Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Best BBC sessions?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools
Old 03.06.2012, 11:41 AM   #21
stu666
Super Moderator
 
stu666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Stowmarket
Posts: 13,441
stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
E. Noisefield please clear some pms...
__________________

 



http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/


stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2012, 03:53 PM   #22
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly
 
E. Noisefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In the hearts of men
Posts: 886
E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
E. Noisefield please clear some pms...

Clear some pms? You mean erase them? Read them? I don't have many- can't be a capacity issue.

Wait. How do you know how many pms I have?
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2012, 07:15 PM   #23
stu666
Super Moderator
 
stu666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Stowmarket
Posts: 13,441
stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
Clear some pms? You mean erase them? Read them? I don't have many- can't be a capacity issue.

Wait. How do you know how many pms I have?

you can only store 50 private messages at one time and I was trying to send you another so that's how I know how many you have. you can always download all yr pms before you delete them so they won't be lost...
__________________

 



http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/


stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2012, 10:05 AM   #24
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo
 
Keeping It Simple's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,788
Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
It's the norm for bonus tracks to be included on CD reissues. The bonus tracks can include sessions recorded for BBC radio DJs other than John Peel. I've heard sessions recorded for David "Kid" Jensen by bands like Killing Joke and Bauhaus, for example.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2012, 11:58 AM   #25
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,647
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Right. Peel wasn't the only employee of the entire BBC. However, you'll find that most of the more experimental, punk, dance, and independent rock artists worked with him. He was crucial in gaining exposure for a lot of the less traditional bands that others at the BBC may have ignored.

Still there are plenty of other BBC releases out there, but the best ones are the peels.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2012, 10:19 AM   #26
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo
 
Keeping It Simple's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,788
Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Right. Peel wasn't the only employee of the entire BBC. However, you'll find that most of the more experimental, punk, dance, and independent rock artists worked with him. He was crucial in gaining exposure for a lot of the less traditional bands that others at the BBC may have ignored.

Still there are plenty of other BBC releases out there, but the best ones are the peels.

I couldn't agree more.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2012, 03:55 AM   #27
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,065
Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Mozilla says those utkonos sites are attacking sites and not let me open them anymore. Are those 1 & 3 Peel Sessions in some other sites?
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2012, 12:43 PM   #28
stu666
Super Moderator
 
stu666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Stowmarket
Posts: 13,441
stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Mozilla says those utkonos sites are attacking sites and not let me open them anymore. Are those 1 & 3 Peel Sessions in some other sites?

try switching to internet explorer, they work fine for me...
__________________

 



http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/


stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2012, 01:05 PM   #29
demonrail666
invito al cielo
 
demonrail666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Black Lagoon
Posts: 16,579
demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
It's the norm for bonus tracks to be included on CD reissues. The bonus tracks can include sessions recorded for BBC radio DJs other than John Peel. I've heard sessions recorded for David "Kid" Jensen by bands like Killing Joke and Bauhaus, for example.

Andy Kershaw also had some excellent sessions. By the 90s, I'd say that in many ways he was a far more interesting DJ than Peel.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2012, 03:23 AM   #30
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,065
Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
try switching to internet explorer, they work fine for me...
Well, I have only Mozilla...
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2012, 03:51 AM   #31
Pookie
invito al cielo
 
Pookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,949
Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Andy Kershaw also had some excellent sessions. By the 90s, I'd say that in many ways he was a far more interesting DJ than Peel.
Agreed. I'm certainly not knocking Peel because his show was a massively important part of my childhood, but his musical tastes definitely seemed to get less adventurous in the 90s (or maybe mine just got more adventurous?!).
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2012, 10:22 AM   #32
demonrail666
invito al cielo
 
demonrail666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Black Lagoon
Posts: 16,579
demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I think he lost some of his importance once Grunge and Britpop hit the mainstream in the mid 90s, being forced to celebrate a kind of obscurity-for-its-own-sake in an effort simply to stay relevant. Kershaw became more interesting for me because he was more willing to look further afield and wasn't so bound to Peel's ultimately quite post-punk-inspired idea of what cutting edge contemporary music 'should' be. But as you say, that's not to undermine his enormous importance overall. Although by the time he started championing The White Stripes I'd pretty much given up on him altogether.

Not in the same league in terms of significance, but I've always thought Janice Long has been quite overlooked; she played a vital role boosting those bands that weren't quite marginal enough for Peel but which (at that time, anyway) weren't mainstream enough for the daytime playlist, groups like The The, etc who might've otherwise found themselves lost in that massive no-mans-land that existed during the 80s, between Peel and Simon Bates. (Although, as KIS mentions, David Kid Jensen was also pretty good in that regard).
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2012, 12:22 PM   #33
stu666
Super Moderator
 
stu666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Stowmarket
Posts: 13,441
stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Well, I have only Mozilla...

well get internet explorer as well then, it only takes a few seconds... even if you only use it to download the files you want.
__________________

 



http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/


stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2012, 06:49 AM   #34
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,065
Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
well get internet explorer as well then, it only takes a few seconds... even if you only use it to download the files you want.
I think Mozilla is the only one thatīs not cost anything.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2012, 06:52 AM   #35
stu666
Super Moderator
 
stu666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Stowmarket
Posts: 13,441
stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I think Mozilla is the only one thatīs not cost anything.

internet explorer is free! like google chrome and all the rest. I don't know any that you have to pay for....
__________________

 



http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/


stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2012, 04:03 AM   #36
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,065
Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
internet explorer is free! like google chrome and all the rest. I don't know any that you have to pay for....

My explorer went out of date years ago and then Mozilla was the only free. Or then there was some other problem and I couldnīt download it. I have also heard Mozilla is safier than explorer. Maybe there arenīt any safety problems with those sites, but itīs also possible there are. Anyway I donīt like to listen music from the computer. Of course itīs sad if I never heard those great tunes again. I hope they will some time release them in vinyl!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2012, 12:18 PM   #37
stu666
Super Moderator
 
stu666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Stowmarket
Posts: 13,441
stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
My explorer went out of date years ago and then Mozilla was the only free. Or then there was some other problem and I couldnīt download it. I have also heard Mozilla is safier than explorer. Maybe there arenīt any safety problems with those sites, but itīs also possible there are. Anyway I donīt like to listen music from the computer. Of course itīs sad if I never heard those great tunes again. I hope they will some time release them in vinyl!

look, I don't get what yr problem is. I've told you what you need to do... I help people on here all the time but you could easily help yrself this time by downloading internet explorer just use it to get the tracks you want then switch back to mozila. It's not gonna fuck yr computer up...

up to you man.
__________________

 



http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/


stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2012, 08:54 AM   #38
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,065
Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
look, I don't get what yr problem is. I've told you what you need to do... I help people on here all the time but you could easily help yrself this time by downloading internet explorer just use it to get the tracks you want then switch back to mozila. It's not gonna fuck yr computer up...

up to you man.
My problem is that I donīt want to spend too much time with the computer because I have lots of more interesting things to do in my life. Almost all the time some people or program have said "it just take a minute to you to download this" it has taken at least an hour. SYG is the only gossib where I am regulary and thatīs only because SY is the most imporartant band to me. I really like those Peel tunes, but theyīre still just few songs. If Mozilla doesnīt play them then it doesnīt. I donīt believe I will have ever all the stuff SY or itīs members have made anyway.

Also, there are lots of criminals in the internet (I think you know also). Maybe they canīt fuck my computer up, but they can have my personal information like the number of my credit card. Maybe you have a rich dad who pays your bills if youīre fucked up with the internet, but I have to pay my bills myself.

Originally I just asked you, were these songs in some other sites, not asked you how could I listen them from those utkonos sites. Anyway you donīt have to help me anymore
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2012, 02:22 PM   #39
sonic sphere
invito al cielo
 
sonic sphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Posts: 4,429
sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
^
i hope you are fucked up with the internet 3 times. and that your credit card refuses to allow you to purchase items for 10 years you ungrateful prick!
__________________
"trolling asshat" - All Hail WATT

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2012, 05:08 PM   #40
stu666
Super Moderator
 
stu666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Stowmarket
Posts: 13,441
stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
My problem is that I donīt want to spend too much time with the computer because I have lots of more interesting things to do in my life. Almost all the time some people or program have said "it just take a minute to you to download this" it has taken at least an hour. SYG is the only gossib where I am regulary and thatīs only because SY is the most imporartant band to me. I really like those Peel tunes, but theyīre still just few songs. If Mozilla doesnīt play them then it doesnīt. I donīt believe I will have ever all the stuff SY or itīs members have made anyway.

Also, there are lots of criminals in the internet (I think you know also). Maybe they canīt fuck my computer up, but they can have my personal information like the number of my credit card. Maybe you have a rich dad who pays your bills if youīre fucked up with the internet, but I have to pay my bills myself.

Originally I just asked you, were these songs in some other sites, not asked you how could I listen them from those utkonos sites. Anyway you donīt have to help me anymore

I don't have a rich dad, but I'm sure most credit card companies will refund you any money if yr card is used fradulently. As long as you have good internet security and are careful when you log into sites then you should be ok anyway and it will protect you if you are using mozilla, internet explorer or chrome... it sounds like you are ultra paranoid! there's crimanals everywhere, does that stop you using yr credit card in shops etc...?
__________________

 



http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/


stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|


Thread Tools

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth