Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Chelsea Light Moving
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.10.2013, 10:49 AM   #181
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
Its 100% legit. I used it.

Drove up to Toronto yesterday as a friend wanted to go hit the shops on Queen & College streets, got my tix @ Soundscapes... so I'm all set. Glad to see that Soundscapes has abit more vinyl now, its been awhile but the last time i was there they didn't have as much, and is Juno Records a new shop? Got to Rotate This too late as they were closed and didn't reach Moog music to get my fix on guitar effects ...maybe when i'm back up at the end of the month.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2013, 01:25 PM   #182
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by halgreen
In case anyone was wondering, the LP has a different track list than the CD. And the songs on the bonus 7" are on the CD.

What about the download code that comes with the LP + 7" does it let you get ALL songs? Thanks in advance for your reply.

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2013, 01:30 PM   #183
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
What about the download code that comes with the LP + 7" does it let you get ALL songs? Thanks in advance for your reply.

The download code gives you all the songs in mp3 or flac
stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2013, 01:45 PM   #184
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
The download code gives you all the songs in mp3 or flac

Bitchen...

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2013, 03:07 AM   #185
Peterpuff
little trouble girl

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Just got home from the Denton 35 show. They absolutely killed it. Sorry, but I do not feel this recording does their live show justice. It was just...so...brutal, honestly. Really explosive tracks. And 30 minutes of Thurston noise guitar (20 minutes in between sound check and "start," 10 minutes in the encore) was just awesome to see.

As much as I may have wanted to hate on some of these post-SY products, I have to say I am really liking what each member is doing.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2013, 10:26 AM   #186
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
Just got home from the Denton 35 show. They absolutely killed it. Sorry, but I do not feel this recording does their live show justice. It was just...so...brutal, honestly. Really explosive tracks. And 30 minutes of Thurston noise guitar (20 minutes in between sound check and "start," 10 minutes in the encore) was just awesome to see.

As much as I may have wanted to hate on some of these post-SY products, I have to say I am really liking what each member is doing.

Good to hear, the live clips of this band from that recent basement birthday gig sound intense. Thurston is using some different distortion effects to get a more metal-ish tone out of his guitar it seems too.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2013, 03:44 PM   #187
Peterpuff
little trouble girl

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
Good to hear, the live clips of this band from that recent basement birthday gig sound intense. Thurston is using some different distortion effects to get a more metal-ish tone out of his guitar it seems too.

Yep, the distortion mixed with a lot more palm-muting in this band really just tends to club you upside the head, wonderfully. They really do have an awesome "heavy" sound I really enjoyed.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2013, 09:31 PM   #188
hipster_bebop_junkie
invito al cielo

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Somebody better capture this shit:
Quote:
Thursday, 14 March 2013

KEXP presents a LIVE performance with Chelsea Light Moving!

Performing from SXSW in Austin, TX at Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop! If you'll be in the area, we invite you to attend the session at 1:30 PM (CST). This event is FREE, all ages, and open to the public. No badge required!

We'll be broadcasting the session LIVE at 11:30 AM (PST)
on 90.3 FM in Seattle and streaming worldwide at http://KEXP.ORG/

More info: http://blog.kexp.org/sxsw-2013/
Old 03.14.2013, 09:25 AM   #189
jlnpgt
empty page

jlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
7"

1. Heavenmetal
2. Commmunist Eyes

is Communist Eyes a Germs cover ?
jlnpgt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2013, 11:17 AM   #190
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
yup....pat is in austin as well right now
Old 03.14.2013, 02:04 PM   #192
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Not exactly a glowing review...

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2013, 02:13 PM   #193
halgreen
bad moon rising

halgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Is it over already?
halgreen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2013, 03:59 PM   #194
Screaming Skull
bad moon rising

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
I'm listening to the CLM album for this first time this instant and the jam on 'Sleeping Where I Fall' just gave me chills. The lyrics/chorus are kind of corny, but the jam is undeniable. Worth the price of admission, for sure. Next song starting now...
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2013, 01:46 AM   #195
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
They also played an unreleased track called OK STOP GO or something like that
Old 03.15.2013, 01:59 AM   #196
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
They also played an unreleased track called OK STOP GO or something like that

They've been playing a couple of new songs. "No Go" and "Sunday Stage"". You can listen to both here: http://southernshelter.com/2013/03/o...3-08-the-earl/ and here: http://www.nyctaper.com/2013/03/chel...cmp3streaming/
Old 03.17.2013, 05:53 AM   #197
stu666
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelocia
Definitely a mistake. The LP comes with a 7 inch.

It looks like there was also an option for the LP with 7" + CD!
Old 03.17.2013, 07:32 PM   #198
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

Waterloo Records
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...psa7cfd9d9.jpg

Consequence of Sound at the Parish

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ps55589d54.jpg

http://s10.beta.photobucket.com/user...57488.jpg.html
Old 03.18.2013, 03:45 AM   #199
pissonu
empty page

pissonu kicks all y'all's assespissonu kicks all y'all's assespissonu kicks all y'all's assespissonu kicks all y'all's assespissonu kicks all y'all's assespissonu kicks all y'all's assespissonu kicks all y'all's assespissonu kicks all y'all's assespissonu kicks all y'all's assespissonu kicks all y'all's assespissonu kicks all y'all's asses
fuck this band
pissonu is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2013, 05:30 PM   #200
DaveMartin
little trouble girl

DaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
It looks like there was also an option for the LP with 7" + CD!
This is the case in the UK and Europe. The copies pressed in the US have download coupons.

also to be clear: the LP/7" (the 7" is a permanent thing) and the CD have the same tracks, but in a different running order.
DaveMartin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content 2006 Sonic Youth