Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page I think I am the youngest SY fan ..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools
Old 11.05.2012, 06:09 AM   #41
Pinkunicornnx
little trouble girl
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 96
Pinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
time to take those little troll boots off.
Dude, I'm not a troll
Pinkunicornnx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2012, 07:29 AM   #42
guest
stalker
 
guest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: melbourne
Posts: 476
guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
sorry to be a real pain in the arse again but I have to say this: you really don't give a shit about this purported dearth of good music, because your peers listening to Bieber, Gaga et al supposedly portrays you to be "real alt, bro".

yes, I'm 17, I'm not some mythical sage, but coming from experience I think you're being just lazy and elitist. music isn't about constant one-upmanship, it is about listening to what you enjoy. I love SY and the music that I listen to because I am very much a fan of pure complexity and pure immediacy, perhaps skewing towards the former, with my enjoyed music existing at the confluence. now, this is of course mindless judgement for which I apologise in advance, but I think that you enjoy it because it has something of an outsider status within circles of 14 year-olds, and you would like to assume this sort of persona. now I'm sorry but that's fucking ridiculous. again, speaking from experience.

are you not listening to Dino Jr. because you enjoy them? how are you to know that your little teeny-bopper friends don't enjoy their music equally, if not more so? since when is 'underground' music the indelible marker of quality? because the last time I checked the vast majority of it sucks balls and that's the very reason it isn't popular.

apologies for this diatribe, I know I sound like some embittered, jaded old bastard, it isn't necessarily directed at you nor anyone in particular, just at an idea which has been allowed to fester for far too long. the crux of what I am saying is that listen to music because you enjoy it, but don't attempt to impose your likes upon the unwilling.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2012, 08:16 AM   #43
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,363
Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
sorry to be a real pain in the arse again but I have to say this: you really don't give a shit about this purported dearth of good music, because your peers listening to Bieber, Gaga et al supposedly portrays you to be "real alt, bro".

yes, I'm 17, I'm not some mythical sage, but coming from experience I think you're being just lazy and elitist. music isn't about constant one-upmanship, it is about listening to what you enjoy. I love SY and the music that I listen to because I am very much a fan of pure complexity and pure immediacy, perhaps skewing towards the former, with my enjoyed music existing at the confluence. now, this is of course mindless judgement for which I apologise in advance, but I think that you enjoy it because it has something of an outsider status within circles of 14 year-olds, and you would like to assume this sort of persona. now I'm sorry but that's fucking ridiculous. again, speaking from experience.

are you not listening to Dino Jr. because you enjoy them? how are you to know that your little teeny-bopper friends don't enjoy their music equally, if not more so? since when is 'underground' music the indelible marker of quality? because the last time I checked the vast majority of it sucks balls and that's the very reason it isn't popular.

apologies for this diatribe, I know I sound like some embittered, jaded old bastard, it isn't necessarily directed at you nor anyone in particular, just at an idea which has been allowed to fester for far too long. the crux of what I am saying is that listen to music because you enjoy it, but don't attempt to impose your likes upon the unwilling.
I agree about that everybody should listen the music he enjoys. If someone likes Lady Gaga truly I think it is totally ok. I have always listened music just about the reason that I like it. Somehow I have always had quite different taste of music as the majority. But I hadnīt got any problem to listen Iron Maiden in the eighties although my schoolmates that didnīt understand for example my Jimi Hendrix enthusiasm at all, liked Iron Maiden also.

Music has always been part of some youth movement, but if it is only that, I donīt think that kind of person seriously listens music. And that kind of persons donīt listen music very much when they`ve grown adults.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2012, 03:56 PM   #44
Pinkunicornnx
little trouble girl
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 96
Pinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
sorry to be a real pain in the arse again but I have to say this: you really don't give a shit about this purported dearth of good music, because your peers listening to Bieber, Gaga et al supposedly portrays you to be "real alt, bro".

yes, I'm 17, I'm not some mythical sage, but coming from experience I think you're being just lazy and elitist. music isn't about constant one-upmanship, it is about listening to what you enjoy. I love SY and the music that I listen to because I am very much a fan of pure complexity and pure immediacy, perhaps skewing towards the former, with my enjoyed music existing at the confluence. now, this is of course mindless judgement for which I apologise in advance, but I think that you enjoy it because it has something of an outsider status within circles of 14 year-olds, and you would like to assume this sort of persona. now I'm sorry but that's fucking ridiculous. again, speaking from experience.

are you not listening to Dino Jr. because you enjoy them? how are you to know that your little teeny-bopper friends don't enjoy their music equally, if not more so? since when is 'underground' music the indelible marker of quality? because the last time I checked the vast majority of it sucks balls and that's the very reason it isn't popular.

Sis...
You're wrong. I listen to them cause I like their music. And no, I don't enjoy the fact of being an outsider.
And yes you're right about the fact that a lot of underground music suck balls.
Pinkunicornnx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2012, 04:05 PM   #45
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo
 
Rob Instigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In the land of the Instigator
Posts: 25,000
Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
What is there for musicians age 16-25 to rebel against?
__________________
RXTT's Intellectual Journey - my new blog where I talk about all the books I read.

I'm on TEAM KIM
Rob Instigator is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2012, 04:07 PM   #46
Genteel Death
invito al cielo
 
Genteel Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: RESERVATION
Posts: 7,978
Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkunicornnx
[/color]

And yes you're right about the fact that a lot of underground music suck balls.

Why not admit that you are a fucking boring cunt of a teenager, rather than blaming your apathy on your peers' music taste then? Fuck off. Go to your room. Just fuck off.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2012, 04:31 PM   #47
Pinkunicornnx
little trouble girl
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 96
Pinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Why not admit that you are a fucking boring cunt of a teenager, rather than blaming your apathy on your peers' music taste then? Fuck off. Go to your room. Just fuck off.
No. I'm already in my room.
Pinkunicornnx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2012, 04:32 PM   #48
Pinkunicornnx
little trouble girl
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 96
Pinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfeatencake


seriously though, my fav troll so far.
Stahp --'
I'm not a troll!!?
Pinkunicornnx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2012, 05:10 PM   #49
evollove
expwy. to yr skull
 
evollove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,457
evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Has anyone bothered to check Pink.'s posts?

If she's a troll, she's lousy at it. Posts art, starts threads, comments, etc.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2012, 06:00 PM   #50
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly
 
chrome noise tape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Making The Nature Scene
Posts: 937
chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Has anyone bothered to check Pink.'s posts?

If she's a troll, she's lousy at it. Posts art, starts threads, comments, etc.


so welcome to the trollsonicland
chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2012, 06:12 PM   #51
Pinkunicornnx
little trouble girl
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 96
Pinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome noise tape
so welcome to the trollsonicland
--' ...
Pinkunicornnx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2012, 07:06 PM   #52
guest
stalker
 
guest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: melbourne
Posts: 476
guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Why not admit that you are a fucking boring cunt of a teenager, rather than blaming your apathy on your peers' music taste then?
unfortunately yeah, this is what I am saying albeit bluntly.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2012, 10:09 PM   #53
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo
 
SONIC GAIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Free
Posts: 3,782
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkunicornnx
I'm from the nickelcrap/bieber/swag generation... People who have good music taste are REALLY hard to find.
Ha try growing up in a town called Callahan inthe early ninties.


Shit's Glamorized. My primary music exposure was Garth Brooks and Boyz to Men.
__________________
Fuckabunchanegativity


 


SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2012, 12:10 AM   #54
Chris Lawrence
Moderator
 
Chris Lawrence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: southwest canada
Posts: 1,591
Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
The first time I remember being aware of music as a trend suddenly shifting was as a (pre-death) Nirvana fan circa 1996 when dance music & hip hop became the popular thing to listen to, and I was mocked for still listening to Nirvana (etc) by the very same people who had just months earlier been listening to it too. What perplexed me is that I legitimately enjoyed that music, which is why I listened to it - I hadn't realized so many people had just become "fans" in the aftermath of Kurt's death, and abandoned it for the next big trend to (I guess) stay popular in high school.

Now, I enjoyed Nirvana and Sonic Youth. I was ridiculed for it. I have to consider that these kids may have actually liked that dance/hiphop regardless of whether it was the current trend. I barely gave it a chance, so in many ways I was no better. I remember music being a BIG identifier in my teenage years, whether positive or negative (I always felt I was born about 5 years too late and was basically acting like a kid trying to fit in with the ghost of a peer group that had long passed).

Nowadays, I appreciate music based on whether I listen to it and enjoy it, and that's all. I'm not actively seeking out any of the current popular music, but I can't deny that people enjoy it - and there's nothing wrong with that. Recently Lou Barlow posted a link to the newest Taylor Swift video on Facebook, singing its praises, so I listened & watched and it was actually really good! In my opinion, and apparently Lou Barlow's (and a few million others?). I can see how that would be a big argument in high school, but now it just doesn't matter (although it can be fun to debate musical tastes in a civil manner, I suppose...).

I think I may have had a point when I started, maybe how it's just funny to think back on how much music could drive rivalry in high school. No, I guess what intrigued me more was the idea that people could just change to accommodate a trend, and how that never seemed natural to me...I'm not saying good or bad either way (too late now!), I just find it interesting.

Oh, I remember my actual point. That for some people, music is just a background accessory and not something that defines them, so they will naturally listen to what's popular (and usually what's popular is popular for a reason). People who have a different sort of connection with music are obviously going to seek out things beneath the "popular" surface and listen to things that really excite them. Again, not saying good or bad (I certainly wish I wasn't as obsessive...), just interesting. I can't imagine not being totally fucking obsessed with music.
__________________
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2012, 12:59 AM   #55
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo
 
Bytor Peltor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arlen, Texas
Posts: 5,946
Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
I graduated from High School in 1988. I don't recall music trends for listeners back then. However, I do recall some artist trending in odd directions. Jimmy Page became a member of, The Firm. Rick Ocasek was leaving The Cars and going solo while ZZ Top started using electronic drums.

At the time, in my opinion, there was no "trend" indicating fans were wanting any of this. At the time, ZZ Top fans in Texas were pissed! Of course, we didn't have message boards to sound off on and we had to listen to the radio to hear anything new.

In the mid to late 80's, your willingness to search out anything different placed you in some sort of elitist category. Buying my first Legendary Pink Dot's release didn't make me elitist over others, but my determination to search them out and learn about the group, that made me different from others......others being everyone who was satisfied by simply listening to what was being played on the radio.

Today, can a couple clicks of a mouse make you elitist?
__________________


אש זרה

And John Cage isn't a "mondern noise artist." - atsonicpark

 

 
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2012, 07:38 AM   #56
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo
 
foreverasskiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: somewhere in georgia
Posts: 5,056
foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
The first time I remember being aware of music as a trend suddenly shifting was as a (pre-death) Nirvana fan circa 1996 when dance music & hip hop became the popular thing to listen to, and I was mocked for still listening to Nirvana (etc) by the very same people who had just months earlier been listening to it too. What perplexed me is that I legitimately enjoyed that music, which is why I listened to it - I hadn't realized so many people had just become "fans" in the aftermath of Kurt's death, and abandoned it for the next big trend to (I guess) stay popular in high school.

Now, I enjoyed Nirvana and Sonic Youth. I was ridiculed for it. I have to consider that these kids may have actually liked that dance/hiphop regardless of whether it was the current trend. I barely gave it a chance, so in many ways I was no better. I remember music being a BIG identifier in my teenage years, whether positive or negative (I always felt I was born about 5 years too late and was basically acting like a kid trying to fit in with the ghost of a peer group that had long passed).

Nowadays, I appreciate music based on whether I listen to it and enjoy it, and that's all. I'm not actively seeking out any of the current popular music, but I can't deny that people enjoy it - and there's nothing wrong with that. Recently Lou Barlow posted a link to the newest Taylor Swift video on Facebook, singing its praises, so I listened & watched and it was actually really good! In my opinion, and apparently Lou Barlow's (and a few million others?). I can see how that would be a big argument in high school, but now it just doesn't matter (although it can be fun to debate musical tastes in a civil manner, I suppose...).

I think I may have had a point when I started, maybe how it's just funny to think back on how much music could drive rivalry in high school. No, I guess what intrigued me more was the idea that people could just change to accommodate a trend, and how that never seemed natural to me...I'm not saying good or bad either way (too late now!), I just find it interesting.

Oh, I remember my actual point. That for some people, music is just a background accessory and not something that defines them, so they will naturally listen to what's popular (and usually what's popular is popular for a reason). People who have a different sort of connection with music are obviously going to seek out things beneath the "popular" surface and listen to things that really excite them. Again, not saying good or bad (I certainly wish I wasn't as obsessive...), just interesting. I can't imagine not being totally fucking obsessed with music.

ha. yes sometimes it's no fun and confusing to be a obsessed music geek and the statements you made in the last two paragraphs are so true and disturbing!!!!
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2012, 09:20 AM   #57
EVOLghost
invito al cielo
 
EVOLghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: cybatraz!
Posts: 10,843
EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence

Nowadays, I appreciate music based on whether I listen to it and enjoy it, and that's all.




SY has taught me this.


Just simply listen. Who cares about the rest.
__________________
"Quote as fuck."



 
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2012, 09:21 AM   #58
EVOLghost
invito al cielo
 
EVOLghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: cybatraz!
Posts: 10,843
EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
OH OH and #2. There is no such thing as a "good taste" in music. Everyone's taste is shit, just like yours and just like my taste.
__________________
"Quote as fuck."



 
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2012, 01:41 PM   #59
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly
 
chrome noise tape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Making The Nature Scene
Posts: 937
chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
OH OH and #2. There is no such thing as a "good taste" in music. Everyone's taste is shit, just like yours and just like my taste.

you right there isn't that thing of good taste but also there isn't mine or yours taste is shit. the meaning of taste it's a individual thing and relative.
chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2012, 01:44 PM   #60
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo
 
Rob Instigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In the land of the Instigator
Posts: 25,000
Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
there may not be a rigid definition of what sucks, but there is most definitely an ongoing consensus!!!

I mean, will anyone unearth C&C Music Factory and try to claim them as seminal musicians? NO!
__________________
RXTT's Intellectual Journey - my new blog where I talk about all the books I read.

I'm on TEAM KIM
Rob Instigator is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|


Thread Tools

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth