Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page pub shmub.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.10.2016, 12:20 PM   #1
Diesel
invito al cielo

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
reserved.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2016, 01:01 PM   #2
Diesel
invito al cielo

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Well there's an iceberg in my heaaaaaaaart and nobody can tear it apaaaaaaaaarrt is there an audience. concussion will act as a sponge collect my faaaaawning whiskey girl. maental frailty took my friends and now the end is nevr ennnnnnd. Does she write songs, well oh-no it's all false, is there an answer.

This will be a soing next week ya fukin pissheads and ir=t will shredd LEL!
Old 09.10.2016, 01:24 PM   #3
Diesel
invito al cielo

Should i go tot he pub?
Old 09.11.2016, 01:41 AM   #4
PLips
stalker

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
Give me a cheap beer joint,
On the wrong side of town,
With all the good time people,
Hanging round.

Blood on the door,
Broken dreams on the floor,
And the people ain't always quiet and serene.

And on the day I die,
And old man God says 'Hi...
"David, do you have any last requests?"

I'd say I know a spot
Where the music's hot
(I can't remember the last line)

Dave Wilcox - Cheap Beer Joint
PLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2016, 02:10 AM   #5
PLips
stalker

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
There was a dive bar I used to frequent in Toronto which I will poetically refer to as 'The Beau Fleuve'

It was when I was depressed with life and wanted to die and one day in a cold February after work at the animation Studio I stopped in at this sketchy bar. Really grubby, Chinese bartender was in the middle of kicking out a crackhead; East Coast Maritimers, more Native Indians than I ever saw in my life, faces weathered by life poverty and drugs. Bottles were $3, half pitchers $5 pitchers $9. They had a menu but the stovetop was covered with junk. No food was ever made there.

The men's bathroom had a hilarious graffitti 'i'll flip you a Dick, before I bone you and own you' hahahahaha!!!

And they had a digital jukebox... my first beer I downed I found George Thorogood's "I Drink Alone" DAAAAAMN RIGHT." I was living and working in the worst neighbourhood in downtown Toronto and eventually I realized if Hell has a bar, then life ain't that bad.

Because I made good money and worked long hours as an animator and I had a safe cheap room above a local cafe run by a Korean brother and sister who treated and taught me like a little brother too, everyday for lunch and for a few to many hours after work I drank like a fish for 2 years straight; and to boot, I dumped probably $3000 into that jukebox, playing to the crowd and setting the mood.

The Beau Fleuve taught me the true beauty of being an alcoholic, something later reaffirmed when I saw the film 'Barfly' with Mickey Rourke and Faye Dunaway.

The magic of a dive bar is that everyone there lives have been Hell, but you only see them at the happiest time of the day and that once wrote down before, "There is no bullshit at the Beau Fleuve"

As much as I'd love to, I can't afford to be an alcoholic anymore, and I've never been to another bar that came close to the Beau Fleuve. Every other bar had pretense.

In 2014, After my Native Neighbour pulled two kitchen knifes on my gay friend and asked him if he wanted to live or die, I got my monthly cheque that week and took the evening bus up to Toronto and gave Johnny the bartender 2 of my best Native Indian fantasy illustrations and drank and smoke played the jukebox and had the best night of a HELLISH year. I slept in the park in December and smoked weed with a Palestinian Hobo. I got up early and had breakfast at my old landlords cafe and they gave me tons of practical Wisdom as usual.

It wasn't just a bar, it was a passing glimpse of heaven. Souls who've drank their misery away together for a thousand years.

Cheers.
Old 09.11.2016, 10:10 PM   #6
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
which part of Toronto was the worst neighbourhood? I used to live in Parkdale and worked in Cabbagetown
Old 09.11.2016, 11:13 PM   #7
PLips
stalker

I lived at Dundas and Sherbourne and the bar was by Moss Park just south. And the animation Studio was in the media district just a minute south of Queen. It was starting to get gentrified when I moved home in 2009 but yeah it was more cool than scary.

Arcadia books is a great art book store right next to 'The Buffalo'. I once asked them if they ever have problems with people stealing books and the lady laughed and responded 'No, criminals and drug addicts are deathly afraid of books'.

Alfies was the other dive bar at Moss Park but I rarely went there because it had a pool table and pool tables attract 'the criminal element' My loyalties stuck with the Buffalo and it was safer that way.
Old 09.12.2016, 12:20 PM   #8
Diesel
invito al cielo

Is is true that Toronto is entirely made up of the elements glass and China and the year there is actually 3150?
Old 09.12.2016, 01:25 PM   #9
PLips
stalker

Yes! That is correct. They had big plans for the Waterfront for the 1996 Summer Olympics but Atlanta got it so for the past 10 years the City sold off the entire Waterfront for glass luxury condos and fucking completley destroyed the view of the lake except for those condos directly next to it facing Lake Ontario. Really pathetic urban planning.

The CN Tower was actually uhauled by Doc Brown and Marty Mcflyk's DeLorean from the future and if you watch the Michael Moore Documentary 'Canadian Bacon' you will know that that's actually a Nuclear Warhead on top of the CN Tower.

I heard a long time ago that Chinese is now the largest ethnic group in Toronto the Spadina Ave China Town is a sight to behold. And if you ever watched 'Kung Fu: The Legend Continues' which was filmed in Toronto, you don't even have to be Asian to be Chinese, you can be a full fledged Honky!
Old 09.12.2016, 03:27 PM   #10
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulva
which part of Toronto was the worst neighbourhood? I used to live in Parkdale and worked in Cabbagetown

Cabbagetown....I love that name. Is it really called that?

EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2016, 04:48 PM   #11
PLips
stalker

Yeah they used to have a lot of cabbage gardens there in the 1800s. I hadn't really gone through there very often but the buildings are pretty quaint. I think it's the gay district

All content 2006 Sonic Youth