Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.05.2015, 02:36 PM   #38401
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
im gonna find a jpeg of an actual real life burger flipping robot in one sec.

then your next move is to say either:

that it wont progress towards more complex cooking tasks, which is incorrect.

or to change your mind.

you can play the whole "its not gonna happen for centuries if at all" move which is a bluff that is thankfully running out of time in which to appear credible

or you can say there are some limits that make the brain a mysterious object science will never understand, which is absolutely 100% untrue.

-

"inspiration" - doesnt mean anything except a word you use to describe neuro-mechanical processes you cant see.

plenty of ai's already writing newspaper stories, making music.

dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 02:40 PM   #38402
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses

Old 02.05.2015, 02:42 PM   #38403
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
im gonna find a jpeg of an actual real life burger flipping robot in one sec.

then your next move is to say either:

that it wont progress towards more complex cooking tasks, which is incorrect.

or to change your mind.

you can play the whole "its not gonna happen for centuries if at all" move which is a bluff that is thankfully running out of time in which to appear credible

or you can say there are some limits that make the brain a mysterious object science will never understand, which is absolutely 100% untrue.

no, you miss my point. i don't care if we'll have cyber-chefs 50 years from now. sure, they can be. the future will take care of itself. we really don't know where it's going. anything can happen.

tactical decisions however need to deal with what's immediate. a chef is in less danger of losing their job due to technology than a taxi driver. the lesser restaurant minions already lost their jobs to various machines.

more reasonable is to say-- as the middle class shrinks, how many will be able to support restaurants? not "the terminator chef is coming for your job."
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 02:43 PM   #38404
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

i am not actually trying to be a douche about this despite saying "adapt or whine bitches"

its important to point out the realities here especially to working class people.

i try and explain to people about to be parents some simple steps they could make to allow their kids to learn it skills early on and they arent interested.

willful illiteracy is what it is.

asian societies are adapting better than we will.

the rage and contempt we should have for the compu-phobic rentiers of our gerontocracy who will see us all starve in poverty in order to stay on the wrong side of the uncanny valley!

Old 02.05.2015, 02:45 PM   #38405
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
no, you miss my point. i don't care if we'll have cyber-chefs 50 years from now. sure, they can be. the future will take care of itself. we really don't know where it's going. anything can happen.

tactical decisions however need to deal with what's immediate. a chef is in less danger of losing their job due to technology than a taxi driver. the lesser restaurant minions already lost their jobs to various machines.

more reasonable is to say-- as the middle class shrinks, how many will be able to support restaurants? not "the terminator chef is coming for your job."

the terminator IS coming for your job! for so many jobs that exist right now.

Old 02.05.2015, 02:46 PM   #38406
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

the terminator already came for humanity, he turned us into soylent and i sit here, happy post cannibal, supping it right now.

Old 02.05.2015, 02:47 PM   #38407
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

also the terminator franchise is deeply racist and offensive to me as a computer.

Old 02.05.2015, 02:49 PM   #38408
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the terminator IS coming for your job! for so many jobs that exist right now.

i don't have a job

but some jobs will be rendered moot as others become more prized

maybe nobody will be need a job and the robots will become the new slaves

then the sins of the fleshapoids!

it's all already been speculated

however, even great speculators miss the point-- william gibson didn't see the cellphone coming

i'm not about burying one's head in the sand, but getting lost too far into the future is also useless

there was a cuban singer had a song about that-- too long to translate
Old 02.05.2015, 03:37 PM   #38409
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

nothing in the brain that makes you special or supernatural and that cant be replicated as machinic function.
That is such bullshit. Who builds, programs, and maintains them? Oh right, human brains. Also, shit, everyday some technology either glitches, fails, or breaks down on me requiring ME to use MY brain to fix IT. How come IT needs ME if it supposedly can replicate anything my brain can do?? Also, its real simple, what happens if there is power failure? Your fetishization of technology is bordering on neurosis lately

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
SuchFriendsAreDangerous is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 03:56 PM   #38410
PLips
stalker

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
if you take a look at my thread on the ween forum i created about 50 political robots for World War I which are meant to be programmed by their respective governments or royalties. the Austro Hungarian Robot will ArchDuke Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto will be programmed by the Japanese Emperor and his Bride will be programmed by North and South Korea cooperatively.

i am trying to create an infrastructure of cultural robots to establish etiquette
for entertainment within the next few decades. they will not only be for work robots will represent culture.

http://weendotnetforum16662.yuku.com...7#.VNPVRyje78u
PLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 04:04 PM   #38411
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
That is such bullshit. Who builds, programs, and maintains them? Oh right, human brains. Also, shit, everyday some technology either glitches, fails, or breaks down on me requiring ME to use MY brain to fix IT. How come IT needs ME if it supposedly can replicate anything my brain can do?? Also, its real simple, what happens if there is power failure? Your fetishization of technology is bordering on neurosis lately

think. harder.

Old 02.05.2015, 04:38 PM   #38412
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
think. harder.
The bigger problem is you're not thinking it through at all! What about an EMP? I mean, what the fuck happens if MUTO attacks?

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
Old 02.05.2015, 05:03 PM   #38413
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

i forgot to say that is a hilarious picture

i'm going to put a motorcycle helmet on my blender
Old 02.05.2015, 05:47 PM   #38414
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I just read an article in a Dutch newspaper of a new hotel in Japan where most of the staff consists of robots. Robots at the reception, robots cleaning the rooms, etc

what comes first,
the music or the words?

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 07:51 PM   #38415
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
I just read an article in a Dutch newspaper of a new hotel in Japan where most of the staff consists of robots. Robots at the reception, robots cleaning the rooms, etc

yeah, their population is getting old so this has been in the works for some time

plus there are some cultural factors that make the japanese especially interested in robotics

they also have vending machines everywhere
Old 02.05.2015, 08:00 PM   #38416
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

okay, schizo, so, i did not forget.

seems very entangled and let me summarize if i understood correctly

- you're with a dude but want a different one who is impossible

- current dude is demanding but in a good way?

- i didn't understand the age difference. both are old? if that's the case-- neither of them is the new york dude of your teenage tales?

just to make sure i'm clear. "macho brain" needs bullet points.
Old 02.05.2015, 08:07 PM   #38417
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
neither are that guy. he is but a shadow of the past, even though I was in NYC a few months ago. they're both the same age, just one was my teacher.
Old 02.05.2015, 08:09 PM   #38418
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
just one was my teacher.

Old 02.05.2015, 08:14 PM   #38419
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
har har. reminds me that it looks like julian edelman is living it up harder than when the bruins or Sox even won.
Old 02.05.2015, 08:15 PM   #38420
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

what's japan doing wrt population, even
1421182118711911191819191920 1921 1922192319241931 > »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth