Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bring back Twin Peaks
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.17.2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
http://vimeo.com/53625683

like and share pls

http://www.facebook.com/BringBackTwinPeaks

Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2012, 05:55 PM   #2
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
i've never seen that show but i always wanted to.

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2012, 06:53 PM   #3
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
I love that show so much that I want to visit the area where it was filmed someday (North Bend, Washington). I know someone whose been around there and stood in front of the Snoqualmie Falls (seen in the opening credits).

Mark Frost, David Lynch, and Badalamenti really ended up making an excellent team. Many say that the show went downhill in the second season. While I agree that it wasn't as consistent as season one (I believe Lynch had nothing to do with this season at all. And it may also be true that Mark Frost left as well), it definitely has its moments. The final episode is one of its most dignifying moments. It's rare that I find a TV series with such a large group of amazing characters. So you should watch as soon as possible!

As for this whole bring back twin peaks thing.. it's obviously wishful thinking. I'd be surprised if it does end up making a return. Or rather, if it does I doubt Lynch would have much involvement. One of the main reasons why it's highly unlikely for us to ever see the show come back is because Frank Silva, who plays BOB, passed away in '95. Maybe there's a way to work around that but yeah..

Old 11.17.2012, 11:05 PM   #4
hipster_bebop_junkie
invito al cielo

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
FBI special agent Dale Cooper has left The Black Dodge and he has made some relatively recent appearances last year at Occupy Wall Street Movement and some other places in New York (or maybe that was his doppelgänger?).

I don't think I need a sequel at this point. Only thing I'm looking forward to is the release of "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me" containing all those unreleased scenes, which I hope would enrich an already fascinating story. If David Lynch wants to remain ambiguous about the fate of those characters until the end of time, that's fine by me.
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2012, 01:51 AM   #5
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I've had it in my head that it would be really cool to make a Twin Peaks SCUMM game that continues the series.

I think Season 2 was good, except there were some really unnecessary plotlines that were just too silly or annoying (James, Billy Zane, the mayor & his brother fighting over a woman, mr. moramoto)
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2012, 02:34 AM   #6
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I am more worried that David Lynch won't make another movie.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2012, 03:54 AM   #7
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I've had it in my head that it would be really cool to make a Twin Peaks SCUMM game that continues the series.

I think Season 2 was good, except there were some really unnecessary plotlines that were just too silly or annoying (James, Billy Zane, the mayor & his brother fighting over a woman, mr. moramoto)

Well that's partially the problem I have with the second season. It's not bad or anything but the great thing about the first is that despite all of the characters and stuff going on, it all correlated in some way to the death of Laura Palmer. Everything related in some way and it became scattered in season two when windom earle showed up. That's not to say I don't admire Windom Earle, but there are many throw away episodes in there and it just pales in comparison to what was going on before it. Everyone started doing their own thing and a lot of it hardly added up to much.

And I will agree, I'd care more about a new film than the return of this show. That's only if he doesn't make another disappointing film like Inland Empire of course. It's a shame that he may never get the chance to direct that Ronnie Rocket project. Apparently the script has been around since the 80s and meant/means a lot to him but I guess he just can't get it financed or something.

Old 11.18.2012, 05:12 AM   #8
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
i agree with all of you, minus the fact that i didnt mind that much 2nd season's weaknesses. it still remains my top 1 series.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elusl...eature=related
i love the abstract, the unsolved and unexplained in movies, scenes that perhaps have hidden messages or not and David Lynch is the best in doing this.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2012, 06:47 AM   #9
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
i loved Inland Empire, but i don't think i could sit through it again.

Fire Walk with Me is disturbing on all levels. weeps.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2012, 09:14 AM   #10
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
you should have written this way back in the day when they made the second season. then you could have maybe saved the show.

because the second season is total crap. it goes all over the place with these little meaningless stories that are totally arbitrary. fuck it.

season one was of course amazing but that's it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2012, 09:47 AM   #11
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
as soon as you find out who killed laura palmer the whole thing goes downhill
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2012, 01:07 PM   #12
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
it was boring.

so was the movie.

even on 2 hits of orange sunshine.

RXTT.net

My Comics

Rob Instigator is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2013, 10:47 PM   #13
hipster_bebop_junkie
invito al cielo

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
What the fuck? That gum you like is going to come back in style?

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/1928...ot-twin-peaks/
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2013, 03:03 AM   #14
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
why is the guy who wrote that article excited about girls season 2?

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2013, 06:29 AM   #15
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Yep. I didn't think it would really happen but there have been tons of rumors flying around that Lynch is interested in bringing it back.
Old 01.04.2013, 06:58 AM   #16
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I LOVE Twin Peaks! I don't know how they could bring it back in a way that would actually satisfy me though. I want closer on Agent Cooper, and the entire cast is 20 years older now, so it would be tough to pick up the story line. I didn't watch your video - I'll watch it later - maybe it explains how it could work?

On the downside, Lara Flynn Boyle looks like this now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
as soon as you find out who killed laura palmer the whole thing goes downhill

True, until the last episode, because Lynch came back to direct it, and he pulled me back in again. But the whole Civil War delusion, the lady framing James as her husband's murderer, and Ben turning good with the help of Billy Zane? Ridiculous.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2013, 08:51 AM   #17
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
boring show.

RXTT.net

My Comics

Rob Instigator is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2013, 01:16 PM   #18
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Tons of amazing characters, compelling story, one of the best scores in television history, and you've got a boring show!

As for everyone being older, I don't think it's much of a setback. It's not like the show hasn't already messed around with time... remember agent cooper with grey hair in the red room? Or the bloody girl appearing laura's bed in fire walk with me? They certainly can make it work.
Old 01.04.2013, 01:19 PM   #19
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

and Lara Flynn Boyle was replaced for the film as well (something I didn't even notice until my second viewing...)

Moira Kelly played Donna in "Fire Walk With Me". She is 44 now.

Sadly, the guy who played Bob passed away. Jack Nance too
Old 01.04.2013, 05:13 PM   #20
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Tons of amazing characters, compelling story, one of the best scores in television history, and you've got a boring show!

As for everyone being older, I don't think it's much of a setback. It's not like the show hasn't already messed around with time... remember agent cooper with grey hair in the red room? Or the bloody girl appearing laura's bed in fire walk with me? They certainly can make it work.

That is sort of true, since that was supposed to be him 25 years later, and it's almost to that point now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
and Lara Flynn Boyle was replaced for the film as well (something I didn't even notice until my second viewing...)

Moira Kelly played Donna in "Fire Walk With Me". She is 44 now.

Sadly, the guy who played Bob passed away. Jack Nance too

Yes, but I think Bob could be replaced by another weirdo with long grey hair and you wouldn't notice THAT much. And while I LOVE Nance, his role up to the point of cancellation was basically the straight guy to all of the craziness around him, so his reprisal wouldn't be CRITICAL. I mean, I had a feeling his character was going to develop into something more sinister, but it never got a chance to get there.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth