Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page SuchFriendsAreDangerous Appreciation Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools
Old 11.04.2016, 10:52 PM   #1
PLips
100%
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: HELL
Posts: 725
PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
Woah, this guy ditched out of the Trump debate right before it ended! I hope he's not gone for good.

What I know about suchfriends is that he believes in Christian values, sticking up for the little guy, and he doesn't necessarily believe in democracy when it doesn't live up to its ideals.

Let's give him a pat on the back for putting up a good fight and stimulating a dead forum with banter. He heart was always in the right place. You guys have known him for longer so i'll try to stay out of the rest of it.
PLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2016, 11:13 PM   #2
Drjohnrock
bad moon rising
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 215
Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not really new to the forum but I haven't been here for years and years either. But along with evollove, SFAD was very welcoming when I first started posting. I hope he returns. SuchFriends, we luv ya man!

On edit: His profile page says he was last active about six hours ago. So let me amend what I said to I hope he resumes posting again.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2016, 05:49 AM   #3
GravitySlips
children of satan
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 296
GravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's asses
I just lurk usually, but I recall he got me into some really good roots-reggae and dub music years ago when I posted asking for recommendations. I think it was him, anyway. Good guy!
GravitySlips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2016, 08:22 AM   #4
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull
 
dead_battery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,189
dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
the secret to suchfriends is rep, pos rep.
dead_battery is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2016, 10:52 AM   #5
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,168
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I like SFAD, but I really don't believe in this kind of thing. If he's really taken off, or taken a break, and returns after this, it will give the impression that he was attention-seeking, even if that was never his aim. I don't believe in trapping people into a narrative, and I don't believe in making a big ass deal when someone stops saying things on a discussion board. Honestly I can't even tell if this is supposed to be sincere or not, but either way I'm not about to beg someone to do something they don't want to do. Bad for me, bad for the ego of the person in question.

But again, no disrespect to SFAD. He's fine by me and always has been even if we disagreed frequently about virtually everything.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2016, 11:53 AM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo
 
!@#$%!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: mars
Posts: 32,933
!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
suchfriends is of course a decent human being, though sometimes he likes to troll. which is fine most of the time because the internet is not serious business most of the time.

problem is he was trolling the election thread, where concerns are truly heartfelt and emotions run high, and people said things to him he didn't like, but if that's the case (i'm not a mind reader)--i believe he poked the bear.

i don't think he can stay away from this board just like a cat can't stay away from a bucket of sardines, so i look forward to seeing him back soon in friendler non-trolling discussions.

also: nobody here is a professional mind-reader so maybe this is pointless overdramatization.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2016, 12:03 PM   #7
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo
 
Bytor Peltor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arlen, Texas
Posts: 6,844
Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to !@#$%! again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
suchfriends is of course a decent human being, though sometimes he likes to troll. which is fine most of the time because the internet is not serious business most of the time.

problem is he was trolling the election thread, where concerns are truly heartfelt and emotions run high, and people said things to him he didn't like, but if that's the case (i'm not a mind reader)--i believe he poked the bear.

i don't think he can stay away from this board just like a cat can't stay away from a bucket of sardines, so i look forward to seeing him back soon in friendler non-trolling discussions.

also: nobody here is a professional mind-reader so maybe this is pointless overdramatization.
__________________


אש זרה

Robin Hood is more real than Jesus - Rob Instigator
 
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2016, 01:41 PM   #8
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,168
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
also: nobody here is a professional mind-reader so maybe this is pointless overdramatization.

Thanks for Slambang-splaining what I was kinda trying to say and doing a much better job of it.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2016, 07:48 PM   #9
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo
 
SONIC GAIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
Posts: 3,785
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Stand up guy. ALWAYS
__________________
 
SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2016, 08:38 PM   #10
pepper_green
expwy. to yr skull
 
pepper_green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,716
pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
he sent me a nice PM last week or two. i said thanks!

what's the biggie? maybe he's busy doing an overdub vocal over Sublime's Thanx.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2016, 08:55 PM   #11
pepper_green
expwy. to yr skull
 
pepper_green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,716
pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I like SFAD, but I really don't believe in this kind of thing. If he's really taken off, or taken a break, and returns after this, it will give the impression that he was attention-seeking, even if that was never his aim. I don't believe in trapping people into a narrative, and I don't believe in making a big ass deal when someone stops saying things on a discussion board. Honestly I can't even tell if this is supposed to be sincere or not, but either way I'm not about to beg someone to do something they don't want to do. Bad for me, bad for the ego of the person in question.

But again, no disrespect to SFAD. He's fine by me and always has been even if we disagreed frequently about virtually everything.


complete bullshit post. like saying if you leave then it's for attention and not because you might have a life to attend to. god forbid if you leave. no don't do that you butthurt attention seeker.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2016, 09:04 PM   #12
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,168
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
complete bullshit post. like saying if you leave then it's for attention and not because you might have a life to attended to. god forbid if you leave. no don't do that you butthurt attention seeker.

Take a breath. That's not at all what I was saying. Read the post again. I said that if this thread were to bring SFAD "back," it would give the impression that he was attention seeking even if he wasn't. I used this as rationale for not getting overly dramatic about something like this.

I do envy your ability to read exactly what you want to read into anything at any time, though. That must be... fun or something? Coupled with your proclivity to get huffy in asinine, almost entirely incoherent ways about the things you've read into things... must make for a wild ride if half the shit you post is based on genuine feelings and not just a desire to be loud and insulting.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2016, 10:31 PM   #13
pepper_green
expwy. to yr skull
 
pepper_green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,716
pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Take a breath. That's not at all what I was saying. Read the post again. I said that if this thread were to bring SFAD "back," it would give the impression that he was attention seeking even if he wasn't. I used this as rationale for not getting overly dramatic about something like this.

I do envy your ability to read exactly what you want to read into anything at any time, though. That must be... fun or something? Coupled with your proclivity to get huffy in asinine, almost entirely incoherent ways about the things you've read into things... must make for a wild ride if half the shit you post is based on genuine feelings and not just a desire to be loud and insulting.

I can tell by you wasting yr time with me that it wasn't all worth your post. or do you feel I can compete? I think yr being a bully now, throwing yr bullshit at me and it makes you feel good. or maybe you feel I have the potential to agree with you and that's why you do it? I can halfway agree with you about how you feel about my post but im always going to deny it because it's precisely wrong. every time.
like I said, smoke and mirrors.

I read what I read bitch. don't try to mask it and act like im misunderstood.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2016, 11:03 PM   #14
pepper_green
expwy. to yr skull
 
pepper_green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,716
pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Sev, you like things broken down for you in structures and logical rhyme. it has to make sense with yr education in life without any interference of some other thought.

that's yr goddamn problem. stand still and ask why you breathe.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2016, 11:43 PM   #15
noisereductions
invito al cielo
 
noisereductions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New England, USA
Posts: 15,297
noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I don't read about, or talk about politics on message boards. So I have no idea what you guys are talking about. But SFAD is fam. Much love.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2016, 11:44 PM   #16
noisereductions
invito al cielo
 
noisereductions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New England, USA
Posts: 15,297
noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
Stand up guy. ALWAYS

also SG is back! YOOOOOOOO!
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2016, 02:58 AM   #17
PLips
100%
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: HELL
Posts: 725
PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
You know there's 200 to 300 lurkers here on an average moment and maybe 2 to 5 logged in posters. That's an audience for entertainers.

We need trolls for banter. Soap opera fuels dialogue when you know no better. Such Friends worked hard to provide banter even if it sucked. Props to him for keeping the Trump thread alive when no one had anything better to talk about.
PLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2016, 11:23 AM   #18
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,168
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
I can tell by you wasting yr time with me that it wasn't all worth your post. or do you feel I can compete? I think yr being a bully now, throwing yr bullshit at me and it makes you feel good. or maybe you feel I have the potential to agree with you and that's why you do it? I can halfway agree with you about how you feel about my post but im always going to deny it because it's precisely wrong. every time.
like I said, smoke and mirrors.

I read what I read bitch. don't try to mask it and act like im misunderstood.

Sorry but I'm not fighting or arguing with you. I'm not dissing you or insulting you as a person. Far as I'm concerned we have always gotten along fine. Just the trolling nonsense gets really hard to wade through, and I wish you'd do more listening and talking in coherent ways.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2016, 11:30 AM   #19
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,168
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLips
You know there's 200 to 300 lurkers here on an average moment and maybe 2 to 5 logged in posters. That's an audience for entertainers.

We need trolls for banter. Soap opera fuels dialogue when you know no better. Such Friends worked hard to provide banter even if it sucked. Props to him for keeping the Trump thread alive when no one had anything better to talk about.

That's not really what happened. He spoke his mind and didn't back down about it which is admirable in some reapects, but in that particular thread it put him on defense. I can see why it got to him after a while, but I think he misread the situation as a bunch of people taking pleasure in trying to beat him down. It was really just that he was the only one with that perspective, and things got heated.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2016, 07:07 PM   #20
pepper_green
expwy. to yr skull
 
pepper_green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,716
pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Sorry but I'm not fighting or arguing with you. I'm not dissing you or insulting you as a person. Far as I'm concerned we have always gotten along fine. Just the trolling nonsense gets really hard to wade through, and I wish you'd do more listening and talking in coherent ways.


oh hush!

I just want yr digits you sexy thang you.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|


Thread Tools

All content 2006 Sonic Youth