Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Do you have a band?????
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.03.2010, 05:39 PM   #1161
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
lemme add to the shit no one reads, we got our cd reviewed by performer magazine. they titled our music "Embracive, and charming, hypnotic rock".

Mama Lion- Gamble, Gamble, Die. EP
For their first EP, this three-piece indie
rock group has created a four-song album that
has a respectable mix of styles. From mellow
acoustic grooves that build with fuzzed-out
rock, to upbeat rhythms accompanied with
feverish guitars twanging away, each one of the
tracks seems to have A and B parts to it, with a
surprise change in mood at the end. The songs
will run along, picking up new parts and adding
them on as it steam rolls to its finish.
The vocals, provided by Hannah Frances
Healy, are graceful and fit accordingly to the
progression of the songs. In the opening track,
“F and M Retreat,” the sound of her voice seems
to be coming from the other side of a long
distance call – or if Karen O had called from
Hubble Telescope. “My Back Hurts Caveman”
contains a smoothing mix of post-rock vibes and
vocals that swoon over the arpeggiated chords.
Most of the lyrical content is softly poetic
without being too overbearing. Lines such as
“Four leaf clover strapped to black cat” and
“No questions left for the blissful dead” set
the tone and imagery to the songs. The other
members of the band produce great harmonies
and share lyrics in a back-and-forth manner.
(self-released)
XBilly SeidelX www.myspace.com/mamalionmusic

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2010, 10:07 PM   #1162
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
The Video of Dead Air Fresheners w/ Jennifer Robin from Fri night at the Olympia Experimental Music Fest:

http://vimeo.com/12539379
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2010, 07:04 PM   #1163
el duderino
bad moon rising

el duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's asses
if you're into stoner doom check out our new music video:
I'm the drummer kid lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twh-I...layer_embedded
el duderino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2010, 02:04 PM   #1164
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
The Harlequins doing Radiofriendly Unitshifter

http://vimeo.com/13028414
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2010, 02:47 PM   #1165
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
The Harlequins doing Radiofriendly Unitshifter

http://vimeo.com/13028414
Awesome. Nicely shot as well.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2010, 03:45 PM   #1166
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks! It was kind of unprepared (didnt learn the bridge) and I didnt have anything besides an overdrive and big muff pedal so its a bit tame...but I still think it was a fun thing to close our set with at a punk fest.

The guy who shot it did a great job, I dont know him too well but apparently we went to highschool together. Weird how that works
Old 07.08.2010, 09:33 PM   #1167
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses

Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2010, 02:37 AM   #1168
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

Nice deadair!!!

Hey guys and girls, could I get your opinion on some promo shots? Which one out of these 3 or 4 do you think would be the best shot for the papers/etc. for an upcoming music festival we're playing...

or

or

or

Any honest opinions would be extremely helpful! Most of you know what we sound like now..if that helps visually
Old 07.09.2010, 08:38 AM   #1169
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
I like the way the last one looks. It's kinda nostolgic feelin

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2010, 10:32 AM   #1170
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

That is definitely one of my favs for the same reason, but do you think it would be good enough for newspapers/the websites/etc? Im kind of leaning towards the couch pic...need more opinions
Old 07.09.2010, 10:40 AM   #1171
TheFoxBen
expwy. to yr skull

TheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's asses
You guys look like an indie folk band on the third picture

I would say the two first pics are the best (I like the second pic better, awesome faces)

TheFoxBen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2010, 10:53 AM   #1172
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
i like number 2

that i do have a band with no name, we're practicing in an hour
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2010, 01:36 PM   #1173
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
That is definitely one of my favs for the same reason, but do you think it would be good enough for newspapers/the websites/etc? Im kind of leaning towards the couch pic...need more opinions

couch was my 2nd pick cause you can see everyone yr backs not to the camera and its got action in the picture

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2010, 02:18 PM   #1174
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

Ok, thanks guys. This helped narrow it down a bit. good luck with practice Satan!!
Old 07.09.2010, 02:28 PM   #1175
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
if it's not to late I go for number 2 the single snapshots. It show different personalities which make for an interesting band if you get my drift. Someone for everyone to relate too.
Old 07.09.2010, 02:29 PM   #1176
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

^^ya, i came up with that idea too, cuz we're all 3 completely different types of ppl. And it's not too late! Thanks
Old 07.12.2010, 02:32 PM   #1177
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

This one is kind of winning me over at the moment...for those of you who picked number 2...do you still like it better than this?

Old 07.12.2010, 03:42 PM   #1178
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
^ I'd go with that one, or the first of the 3 pics (on the couch). The one on the porch isn't as good, because you can't see everyone's face...and I just flat-out HATE the second one; you guys all look kinda dopey in it.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2010, 04:12 PM   #1179
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
The couch and the 'nostalgic looking' ones are my choices.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2010, 01:46 PM   #1180
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
i see the choices you made for your photos have made their way to your myspace mr. ddd. good form.

here is a live vid of us playing at our farewell for now show (moving to spain for 9 months to teach english) but i think the rawk still comes through. peep it if you would!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sY5ngbP-Bs
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
49565758 59 60616269 > »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth