Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page When the headphones break
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.05.2012, 07:12 PM   #21
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Of course I want to push yer buttons, but not that way. Didn't you read my post that floslo caught right before it's deletion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
mm ,mm....gmku. i'd like to smother you in chocolate covered ants while slowly taking time to lick them off of you, one by one. except the ants are spiders and the chocolate is fecal poo that i've spooned out of my anus.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2012, 07:18 PM   #22
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Only someone as old fashioned as yerself would really go through the hassle of placing yer headphones back in the box after every use. I get it, they'll last A LOT longer...but fuck.

Hmm. So you're so un-materialistic that it's cooler to trash your shit than take care of it. I get it.

Must be nice to afford to be that way.
Old 06.05.2012, 07:38 PM   #23
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Hmm. So you're so un-materialistic that it's cooler to trash your shit than take care of it. I get it.

Must be nice to afford to be that way.

well shit, I never said just toss 'em in the corner either...

"gently" placing them in the box just seemed a bit excessive.
Old 06.05.2012, 07:46 PM   #24
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Okay, well, obviously you're not an audiophile. But whatever. My kids would "borrow" my Beastie Boys CDs, drive around town with the CDs sans case on the floor of their dirty cars, and then wonder why the CDs skipped when they tried to play them.

Different values, I guess.

Or just stupidity.
Old 06.05.2012, 08:28 PM   #25
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Sony or bust
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2012, 08:44 PM   #26
gmku
invito al cielo

Sony. LOL.
Old 06.06.2012, 08:48 AM   #27
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Okay, well, obviously you're not an audiophile. But whatever. My kids would "borrow" my Beastie Boys CDs, drive around town with the CDs sans case on the floor of their dirty cars, and then wonder why the CDs skipped when they tried to play them.

Different values, I guess.

Or just stupidity.

Values.

Objects are fleeting.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2012, 11:36 AM   #28
gmku
invito al cielo

All the more reason you shouldn't be careless with them. I thought kids these days were all concerned about conserving resources. How is not taking care of your shit so you have to replace it all the time in line with that value?

I have great stereo equipment that I've owned from the 70s. I take care of it because it sounds great and I don't want the expense and hassle of replacing it with new products, which I am sure are inferior in quality. I also feel that I am being responsible by not becoming a consumer, i.e., spending money when I don't have to and not contributing to accumulation of more stuff and not disposing of more junk to fill the landfill.

Your "value" is the "old" one, more like how my parents treated everything, i.e., it's disposable, junk, not meant to last, we'll just buy another and another and another.
Old 06.06.2012, 10:55 PM   #29
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
the usual short life span of headphone products certainly has been a source of irritation for myself
have gone through too many over the years to remember them all

most recently a pr of pioneer lasted a couple of yrs
of course the completely over the ear ones naturally feature decent wire insulation and a more secure internal solder

and then it was on to earbuds and dollar earbuds and two pr of goodwill ones for a dollar ea or thereabouts until a couple of months ago after the demise of a lower end model for around twenty or so, i bought some sony wireless for fifty plus tax and am happy with them...so far the only remarkable design flaw seems to be that when they are removed from the charging stand, the LED usually turns off and the power cord has to be popped out and back in... the LED then reappears and the headphones are ready

wary of super high end headphones perhaps in a way much like the inclination many have towards avoiding the purchase of expensive sunglasses
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2012, 11:14 PM   #30
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
I got some pretty good earbuds for about 80 bux from best buy an bought the 8 dollar warranty plan. It lasts fr two years so before it runs out I just break em and go get some new ones free and get a new warranty. So i just pay 8 bux or something every couple years for some pretty good earbuds.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2012, 06:26 AM   #31
gmku
invito al cielo

earbuds are not headphones
Old 06.07.2012, 06:36 AM   #32
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

yeah...I think that's where the confusion was. It just hit me that you guys are talking about shit to plug into a stereo....not a MP3 player or phone or whatevs.
Old 06.07.2012, 06:39 AM   #33
gmku
invito al cielo

Right. REAL headphones. For REAL stereos.
Old 06.07.2012, 03:23 PM   #34
hypertonic
bad moon rising

hypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asses
So you just shit on Sony and then don't give us a reason? I follow what yr saying about taking care of things.. (I'm on the extreme end of babying things) ...but don't leave us hangin'?

Yea, they are near the bottom of studio quality, but they are inexpensive, dependable, and in just about every studio... They are basically cheaper Beyer Dynamics.

AKG's used to be real popular? Not sure where the AKG's are these days... I'm not really into the stylish hipster looking cans popularized in the last 5 years. They have $2-300 phones that AREN'T studio quality. And people buy them to play their 196k mp3's!?

I just go by what's generally in use in studios. I like flat, transparent, mixing quality cans, not ones with crazy bass heavy or weird response curves... flat! So I know my music sounds good, not just my eq-ing, or phones. Good music shouldn't need much of anything. I don't have much experience with the newest higher end stuff cause I haven't needed to even think about phones for 6 years now..

And wtf is a "REAL STEREO"? Your talking silver, right? Cuz I dont use a Pioneer tuner lol. I'm strait analog Mackie board > phones/monitors. Would be kinda cool if I still had my dad's Pioneer though.. :/
hypertonic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2012, 03:43 PM   #35
gmku
invito al cielo

By real stereo I mean components with an amp or receiver and the pieces you need to play your formats (e.g., turntable, tape deck, CD player) and at least 2 "real" speakers, i.e., ones that sit on the floor or at the very least on some shelves and don't look like they came with your laptop.
Old 06.07.2012, 03:46 PM   #36
hypertonic
bad moon rising

hypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asses
I gotcha... but whats the gripe with the Sony's? Mine have lasted so long I'm outta touch...
Old 06.07.2012, 03:50 PM   #37
gmku
invito al cielo

Nothing. I used to have Sony equipment.
Old 06.07.2012, 03:55 PM   #38
hypertonic
bad moon rising

Quote:
I used to have Sony equipment.
LOL.

It's kinda silly to write off an entire company like that... I mean Sony has made some great audio technology, despite being a largely consumer electronics corp. They've made great tape machines, DAT's, MiniDiscs, phones, mics, software... and all sorts of other studio grade technology, so I don't get where your going with that..

Smugness like that is very unbecoming. And here I thought we were having an interesting discussion!

edit - Sorry man, I'm just noticing a lot of people with the attitude "Everything is shit" (irl not here on SYG)and that mideset is really starting to irk me... Things are what you make them. You can create a masterpiece with a Walkman. This sort of ideogolgy is irrelevant.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth