Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bitch about things you are pissed off about II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.01.2013, 06:58 PM   #461
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Nobody made her do anything, SHE HERSELF was polite enough to understand some people aren't as comfortable with it as others. FURTHER, SHE HERSELF wasn't ALWAYS comfortable with exposing her breasts to just anyone, breastfeeding or not!

Further, that woman should have just LEFT. Period. When shopping or dining in America, you always have the universal right to give a vote of no confidence with your feet. They didn't have to hide in a bathroom, they CHOSE to do that, instead of simply leaving being rightfully offended at their shabby treatment

don't know if you read those gawker comments and i don't know how it is in the gringo state of california but in new york it's perfectly legal to breastfeed anywhere the fuck you want, and it's illegal to impede it.

know your rights, o sheep.

Quote:
I agree completely but who the fuck are you calling a pinche gringo?

i didn't call you a pinche gringo, gringo.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2013, 08:31 PM   #462
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
don't know if you read those gawker comments and i don't know how it is in the gringo state of california but in new york it's perfectly legal to breastfeed anywhere the fuck you want, and it's illegal to impede it.

Its not about the law. And again, if they didn't like their shabby treatment they simply could have left, period.

Funny enough, this was covered by the great Al Bundy

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2013, 12:00 PM   #463
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
MOLD

I'm on TEAM KIM
Rob Instigator is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2013, 03:55 PM   #464
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
This past week and especially this past weekend has been horrible. My wife and I are both sick, both had to go to doctor. Our apartment is covered in MOLD. In less than a fucking week and a half, mold everywhere. Green, white, BLACK.

we had to move guerilla style to a furnished apartment. We will lose any and all upholstered furniture, bedding, food items.

My records are in plastic sleeves but they may be FUCKED. My books may be FUCKED.

we gots a LAWYER and hopefully everything works out but the shit is gross. GROSS. My wife's shoes, purses, and many of her clothes are covered in mold. so PISSED

I'm on TEAM KIM
Old 07.02.2013, 04:08 PM   #465
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Its not about the law. And again, if they didn't like their shabby treatment they simply could have left, period.

Funny enough, this was covered by the great Al Bundy

so the great tv head al bundy told rosa parks that if she didn't wanna go to the back of the bus she should have left for liberia? cuz some white folk were, you kow, "offended" by her. rosa parks could have been polite and give that white man his seat. or vote with her feet and, you know, just don't take that bus again and walk instead. yeah. polite!

that's teh problem with getting political philosophy from the tv.
Old 07.02.2013, 04:30 PM   #466
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
This past week and especially this past weekend has been horrible. My wife and I are both sick, both had to go to doctor. Our apartment is covered in MOLD. In less than a fucking week and a half, mold everywhere. Green, white, BLACK.

we had to move guerilla style to a furnished apartment. We will lose any and all upholstered furniture, bedding, food items.

My records are in plastic sleeves but they may be FUCKED. My books may be FUCKED.

we gots a LAWYER and hopefully everything works out but the shit is gross. GROSS. My wife's shoes, purses, and many of her clothes are covered in mold. so PISSED

So sorry to hear about this Rob. Any idea how the mold started? A tip on the records:

A) if possible, remove from the plastic sleeves.

B) if some plastic starts showing fungi, coat in rubbing alcohol. I got a plastic foot tub from the dollar store, poured alchol in it, letting some of my infected records lay on one side and after a while, turn it over and soak the other side. It worked on some of the records.

C) if album covers show signs, you can try dropping a few tinny mothballs down inside or placing them in front of a heat lamp.

After Rita, I found this worked on some but did not work for all. Also, if one album cover is showing signs and another album is touching it, the fungi will spread.

אש זרה

And John Cage isn't a "mondern noise artist." - atsonicpark

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2013, 04:45 PM   #467
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
rabgor - ive had this problem before.

the mould you have is TOXIC - the spores are in the air all around you, when you breath in it goes into your bloodstream and into your brain. it will give you flu like symptoms, diarrhea, lethargy, confusion, rages. it can eventually lead serious diseases.

obviously you've moved but if it comes back in your new place you must:

1. buy a dehumidifier and run it 24/7 for a while.

2. install a ventilator system in your bathroom/kitchen if there isnt one already

3. use a specialized mould spray to clean - NOT bleach and warm water because this simply will not work. go hunt in a diy store or on the internet. buy expensive stuff that is SPECIFICALLY designed for mould.

i need to repeat that - if you go around and clean it all away with hot water and bleach it will just not work. it will come back.

on the other hand, when you buy the special mould spray, it will contain bleach and serious chemicals, which will permanently stain clothing and ruin painted walls and book covers and things. its possible to wipe it on a cloth then clean the book covers. if you spend 3 days cleaning the whole place you will inevitably miss a few little specks which will soon bloom back.

my advice is to get rid of any possessions that are not infected, then store the rest in zip lock bags when you move them. keep 'em all in one clean room so they dont spread around your next place.

there are many different types of toxic mould. you have aspergillus at the very least. get that shit sorted now before it ruins your life.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2013, 04:50 PM   #468
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

damn, dude, holy shit, i knew houston was humid but DAMN. damn damn damn. not sure what to say man. only a suggestion, not sure if it's welcome but might give you some food for thought-- i know you're attached to your things but the history of humanity is one of nomadism-- see if minimalism might interest you. not only is it a huge money saver, it also makes it easy to FLEE THE FUCK AWAY when you need to. after a lifetime of moving, this truth has sunk in for me: possessions = burdens.

alright. cant think of what else. best wishes man.
Old 07.02.2013, 04:53 PM   #469
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Thanks for the advice.

all I care about are books and records, and those are my heaviest possessions.

I'm on TEAM KIM
Old 07.02.2013, 05:00 PM   #470
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Thanks for the advice.

all I care about are books and records, and those are my heaviest possessions.

dont know about records (i know you hate digital), but for books, you know you love the houston library.
Old 07.02.2013, 05:00 PM   #471
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
get 'em sealed in plastic bags.

what i did with mine was - first i wiped them to get all the dust off. then i dabbed the tiniest drop of the mould spray onto a cloth and gently caressed them. however some of the books were so bad i had to throw them away. obviously you cant have one mouldy book in a bag with 10 non mouldy ones.

this stuff is so insidious, tiny microscopic specs are all it takes and it will grow back again. you need total dryness and vigilance.

think of this as an opportunity to get plastic seal bags for your collection which will no doubt keep them in better condition as a bonus.

if they are really bad, there are guides online that say you can microwave books to kill the mould! i didnt try it though.
Old 07.02.2013, 05:21 PM   #472
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ps- and since you work in a university you probably have borrowing privileges in their library system as well.
Old 07.02.2013, 06:14 PM   #473
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
rabgor - ive had this problem before.

the mould you have is TOXIC - the spores are in the air all around you, when you breath in it goes into your bloodstream and into your brain. it will give you flu like symptoms, diarrhea, lethargy, confusion, rages. it can eventually lead serious diseases.

Not to mention some fantastic visuals

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
Old 07.02.2013, 06:42 PM   #474
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

nah man. not at all. this shit just ruin you. there's nothing psychoactive about it.

it made me go into rages. thats not uncommon.

one of the most unpleasant experiences.

if you want cool visuals you could try using your eyes.

pick an object in the room around you. then meditate on the fact that that object both exists as a thing in itself, and also exists as an appearance in your mind, and the mind of anyone else who walked into the room and looked at it. then go read about object oriented ontology.

you dont need all that self destructive brain damage 60's lsd shit. that stuff is not about expanding your mind, merely window dressing the crude materialism which covers over the vast and repressed anxiety that we too are objects.

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/o/ohp/13106496.0001.001

objects inside objects dreaming of other objects!

in fact this deserves its own thread...
Old 07.02.2013, 08:20 PM   #475
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
if you want cool visuals you could try using your eyes.
aaaahaaaa haaaa haaa haaa!

best thing i've read all day.

i wish i could spread the spreader but i'm all spread out. anyway, an excellent reply. you're getting all zen and shit.
Old 07.02.2013, 09:25 PM   #476
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

it made me go uncommon.

one of the most

cool visuals

Old 07.02.2013, 09:35 PM   #477
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

altho to be fair the other times i took acid it was great.
Old 07.02.2013, 09:50 PM   #478
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I don't like acid, too strong. Mushrooms? Fantastic. Hallucinate? Avoid daturas, they are terrible terrible plants that will send you into powerful visions. The reality of vision quests is sometimes they are fun, sometimes they are horrific, but so is everyday life isn't it, its the impact of the vision that is important. As to "bad trip" stories, these were necessary. They served their proper purpose. Acid is a strong drug, people should avoid drugs. Then again, Salvia is a strong plant, people should also be wary of many plants.

Old 07.03.2013, 08:08 AM   #479
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Problem is I got books you cannot find at the Library.

I'm on TEAM KIM
Old 07.03.2013, 09:20 AM   #480
tesla69
invito al cielo

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
rape culture is global

http://www.hrw.org/news/2013/07/03/e...exual-violence
212223 24 2526273474 > »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth