and pull drivers over away from I.S.D. property. Local courts see no difference between a I.S.D. police force or a City Of police force.

Not once when entering my child's school have I ever felt like I was entering a fortress because I saw a police officer in the hallway. And guess what, not once have I ever felt like my childs school was a hospital becuase there is a nurse who has an office : )

I believe EVERY school is a safe sanctuary......until someone from the outside shoots out the glass door and enters without any possibility of anyone stopping him. Now, I do know of a few schools in Houston and I bet there several where SuchFriends lives where the school fence / walls are topped by razor wire......mostly to keep vandals out.....from the outside, these do appear to be fortresses.

אש זרה

Old 12.22.2012, 08:40 PM   #66
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
It says alot how every time these things happen the gunman is either killed by the police or his own hand, almost never by the fantasy Lone Ranger bystander with a handgun.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2012, 09:29 PM   #67
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
It says alot how every time these things happen the gunman is either killed by the police or his own hand, almost never by the fantasy Lone Ranger bystander with a handgun.

EXACTLY - when that teacher hid all her students in cubby holes and closets, she could have had a little something EXTRA for that nut when he entered her classroom instead of just saying, "they're in the gym." She could have shot and killed him first, saving her life and the lives of the children in the next classroom.

Personally, I feel that any teacher who can react fast enough to hide her students is sensible enough to remove a hand gun from a safe and use it in the right way when the gunman enters her classroom.

אש זרה

Old 12.22.2012, 09:38 PM   #68
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
EXACTLY - when that teacher hid all her students in cubby holes and closets, she could have had a little something EXTRA for that nut when he entered her classroom instead of just saying, "they're in the gym." She could have shot and killed him first, saving her life and the lives of the children in the next classroom.

Personally, I feel that any teacher who can react fast enough to hide her students is sensible enough to remove a hand gun for a safe and use it in the right way when the gunman enters her classroom.

OR she gets shot first, he comes into the classroom, finds all the kids and theres 20 more dead children. Id say theres a 50/50 chance of that, and id err on the side of hiding the kids rather than taking out the gun. Do you want all your schoolteachers militarised? a loaded handgun in their desk?

In that situation the gun would have to be within quick, easy access to the teacher for the fantasy OK Corall scenario. And therefore in quick, easy access to the students as well, every single day. The killer got his guns where he knew he could find them; his mothers own stash. You think kids wouldnt be able to get into teachers cabinet if they really wanted to?

Old 12.22.2012, 09:45 PM   #69
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:

Personally, I feel that any teacher who can react fast enough to hide her students is sensible enough to remove a hand gun for a safe and use it in the right way when the gunman enters her classroom.

or the teacher is the person that has a psychotic episode and decides to kill a bunch of kids and has access to a handgun.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 12.22.2012, 10:15 PM   #70
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jon boy again.

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2012, 10:47 PM   #71
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

The ONLY place for the OK Corral at elementary schools in America

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
Old 12.23.2012, 12:11 PM   #72
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Quote:
OR she gets shot first, he comes into the classroom, finds all the kids and theres 20 more dead children. Id say theres a 50/50 chance of that, and id err on the side of hiding the kids rather than taking out the gun. Do you want all your schoolteachers militarised? a loaded handgun in their desk?

In that situation the gun would have to be within quick, easy access to the teacher for the fantasy OK Corall scenario. And therefore in quick, easy access to the students as well, every single day. The killer got his guns where he knew he could find them; his mothers own stash. You think kids wouldnt be able to get into teachers cabinet if they really wanted to?

So many offered up: "WHAT IF's."

The State / Federal Government has criteria / background checks one must pass before issuing a conceal carry license. Ideally, someone who is mentally unstable would be weeded out. SURE - a teacher who is stable now may become unstable 5 years from now, so teachers who want to conceal carry on campus may need to be held to a higher level of scrutiny of yearly checks.

I do think it's important we all realize that any teacher at any time could bring a gun to school and shoot up the place. Just think of the thousands and thousands of teachers who have handguns at home, any morning they could place that gun on their person and enter the school. Best I can remember is no teacher has ever shot up her class room, but it has ALWAYS BEEN a possibility.

In the scenario I provided in the previous post, the teacher who reacted in time to hide her students would then have time to retrieve her gun......best case scenario being the students never see her holding the gun. Excuse me, but ONLY A FOOL would think said teacher would keep a weapon just lying in a desk or cabinet drawer - ABSOLUTELY NOT!

There would be requirements to keep it in a fingerprint safe that was mounted to the floor or wall.

These type safes are so well built you could spend the entire day with crowbar trying to gain entry and you would end up with tired hands and a wasted day. One manufacture use to offer a one-hundred thousand dollar reward for anyone who could gain entry using nothing but a crowbar or sledgehammer.

אש זרה

Old 12.23.2012, 08:23 PM   #73
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:

The State / Federal Government has criteria / background checks one must pass before issuing a conceal carry license. Ideally, someone who is mentally unstable would be weeded out. SURE - a teacher who is stable now may become unstable 5 years from now, so teachers who want to conceal carry on campus may need to be held to a higher level of scrutiny of yearly checks.

I do think it's important we all realize that any teacher at any time could bring a gun to school and shoot up the place. Just think of the thousands and thousands of teachers who have handguns at home, any morning they could place that gun on their person and enter the school. Best I can remember is no teacher has ever shot up her class room, but it has ALWAYS BEEN a possibility.

In the scenario I provided in the previous post, the teacher who reacted in time to hide her students would then have time to retrieve her gun......best case scenario being the students never see her holding the gun. Excuse me, but ONLY A FOOL would think said teacher would keep a weapon just lying in a desk or cabinet drawer - ABSOLUTELY NOT!

There would be requirements to keep it in a fingerprint safe that was mounted to the floor or wall.

These type safes are so well built you could spend the entire day with crowbar trying to gain entry and you would end up with tired hands and a wasted day. One manufacture use to offer a one-hundred thousand dollar reward for anyone who could gain entry using nothing but a crowbar or sledgehammer.

you actually introduced the "what ifs" with your fantasy land where every teacher has a weapon so dont you get all high and mighty about that.

Anyway, a teachers sanity should not be weighed up after we've put a handgun in his hand. In the UK we have had ONE definite case of a police officer wrongly killing a civilian with a gun in my whole life. You can trust the police with guns if they know that other people arent likely to have them.

As for what you say about the teacher who hid her students. She didnt have a fucking gun, she hid the kids away and saved their lives. What if the teacher ISNT a quick thinking, dynamic person in that scenario? You wanna train your teachers as if theyre prison guards? Theres a nice old saying Americans have that says "Give me liberty or give me death". Maybe the best way of preventing the last of those is stopping people having stashes of deadly firearms in their houses. Just a thought.

Old 12.23.2012, 08:59 PM   #74
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

The State / Federal Government has criteria / background checks..

Upwards of 40% (!!!) of the firearms sold in America annually. This is a loophole that needs to be closed but too many "guns' rights" folks resist even this simple task. So we have a myth that guns are strictly controlled through background checks when the reality is their not. Further, US arms retailers report 30,000 missing or stolen firearms to the ATF each year, that just what they bother to report. As to carrying permits, I think no body realistically wants schoolteachers to be armed, the reasonable compromise is to put armed police in every single one of 99,000 public schools in America. While it is plausible, it seems honestly ridiculous. Further, big surprise the NRA would promote a plan that essentially says, "Hey, go out and buy 100,000 guns for the schools."

Quote:

In the scenario I provided in the previous post, the teacher who reacted in time to hide her students would then have time to retrieve her gun......best case scenario being the students never see her holding the gun.

So would you really trust your kids' schoolteachers in a shootout not to hit your own children in the crossfire? That is the Pandora's Box about this issue, it would be all the worse a tragedy if school teachers or just armed citizens accidentally harm or kill innocent people in the crossfire. And no, I don' condone or forgive people for such accidents in the name of trying to help. Helping is automatically negated when such assistance results in grievous bodily harm or worse, death and loss of life.

I've already proposed the simplest solution, the one which is in effect in LA County. Mandatory nationwide ID-checks for the purchase of ANY ammunition ANYWHERE in the country under ANY circumstance. If folks are buying such ammunition for honest purposes, they have nothing hide or worry about.

Old 12.23.2012, 09:01 PM   #75
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Anyway, a teachers sanity should not be weighed up after we've put a handgun in his hand. In the UK we have had ONE definite case of a police officer wrongly killing a civilian with a gun in my whole life. You can trust the police with guns if they know that other people arent likely to have them.

This statement makes me more depressed than even the Newton shootings,because here in the Los Angeles area alone, we have about 100 officer involved shootings which result in death, and upwards of 30% of those figures are unarmed folks wrongly killed in the process of apprehension. In LA they have a shoot first explain later philosophy, and they don't shoot people in the leg, we're talking strictly kill shots

Old 12.23.2012, 10:32 PM   #76
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
So would you really trust your kids' schoolteachers in a shootout not to hit your own children in the crossfire?

IF my child laid dead, not sure what difference it would make if the fatal shot came from an intruder or a teacher trying to protect the class......but in my scenario, I didn't envision a "shoot out."

I see a possibility of two options:

A) place your class in a corner / behind the teachers desk / file cabinets (whatever) and the teacher for that class room just protect her students. In other words, if the gunman didn't enter that particular classroom, that teacher wouldn't have to respond / use the weapon.

B) same as (A) but the teacher would venture out into the hallway closing the door behind her and would possibly use the firearm if the intruder walked down that hallway......not venturing throughout the school like a member of a S.W.A.T. team.

I realize that just because someone has their conceal carry doesn't mean they would actually squeeze the trigger when faced with the opportunity......it's rare, but even some police officers who graduate the academy are eventually demoted / removed from the force for failure to not being able to "draw down and fire."

Valid ID to purchase ammunition......me and my family wouldn't have a problem with it, but I'm guessing a ban on all hand guns has a better chance of passing. Speaking of ammunition......it's becoming so costly that only the privileged / well to do will be able to afford it in large quantities.

אש זרה

Old 12.24.2012, 09:20 PM   #77
jon boy
invito al cielo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20838925

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 12.27.2012, 12:08 PM   #78
tesla69
invito al cielo

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
inconsistencies for those who ask. Where is the video of Lanza busting through the front door. I will not believe they did not have video surveillance at a school in rich CT.

http://www.conspiracy-cafe.com/apps/...n-drive-my-car

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-san...mation/5316776

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/12...ut-of-control/
Old 12.27.2012, 12:56 PM   #79
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
inconsistencies for those who ask. Where is the video of Lanza busting through the front door. I will not believe they did not have video surveillance at a school in rich CT.

http://www.conspiracy-cafe.com/apps/...n-drive-my-car

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-san...mation/5316776

God I really am beginning to despise this whole "it's the new world order trying to ban our guns!". Not a single thing on there gives the slightest bit evidence to say anything other than what has been shown.

A classic one is this one-

"Did a mass evacuation of the school take place?"

What you trying to hint at? That NO KIDS WHERE IN THE BUILDING?! Brilliant.

And then, suddenly and unfathomably, gunshots rang out. “I can’t even remember how many,” Varga said.[5]

The recollection contrasts sharply with an updated version of Lanza’s arrival where at 9:30AM

Everybody in the police force knows that one of the most unreliable things to go off is eye-witness reports. There's your version, my version and the truth to para-phrase.

Like I said, not a single thing points to anything other than the unfortunate situation that happened. The conspiracy nutjobs need to stop trying to crowbar anything to fit their fears of a New world order.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2012, 01:15 PM   #80
tesla69
invito al cielo

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
A classic one is this one-

"Did a mass evacuation of the school take place?"

What you trying to hint at? That NO KIDS WHERE IN THE BUILDING?! Brilliant..

I think the writer is pointing out that the images you were shown repeatedly had nothing to do with the actual massacre.

trauma based mind control operating at a mass level.

maybe instead of parroting the mainstream media with its namecalling bullying, ("nutjob! nutjob! nutjob!) maybe you can tell us where the video surveillance is?
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth