Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.10.2014, 09:55 PM   #38201
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Congrats - sounds like it was a success! Can we see the playlist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
My first solo stint as a DJ went really well. Had a visual playlist that went along with the songs. I just really wanted to show Das Cabinet Des Dr. Caligari with fitting songs to back it up. Apparently it was a hit. I think DJing might just become one of my main hobbies.

אש זרה

And John Cage isn't a "mondern noise artist." - atsonicpark

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2014, 05:14 AM   #38202
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Exile on Forsyth Street: Pussy Galore's Park Bench FOUND

http://vassifer.blogs.com/alexinnyc/...nch-found.html

I used to obsess over that photo.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2014, 06:43 AM   #38203
Antagon
the end of the ugly

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Congrats - sounds like it was a success! Can we see the playlist?

Thanks! Sure. Unfortunately my final list got lost due to a faulty save but I still got the original corpus. It's pretty close to what my final list looked like but I put in a few other songs when I got requests, exchanged a few things etc. as the evening progressed. But for the most part it remained very close to what you see in the following screenshots.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2014, 06:47 AM   #38204
Antagon
the end of the ugly

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
And this was my visual playlist. Descriptions are in German though:

Very nerdy correction: The last codec conversation was not with GW as GW had already been destroyed at that time. Mea Culpa!

Old 11.11.2014, 07:15 AM   #38205
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
^^^ Big props for starting with, Death In June.

I also appreciate the fact you maneuver from Duran Duran to Art Zoyd with just two groups......love the randomness of it all - thanks for sharing!

אש זרה

Old 11.11.2014, 08:39 AM   #38206
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
noone knows yet.

got a call from our ministry of economics. got in. i think. from smth i had applied 3 yrs ago. i ll know more tomorrow.

not the ideal position. on the contrary.
the ideal for me in 'my' field, is smth that would involve statistics, generally macroeconomics, smth that will involve minimum contact with people. smth in research. or in risk management.
but have to accept it. of course.
if only to make my parents happy again and for me to be financially independent again. and then we ll see. coz i will have a plan.

my only concern is not to lose myself. because apart from all anxiety and pressure regarding financial insecurity and pressure and pressure, i was really happy with myself. i knew what was important in life.
painting wont stop of course.
some other things will change.

but you know..should check out what that job means first and if its a 100% sure thing. (it is).
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2014, 09:16 AM   #38207
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
best of luck nefeli. just another step in the path of life

I'm on TEAM KIM
Rob Instigator is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2014, 11:18 PM   #38208
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Growing Up With Religious Parents

אש זרה

Old 11.12.2014, 02:27 AM   #38209
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
best of luck nefeli. just another step in the path of life

yes, thank you Rob.
Old 11.12.2014, 03:46 AM   #38210
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
our ministry of economics.

You still have one of those over there?
Kidding.
Make the best of it.
It's just work.
You're more than that.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2014, 09:26 AM   #38211
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
You still have one of those over there?
Kidding.
Make the best of it.
It's just work.
You're more than that.

thank you dear. and i ll try.

one position that intrigued me, the only actually, is called:
control center of BIG WEALTH tax payers.

fuck it. i ll do what i have to and as long as i can.

i m lucky i have you people here supporting me regarding art. coz in real life, i dont get that much. i mean from my people. not in the sense you do, which is as i need it. in the sense of being understood (not praised etc).
Old 11.12.2014, 09:52 AM   #38212
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
You are a brilliant artist.
And lots of us lead double lives.I know you can handle it.
Those guys in Incapacitants are bankers, and the High Rise guitarist was a securities firm vice president.

Survival is important. But pressure does suck.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2014, 10:05 AM   #38213
Nefeli
invito al cielo

the work itself, i hope, i think i will be able to handle it.
the interaction again with assholes, on that i have zero tolerance. done it for 17 yrs and i m terrified of it. i hope i ll be lucky. its one of the few things i believe luck has smth to do with; with what kind of coworkers one ends up with.

and it was a coincidence. i somehow listened to incapacitants, yesterday in the morning. opened and closed a page for the so - called box strategy (derivatives/ box is stupid compilation). and then got that call.
Old 11.12.2014, 10:12 AM   #38214
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Ah yes. Co workers, family and neighbors are three things that can make your life great or miserable, and three things none of us have any control over. I have usually been lucky, but the times when I have not have been pretty awful.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2014, 10:21 AM   #38215
Antagon
the end of the ugly

Person I study with: So you like cats even though you're allergic to them?
Me: Yeah
PISW: How?
Me: Well, I guess everyone has got something they really like but that isn't exactly healthy for them.
PISW: No, not me
Me: Really? There's nothing?
PISW: Nope
Me: Come on, you've never been in love?
PISW: ...
Me: Well, consider yourself lucky then
PISW: I do

Is my point of view just fucked up or am I right in raising an eyebrow/to call BS on this one?

Old 11.12.2014, 10:54 AM   #38216
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Is my point of view just fucked up or am I right in raising an eyebrow/to call BS on this one?

the other person is being deliberately dense.

Quote:
the work itself, i hope, i think i will be able to handle it.
the interaction again with assholes, on that i have zero tolerance. done it for 17 yrs and i m terrified of it. i hope i ll be lucky. its one of the few things i believe luck has smth to do with; with what kind of coworkers one ends up with.

and it was a coincidence. i somehow listened to incapacitants, yesterday in the morning. opened and closed a page for the so - called box strategy (derivatives/ box is stupid compilation). and then got that call.

i think i know what you mean. i hate people. well, not all of them, but many. i have little patience left. maybe you can find a place where they leave you alone with your toughts. i know it's hard. they have all the stuff we need and we have to go to them to get it. i still haven't solved this one. i'm working on it though.

the other thing to watch out for i suppose is to avoid matching your spending with your income. everybody needs some "fuck you" money, especially those who aren't there voluntarily. take the money and run.

there is a guy who says if you can live on 25% of your income you can retire in 7 years: http://earlyretirementextreme.com/bo...he-matrix.html

7 years is a long time but it's better than 40, right?

wait, i think he's now saying 5. even better.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2014, 10:32 AM   #38217
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the other person is being deliberately dense.

i think i know what you mean. i hate people. well, not all of them, but many. i have little patience left. maybe you can find a place where they leave you alone with your toughts. i know it's hard. they have all the stuff we need and we have to go to them to get it. i still haven't solved this one. i'm working on it though.

the other thing to watch out for i suppose is to avoid matching your spending with your income. everybody needs some "fuck you" money, especially those who aren't there voluntarily. take the money and run.

there is a guy who says if you can live on 25% of your income you can retire in 7 years: http://earlyretirementextreme.com/bo...he-matrix.html

7 years is a long time but it's better than 40, right?

wait, i think he's now saying 5. even better.

heh of course thats on my mind. it also was when i said i ll have a plan.
there are drawbacks because of the very low salaries nowadays, but yeah.
it even has crossed my mind to lie to people that i earn less money than the actual low number, so i wont have to explain myself all the time.
and cudos for the blog. started reading some entries today. thank you.
Old 11.13.2014, 01:32 PM   #38218
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
heh of course thats on my mind. it also was when i said i ll have a plan.
there are drawbacks because of the very low salaries nowadays, but yeah.
it even has crossed my mind to lie to people that i earn less money than the actual low number, so i wont have to explain myself all the time.
and cudos for the blog. started reading some entries today. thank you.
that is great. i'm glad you like it. break a leg!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2014, 04:06 PM   #38219
Antagon
the end of the ugly

Nostalgia Thursday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzAEB2a6pX0

Old 11.13.2014, 06:06 PM   #38220
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Woke up form a days slumber to a freezing house (66' inside)......thankfully it was just a tripped breaker.

It's going to be in the upper 20's tonight

אש זרה

1411181118611901190819091910 1911 191219131914 >
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth