Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.05.2014, 01:03 PM   #37481
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
wow. i literally havent seen that episode, and ive seen all the old ones

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dead_battery again.

I tried to find a video link for you but Simpsons are like the NFL or Courtney Love's Nirvana, they be strict on the licensing yo

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2014, 01:05 PM   #37482
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
okay i read your prior comments re: mucus, crying, etc, and it sounds like you could use a sauna. not that it's a cure-all or anything but with such level of congestion some intense heat should help you melt some of it. though if you're too toxic you might faint.

i coughed for something like 8 months straight after i last quit smoking. not thick loogies or anything, just a cough cough cough itchy throat cough cough dry throat cough. really annoying. oh yeah the saline spray helped rid of it for good. i probably was left with post-nasal drip.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2014, 01:08 PM   #37483
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
yes, ive suspected a sauna would work but i dont have access to one unfortunately.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2014, 01:09 PM   #37484
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yes, ive suspected a sauna would work but i dont have access to one unfortunately.

did i read above you're homeless now? or was that before?
Old 04.05.2014, 01:12 PM   #37485
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
that was ages ago.
Old 04.05.2014, 01:12 PM   #37486
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, if you're congested a netti pot will NOT work. Your sinuses will be too swollen.. You just got to ride it out. Do you have a sinus infection? If so take some OTC cold medicines which will relieve the symptoms, reduce the swelling, and dry out your nasal passages which will allow your body to clear up the virus/infection..

The downside? If its a sinus infection it could up to three months.....

I got lucky, I had a sinus infection and it cleared up in just 3 weeks.. it was still a fucking torturous three weeks which I thought would never end, felt like was stuck at the bottom of the pool.

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
Old 04.05.2014, 01:14 PM   #37487
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
that was ages ago.

ah, good to know. phew!
Old 04.05.2014, 01:15 PM   #37488
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

you guys might think im talking crap - but ive had this for at least 10 years.

seriously. i have constant mucus coming up, flem, heavy sticky stuff. all day long. its been with me since i was a teenager. if it was an infection surely it would have gone by now?

like i have been coughing up/spitting out/swallowing this crap for over 10 years

my nose is broken so its possible the tubes are blocked or something.

theres definitely something wrong!
Old 04.05.2014, 01:16 PM   #37489
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

seriously. i have constant mucus coming up, flem, heavy sticky stuff. all day long. its been with me since i was a teenager. if it was an infection surely it would have gone by now?

like i have been coughing up/spitting out/swallowing this crap for over 10 years

i don't think you're bullshitting, but you're a smoker. isn't it obvious?
Old 04.05.2014, 01:17 PM   #37490
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

it is, but ive quit for like 9 months and it doesnt go away.
Old 04.05.2014, 01:19 PM   #37491
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
it is, but ive quit for like 9 months and it doesnt go away.

wait, didn't you say 2 pages back that you can't quit?
Old 04.05.2014, 01:22 PM   #37492
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

ive done it before, many times.

eventually something happens to me - sometimes it happens after a few days, sometimes after a few months. i basically break down into total depression and get really really really fucked up mentally. something happens to my brain. its just not something that i can get through without smoking. like i feel close to a total psychotic breakdown.

when i had quit for 9 months and this happened and i first had a smoke i literally felt a wave go through my body and my fucking POSTURE completely changed. there is some serious fucked up shit in my system
Old 04.05.2014, 01:22 PM   #37493
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

I ain't doubting you in the slightest, and I sympathize, I've had a nasal drip my ENTIRE life and it gets so bad sometimes I'm choking on it, gasping for breath. When I get a chest cold the drip gets so bad so that I wake up coughing shit for hours. As to the infection going away, not necessarily, but that is what the netti pot crowd preaches, nasal irrigation helps rinse out the kind of shit that might be collecting in your nasal cavities causing the problem. You may have something as you've said, more structurally wrong, but you'd also have to ask yourself, "Is it worth surgery?"

Old 04.05.2014, 01:37 PM   #37494
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
ive done it before, many times.

eventually something happens to me - sometimes it happens after a few days, sometimes after a few months. i basically break down into total depression and get really really really fucked up mentally. something happens to my brain. its just not something that i can get through without smoking. like i feel close to a total psychotic breakdown.

when i had quit for 9 months and this happened and i first had a smoke i literally felt a wave go through my body and my fucking POSTURE completely changed. there is some serious fucked up shit in my system

yeah the body doesn't detox right away from heavy smoking. i just mentioned before that it took me 8 months to rid of a minor cough-- and i wasn't even a heavy smoker.

now, re: the changes. i'm not saying that you're a schizophrenic, but schizophrenics self-medicate with cigarettes. i'm saying this as an analogy-- not to diagnose you.

this is why i suggested observing the payoff of your smoking habit. maybe you do have something for which you're unconsciously self-medicating. this is why wellbutrin (a dopaminergic) is used to help smokers quit-- it's a replacement for at least one of the functions of tobacco (not all).

i naturally have adhd and a tendency towards depression. it's genetic, i can observe it in some of my relatives. lots of heavy smokers on my mom's side--- as well as adhd. i used to do the same but i didn't know i had adhd-- now we know. but in order to quit smoking i have to self-medicate in non-toxic/less toxic ways, or hack/manage my condition, in order to function better.

this of course sounds very fucking complicated but whoever said life is supposed to be easy was fucking lying.
Old 04.05.2014, 01:45 PM   #37495
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

!@#$%!, by what he's saying, I think its something worse than just bad smokers' cough. I used to smoke rollies so I had a cough worse than Felicia in Next Friday yo.. I think he has something else and perhaps the tobacco smoke is just aggravating it. Either way, sucks.

The human body is weird, it has a lot of flaws, but its all we got, and learning to readjust to the quarks and nuances of our own individual bodies is sort of what life is about. The struggle of learning to navigate our own skin...

Old 04.05.2014, 01:52 PM   #37496
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeah the body doesn't detox right away from heavy smoking. i just mentioned before that it took me 8 months to rid of a minor cough-- and i wasn't even a heavy smoker.

now, re: the changes. i'm not saying that you're a schizophrenic, but schizophrenics self-medicate with cigarettes. i'm saying this as an analogy-- not to diagnose you.

this is why i suggested observing the payoff of your smoking habit. maybe you do have something for which you're unconsciously self-medicating. this is why wellbutrin (a dopaminergic) is used to help smokers quit-- it's a replacement for at least one of the functions of tobacco (not all).

i naturally have adhd and a tendency towards depression. it's genetic, i can observe it in some of my relatives. lots of heavy smokers on my mom's side--- as well as adhd. i used to do the same but i didn't know i had adhd-- now we know. but in order to quit smoking i have to self-medicate in non-toxic/less toxic ways, or hack/manage my condition, in order to function better.

this of course sounds very fucking complicated but whoever said life is supposed to be easy was fucking lying.

thanks man, i might try wellbutrin.

i really wanted to become schizophrenic after reading too much r.d.laing at a young and impressionable age and hoping for a way to get more benefits from the government.

im at least schizoid.
Old 04.05.2014, 02:03 PM   #37497
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
thanks man, i might try wellbutrin.

i really wanted to become schizophrenic after reading too much r.d.laing at a young and impressionable age and hoping for a way to get more benefits from the government.

im at least schizoid.

well no, i wouldn't say try wellbutrin just like that because i don't know your condition. who knows what you're self-medicating for-- you need a full diagnosis not a wild guess (even if doctors guess, they make educated guesses-- they also, if they are decent, listen for patient feedback, e.g., "that pill doesn't work for me/ that pill works")

different conditions require different meds/regimes. think of cigarettes as a very primitive and filthy medication (lots of side effects) for an undiagnosed condition. this century has more refined/precise meds with less side effects, but they require proper diagnosis. i no longer need meds, i manage my condition "naturally" but i have an accurate diagnosis and my condition is not terrible in my context (i have worked to build my context).

i have a friend who married a schizoid dude (schizoid, not schizophrenic). he used to drink a lot, she says. if he takes his meds, however, he doesn't drink. i don't know that he takes wellbutrin though-- he takes meds for his schizoid condition.

get off the cigs and then go see a proper brain doctor when you have your symptoms. if you go as a smoker they might not be able to diagnose because you're self-medicated. makes sense? or yes, maybe you can quit with a wellbutrin xl prescription, then see what changes. talk to a doctor.

i have helped my doctors with careful self-observation and reporting. "this shit works, this shit doesn't, i think i'm taking too much" etc. i was given lithium once and it made me goofy i called the guy he said stop taking it. with the same guy i noticed that antidepressants + cigarettes + coffee + sunlight = too much antidepressant (for me). so you have to observe your brain. keep notes/keep a diary. i'm not joking.

alright gotta go right now but best wishes there.
Old 04.05.2014, 02:28 PM   #37498
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

doctors = been there done that got the irreversible side effects.

done the diary. tried med after med. read about the faked test results for ssri's, met the blank stares of nhs staff. different member of staff talks to me, recommends X med based on my symptoms, later that day another member of staff recommends Y after i say the same thing. this goes on endlessly. fuck them and their bad science
Old 04.05.2014, 03:22 PM   #37499
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
doctors = been there done that got the irreversible side effects.

While that sucks, in a way I'm glad you said that because I was just about to post to tell you that !@#$%! is giving good advice about doctors but personally I don't think wellburtrin or any other antidepressant therapy is good method to quit smoking because those drugs (a) often carry side-effects and (b) these drugs usually can't just be stopped, so they in a way they are addictive as well.

Old 04.05.2014, 07:09 PM   #37500
an evening with viewtiful
bad moon rising

an evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's asses
What helped me to quit (been good for over a year now):

Tabulate what you spend on them a month, week, whatever and put it in a bank account at each respective time interval (month, week, you get it) and make it a bank account that you can't touch.

It gives you a pretty nice little fund for something cool after a while, and it removes your means to buy the shit anyways (provided, that is, that you live on an inflexible income).

It may seem like sort of namby pamby advice, but it's helped both myself and a friend to quit.
an evening with viewtiful is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
1375177518251865187218731874 1875 1876187718781885 > »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth