Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty American Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.11.2013, 10:08 PM   #41
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.12.2013, 07:08 PM   #42
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
U think your ravens can do it? Great game so far

I'm on TEAM KIM
Rob Instigator is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.12.2013, 08:11 PM   #43
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
I want to play poker with John Fox = fold fold fold!

אש זרה

And John Cage isn't a "mondern noise artist." - atsonicpark

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.12.2013, 08:13 PM   #44
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

Ex Texans Trinton Holiday & Jacboy Jones have the biggest plays in this game. Denver via Tim Tebow won in OT this same weekend last year.

אש זרה

Old 01.12.2013, 08:58 PM   #45
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Denver via Tim Tebow won in OT this same weekend last year.

Denver via Peyton Manning lost in OT......what a game!

אש זרה

Old 01.12.2013, 08:59 PM   #46
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Classic game! CLASSIC!!!!!!! Way to go Ravens!!! If Houston can beat the Patriots the AFC Championship will be in Houston!!!!!

I'm on TEAM KIM
Old 01.12.2013, 09:55 PM   #47
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I did, and we did

It was one of the best Raven's games I have ever seen, we had to play our best to get over our Peyton demons, and surprisingly we did. I admit, I spent the whole week depressed and trying to relive the glory of big Ray's comeback last week, but I thought up until thursday that we were doomed. Then I looked back that the statistics, and I suddenly found a gut feeling optimism. We won it. I have a similar gut feeling about Atlanta.

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
Old 01.12.2013, 11:14 PM   #48
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Don't fuck with Colin Kapernick.

I'm on TEAM KIM
Old 01.13.2013, 12:11 AM   #49
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
It was one of the best Raven's games I have ever seen
Congratulations on your Raven win......one of the best postseason games ever! The game more than made up for everything the NCAA Championship Game wasn't.

Looking forward to the Texans game tomorrow. The Texans were 11-1 when they visited New England last month. The Texans played one of their worst game of the season while the Patriots played one of their best. The boys in Vegas had that game listed as New England -3 or -3.5.

SO - what are the odds the Texans play their worst game of the year again? I don't see this happening and believe the game will be end closer to the 3 or 4 point game as Vegas predicted last month instead of the current line of New England -10.

I believe Seattle will beat Atlanta by 17 points......

אש זרה

Old 01.13.2013, 12:18 AM   #50
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Congratulations on your Raven win......one of the best postseason games ever! T

I'm glad you agree, I feel its up there for me. Harbaugh in the locker room said it was the best Ravens' game since 2000. So many up and down emotions, such intensity and yet great fucking football. For Euros who don't understand NFL, watch that game. I was literally going out of my mind for several hours!

Quote:
That is a strong possibility, but my gut tells me that we can turn it around.

Quote:
Don't fuck with Colin Kapernick.

This increasingly appears to be true.

Old 01.13.2013, 04:11 PM   #51
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Quote:

Should have said come from behind when trailing by 20 to only lose by 2......another great game!

Raven game from last night with this Atlanta game has soooo made up for everything the Alabama vs. Notre Dame game wasn't!

אש זרה

Old 01.13.2013, 04:53 PM   #52
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Go Texans!!!!!

I'm on TEAM KIM
Old 01.13.2013, 06:05 PM   #53
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

FUCK Yeah! That moment when we made the miraculous kick and the split screen caught Pete Carroll throwing his headset on the ground saying, "Fuck it!" made this the best Falcons game since Vick ran up and handed Greenbay their first play-off home game loss ever ten years ago! Mike Smith is just too blundering, I can't count how many blown opportunities Falcons have had under his watch the past five years but results are results, behind John Harbaugh's 61 wins, Mike Smith's 55 makes him the second most winning coach over the past ten years! Like the late and great Al Davis said, "Just win baby!"

What a crazy weekend, it was air it out in the Divisionals. First Flacco with the Baltimore Bomb which may just catch fame like the Hail Mary or the Immaculate Reception, then Kaepernuck exploded in the air against Packers, and not Matty Ice calmly walks on the field and throws two bombers down the field in the final 31 seconds to get in perfect field goal range. This uber-passing NFL is insane!

By the way, this is my best NFL play-offs ever, BOTH my teams advanced to the Conference games for the first time ever, and even a team I am bandwagoning did it again too! If 49erz beat my Falcons we can accept that, and if Ravens make it to Superbowl against 49erz my fantasy picks from last year will finally materialize. Either way, this was the shit!
Quote:
Should have said come from behind when trailing by 20 to only lose by 2......another great game!

Raven game from last night with this Atlanta game has soooo made up for everything the Alabama vs. Notre Dame game wasn't!

You couldn't imagine how insane it has been for me for BOTH my teams to have clinched the NFL equivalent of the buzzer-beater! Mother of God that was beautiful football. I am glad Ravens had to grit to grind it out with confidence as if Bo Jackson was on the field. I am pumped that Falcons overcame their jitters and coaching blunders (Mike Smith, seriously, dude, WTF?!?!) and came from behind. That is our specialty. Hanging in there, driving in the final seconds, we do that. Tonight, the whole country and especially ESPN's Mike Sando are all eating a dick. Baltimore won it out the love of football, Atlanta because they are sincerely great guys who overcame all of America's hate. Most underrated 1st seed team ever. Denver had the second softest schedule and everybody praised their every move and strongly favored them for the Superbowl, even as Petyon Manning now ties Brett Farve with NFL record most playoff losses. Atlanta has an admittedly soft but still gritty schedule and everybody, I mean EVERYBODY had so much things to say about it.

Old 01.14.2013, 08:50 AM   #54
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Much props to Brady and the Pats. My beloved Texans got whupped, but it was all their doing. We may have stood a better chance if we had earned the top seed as we were supposed to. On our field the result may have been different.

I am now rooting for the Ravens.

Arian Foster played like a man possessed, but one cannot make defensive mistakes against the BRADY

I'm on TEAM KIM
Old 01.14.2013, 09:29 AM   #55
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

all in all, the best weekend of football this season.

I am proud of my texans. I only wish that Brian Cushing had been healthy enough to play and rip Brady a new asshole.

Next year, with Cushing AND Watt? Look out AFC. Texans are gonna come out extra hungry.

and suchfriends, what you said about the football players keeping their beef on the field, is very true.

story about Payton Manning waiting with his family to talk to Ray Lewis after the game. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ra...062005410.html

I'm on TEAM KIM
Old 01.14.2013, 04:56 PM   #56
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

I am now rooting for the Ravens.

Arian Foster played like a man possessed, but one cannot make defensive mistakes against the BRADY

If you're on our bandwagon then it was almost worth it

Be happy with the loss, it was still a great season and a kick ass game against the Bengals. If there is no dignity in defeat, sports really isn't worth it, because, hey, even the team that wins it all had to lose a few along the way too.

All those Packers-Denver predictions which even I succumbed to have proven false, fantastic I say! No Saints. No Steeler. No Manning brothers. No Packers. These Conference games are looking superb! Speaking of which, superb is exactly how the Ravens are going to have to play against Brady, but look how well we fought against Peyton and his new kick ass defense in Denver? Things are feeling good even if the numbers less than match!

Old 01.14.2013, 04:59 PM   #57
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
and suchfriends, what you said about the football players keeping their beef on the field, is very true.

story about Payton Manning waiting with his family to talk to Ray Lewis after the game. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ra...062005410.html

I was also really touched by that story. I mean, both guys are Superbowl winning, legendary by every definition, Hall of Fame players, and yet Peyton comes by after the game, with HIS FAMILY no less, to take a picture WITH HIS KIDS with the guy who just knocked him out of the play-offs for an NFL record tying 10th time? THAT is CLASS. That deserves our respect. Could any of us imagine Michael Jordan going up to Patrick Ewing or Karl Malone after losing a game to them like that? Or even Kobe Bryant? Lebron would do it, but that is why he is different and lured my back into the NBA. The NFL is always a friendly place, these guys know its just a job, just a game that pays the bills and entertains a lot of people.

Old 01.15.2013, 05:00 AM   #58
bunnyboyz
little trouble girl

bunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's asses
Im not a football fan but i went to high school with Philip Rivers, the quarterback from the San Diego chargers. I spent every friday night in high school with the guy at every game. I cant take him seriously. I was a band nerd, i was a drummer in the half time shows at all of Philips games. TheMadCapLaughs would laugh at my high school year book.
bunnyboyz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2013, 08:54 AM   #59
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

bunnyboyz, you nor anyone else seems to be able to take Phillip Rivers seriously! The guy has issues! ha!

I'm on TEAM KIM
Old 01.15.2013, 03:10 PM   #60
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
bunnyboyz, you nor anyone else seems to be able to take Phillip Rivers seriously! The guy has issues! ha!

Yes, Phillip Rivers get even less respect than Mark Sanchez if that is possible. Blame the franchise, if the guy played somewhere with pedigree and media attention he would be more like Tony Romo or Matt Stafford, great QBs otherwise going no where fast. The NFL equivalent of the NBA stat guys (Chris Bosh when he was in Toronto, Steve Nash when he was in Phoenix), guys who put up great numbers but just aren't on winning enough caliber teams to capitalize on the potential. Matty Ice is on the verge of becoming that soon if in the next three years they don't do something serious.

> »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth