Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Low-"The Invisible Way"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.25.2013, 05:30 PM   #81
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie

Also a Richard Thompson article! Neat-o!

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2013, 08:50 PM   #82
hipster_bebop_junkie
invito al cielo

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Low performed a studio session for opbmusic on April 5th, 2013. Soundcloud and youtube documentation at the link below:
http://opbmusic.org/studio_sessions/low
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2013, 10:02 PM   #83
hipster_bebop_junkie
invito al cielo

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Low performed an in-studio session for Marc Riley's show on BBC6 on April 25th, 2013. It still can be streamed for three more days over at the BBC's website:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01s2dmw
Old 05.02.2013, 07:52 PM   #84
hipster_bebop_junkie
invito al cielo

Low performed a live in-studio session earlier today (May 2nd, 2013) on WXPN's World Cafe, which is up for streaming now at the link below (Set-list consisted of "Plastic Cup", "Holy Ghost", "Just Make It Stop", and "Clarence White"):
http://www.npr.org/2013/05/02/180557...-on-world-cafe

It can be downloaded from NPR, if you right-click and save:
http://public.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/n...448-1367653769
Old 05.04.2013, 08:47 AM   #85
hipster_bebop_junkie
invito al cielo

Low - Stockholm, Sweden, Debaser Slussen, 2013-05-03 (FLAC MASTER) with samples
Uploaded by trekytt
Old 05.08.2013, 01:46 AM   #86
_tunic_
the end of the ugly

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
did you hear this cover already? I saw it linked on Low's twitter. It's the first track of this compilation:
http://hellcomeshome.bandcamp.com/al...lume-1-box-set
Haven't listened to the rest of that album, it's probably not that good. The intro to track 22 cracked me up though.

And video's of Low's recent KEXP session were posted at
http://blog.kexp.org/2013/05/07/live-video-low-2/

Guess what I'll be seeing tonight, and tomorrow too

what comes first,
the music or the words?

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.08.2013, 07:11 PM   #87
hipster_bebop_junkie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
did you hear this cover already? I saw it linked on Low's twitter. It's the first track of this compilation:
http://hellcomeshome.bandcamp.com/al...lume-1-box-set
Haven't listened to the rest of that album, it's probably not that good. The intro to track 22 cracked me up though.

And video's of Low's recent KEXP session were posted at
http://blog.kexp.org/2013/05/07/live-video-low-2/

Guess what I'll be seeing tonight, and tomorrow too

Thanks for the Bancamp link. I'll try to check it out soon.

I was about to post the link to the KEXP session. Great stuff. Still a bit disappointed there's no lossless audio floating around, though. By the way, it was kind of neat to hear Alan mentioning Sonic Youth as an influence on his guitar playing in the latter bit of the interview at the end of the session.

Please do not forget to tape. I hope one day they'll make it here.

I received my copy of the golden reissue of "In The Fishtank" this morning. About to crank it open...
Old 05.12.2013, 11:38 PM   #88
hipster_bebop_junkie
invito al cielo

Low's Duyster live in-studio session:
http://www.stubru.be/programmas/into...wliveinduyster
Old 05.13.2013, 09:04 AM   #89
_tunic_
the end of the ugly

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
My recording of Low @ De Duif in Amsterdam:
Dime or LMA

a splendid night it was, definitely one of the better times that I've seen them. Support act will be shared on Dime some time soonish, as well as the previous day in Brussels

what comes first,
the music or the words?

Old 05.14.2013, 12:54 AM   #90
hipster_bebop_junkie
invito al cielo

Quote:
My recording of Low @ De Duif in Amsterdam:
Dime or LMA

a splendid night it was, definitely one of the better times that I've seen them. Support act will be shared on Dime some time soonish, as well as the previous day in Brussels
Thank you so much, I can't wait to listen to this!

An interview with Alan by Radio Fujiko, from Italy:
http://www.radiocittafujiko.it/music...fternoon-tunes
Old 05.15.2013, 08:09 AM   #91
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
@lowtheband Got a call for Jools Holland show next week. Peace on earth...

אש זרה

And John Cage isn't a "mondern noise artist." - atsonicpark

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2013, 02:05 PM   #92
_tunic_
the end of the ugly

yup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b020t4fn

Low will be on the BBC tv show 'Later with Jools Holland', this Tuesday 21st May, 10pm gmt.

what comes first,
the music or the words?

Old 05.20.2013, 06:54 AM   #93
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b020t4fn

Low will be on the BBC tv show 'Later with Jools Holland', this Tuesday 21st May, 10pm gmt.

@lowtheband. Heading to soundcheck for Jools Holland show.

אש זרה

Old 05.21.2013, 08:50 AM   #94
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Can't say for sure, but I do believe this is Alan's brother - Justin Sparhawk: http://youtu.be/dmwMVwQ1fKg

אש זרה

Old 05.21.2013, 04:25 PM   #95
_tunic_
the end of the ugly

Ha! he surely looks a lot alike.

New tourdates as posted on their site:

<<
Friends, we’ll see you tonight and Friday night on Later with Jools Holland. It airs on BBC Two on Tuesday at 22:00 and on Friday at 23:05. US air dates coming soon. Set your dvrs…
We’ve also recently announced shows in August in Ireland and the United Kingdom just after Pukkelpop and a UK tour in November just before ATP’s End of an Era Festival. Details for all shows are available here.
16 Aug – Hasselt, BE – Pukkelpop
19 Aug – Cork, IE – Cyprus Ave
20 Aug – Dublin, IE – Whelan’s
21 Aug – Belfast, UK – Empire Music Hall
14 Nov – Cambridge, UK – Junction
15 Nov – Nottingham, UK – Rescue Rooms
16 Nov – Sheffield, UK – Queen’s Social Club
18 Nov – Liverpool, UK – Anglican Cathedral
19 Nov – Edinburgh, UK – Queens Hall
20 Nov – Leeds, UK – Brudenell Social Club
21 Nov – Norwich, UK – Arts Centre
22-24 Nov – Camber Sands, UK – ATP Festival
>>

Low is playing Jools right now :-) I completely forgot about it, and was just in time to catch their last song
And they will be doing Pukkelpop which is an hour south from me (I used to work in that town, drove past the site every day) on the same day as Neil Young, and I won't be there... I bet they sold their kids just to be able to play on the same day as Neil

what comes first,
the music or the words?

Old 05.21.2013, 10:27 PM   #96
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Can't say for sure, but I do believe this is Alan's brother - Justin Sparhawk: http://youtu.be/dmwMVwQ1fKg

If it is, Justin is credited for being a musician on Low's, 'Trust.'

אש זרה

Old 05.22.2013, 12:20 AM   #97
_tunic_
the end of the ugly

I read that in my mailbox without quote, and thought

WTF

????Justin Timberlake????

but it's 7AM and he's the man of my dreams

what comes first,
the music or the words?

Old 05.24.2013, 08:32 PM   #98
hipster_bebop_junkie
invito al cielo

Low on Later with Jools Holland. Looking forward to the imminent torrent.

Old 05.24.2013, 08:50 PM   #99
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Low on Later with Jools Holland. Looking forward to the imminent torrent.

Bitchen! It would be extra cool if someone could make a Low-only DVD (or TS file), though...

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2013, 04:28 AM   #100
_tunic_
the end of the ugly

Here's the full 6GB DVD:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=451507

I'll comment if someone would like to share the Low part only

what comes first,
the music or the words?

All content 2006 Sonic Youth