Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bitch about things you are pissed off about II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.04.2013, 11:24 AM   #161
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Spotify is free??

yes with commercials, though i find them horrible & prefer the paid version ($5 for computer, $10 for phones also)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2013, 11:36 AM   #162
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Yeh...they do get annoying, but I'm willing to suffer for free music

Currently, I'm debating getting the phone subscription. Having all that music available on my phone.....well....it's just an amazing thought.

EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2013, 11:38 AM   #163
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
it's especially helpful in supermarkets and stores during the holiday season. i can't tell you how many times it's saved me from an imminent stroke.
Old 01.04.2013, 12:06 PM   #164
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Speaking as someone who enjoys being difficult, I am not trying to do so.

I'm clever enough to find myself free and available music sources, but due to factors such as 1) my crap phone, 2) bandwidth cap and unwillingness to connect to a public server, and most of all 3) TERABYTES of music I already possess, seeking out new sources has become, for the first time in my life that I can ever remember, unimportant.

You want to know what else I haven't heard? the new Raveonettes. THAT fucks me off more than anything else.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2013, 12:12 PM   #165
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
Speaking as someone who enjoys being difficult, I am not trying to do so.

I'm clever enough to find myself free and available music sources, but due to factors such as 1) my crap phone, 2) bandwidth cap and unwillingness to connect to a public server, and most of all 3) TERABYTES of music I already possess, seeking out new sources has become, for the first time in my life that I can ever remember, unimportant.

You want to know what else I haven't heard? the new Raveonettes. THAT fucks me off more than anything else.

how does choosing not to buy something makes you "difficult"? it's a fucking free market! spend/save/invest as you see fit.

"difficult" is trying to pay a bar tab with a jar of pennies. just because, you know, it's legal tender. i had a roommate who tried to do that once-- what a bitch!
Old 01.04.2013, 12:24 PM   #166
Trama
stalker

Trama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's asses
Regarding number 2 part 2, I've been using amazon's ec2 to route all of my traffic for some time now and it's been unsurprisingly stellar.
Trama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2013, 12:48 PM   #167
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
how does choosing not to buy something makes you "difficult"? it's a fucking free market! spend/save/invest as you see fit.

"difficult" is trying to pay a bar tab with a jar of pennies. just because, you know, it's legal tender. i had a roommate who tried to do that once-- what a bitch!
Only in regards to the various ways in which I've negated the very good and well intentioned advice put before me in this thread.

@Trama: I have unlimited bandwidth and wifi at home, but that's not where I listen to most of my music. During the day, I rely on 3G as I'd rather not have my packets sniffed.

Springboarding seems too much of a hassle when I mostly just want to be snarky on our dear Golden-Blue.
Old 01.04.2013, 12:56 PM   #168
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Only in regards to the various ways in which I've negated the very good and well intentioned advice put before me in this thread.

aaah! you're way way waaaaaaaay more diplomatic than i am. i usually just say "eh, fuck'em".

ps - this one here does it even better:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale_gribble
^ your advice is utter shit regarding the subject.

now that-- that's how the difficult refuse advice
Old 01.04.2013, 01:07 PM   #169
Trama
stalker

Trama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
@Trama: I have unlimited bandwidth and wifi at home, but that's not where I listen to most of my music. During the day, I rely on 3G as I'd rather not have my packets sniffed.

Precisely. I route my traffic ON public networks, not at home.

I use one of my instances as a proxy server for SSH and VPN tunneling.

I actually pay for it because I use other of their services, but I know they have a free usage tier.
Old 01.04.2013, 01:32 PM   #170
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

My god, I wish I had more devious needs.

Because of immigratory requirements, I'm near-paranoid about keeping my nose clean.

ps: what a prick that gale_dribble is! I WOULD NEVER be so rude!
Old 01.04.2013, 01:34 PM   #171
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
I can't use spotify anymore ever since I took them up on a free trial of the premium version for a month then cancelled before i had to pay. I used to use the free version all the time but now they seem to have blocked me
stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2013, 01:42 PM   #172
Trama
stalker

Create a new account?
Old 01.04.2013, 01:45 PM   #173
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
now that-- that's how the difficult refuse advice

come now, clearly that quote sounds worse when it is out of context. i'm not saying that i'm not a prick, but in this case my response was justified.

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2013, 01:47 PM   #174
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trama
Create a new account?

I tried
stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2013, 01:47 PM   #175
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trama
Create a new account?

^ your advice is utter shit regarding the subject.

Ahhhhh.....that feels better. Like stretchy pants after christmas dinner.
Old 01.04.2013, 01:55 PM   #176
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale_gribble
come now, clearly that quote sounds worse when it is out of context. i'm not saying that i'm not a prick, but in this case my response was justified.

oh i thought your response to mr. bathsalts was both appropriate and hilarious. though actually i'm not sure what he was going on about. i usually like the guy but when he's on his redneck drugs he makes no sense.
Old 01.04.2013, 02:13 PM   #177
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Yo....I actually really like that album, their other albums are good but just kind left me empty after Whip It On(FUCKING BEST THING EVER) and it's super dakrk sound. I kind of wish I had listened to it before they played here a while back....then I would've REALLY wanted to go.

But don't take my advice on the subject of music for it is utter shit.

Old 01.04.2013, 02:17 PM   #178
Trama
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
I tried
I have an old UK based account. Check your PMs.
Old 01.04.2013, 02:24 PM   #179
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
But don't take my advice on the subject of music for it is utter shit.

the raveonettes are utter shit. here is their free shit

http://www.myspace.com/theraveonettes

utter boring shit. kill!

Old 01.04.2013, 02:31 PM   #180
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
the raveonettes are utter shit.

I didn't say that, but you seem to have gotten the idea.

59 > »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth