Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic 2012
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.26.2012, 04:37 PM   #261
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
I got this reply from Dumpster Diving Lab 6 days ago:

Hi Stuart

Thank you for your e-mail.
As it was posted on the web-site - we have already sent the orders to all the customers about two weeks ago. So you will receive it soon - maximum in 3-4 weeks since shipping time from Russia is usually 3-6 weeks.
And as for the dates change - artists copies were sent directly to the artists from the vinyl factory. Retails copies were sent in parts to our office in Ukraine and then it was stuck on the customs. This info also was published on the web-site. I have already given my apologies for all the inconvinience.
But all the probles have been solved by now.

Thanks again for your support.
Best wishes,
DDl team

Hmm, well, they should've changed the order status. But this sounds like actual progress to me - all of you fine cats waiting for your copies, please post here when you receive 'em.

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2012, 08:25 AM   #262
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
I got this reply from Dumpster Diving Lab 6 days ago:

Hi Stuart

Thank you for your e-mail.
As it was posted on the web-site - we have already sent the orders to all the customers about two weeks ago. So you will receive it soon - maximum in 3-4 weeks since shipping time from Russia is usually 3-6 weeks.
And as for the dates change - artists copies were sent directly to the artists from the vinyl factory. Retails copies were sent in parts to our office in Ukraine and then it was stuck on the customs. This info also was published on the web-site. I have already given my apologies for all the inconvinience.
But all the probles have been solved by now.

Thanks again for your support.
Best wishes,
DDl team
It was about a month ago when they put that optimistic message into their site. So it took them over a week to put the vinyls into post (maybe immediately means a week to them). And really, there has been any info only if quite many has sent them messages asking whatīs going on! But anyway there is hope to have vinyl someday.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2012, 09:28 AM   #263
blunderbuss
expwy. to yr skull

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
It must be apparent to DDL that people are concerned about the fact that they've paid money for goods that they haven't received, and they must have email addresses for all the people who have pre-ordered. I would have thought it should be fairly easy for them to send out a bulk email to all the people who have ordered to let them know what is happening.

Failing that, a reply to the email that I sent them would put my mind at rest a little bit.

I actually don't think that they're dodgy. At the moment my guess is that they have pre-sold more copies than they have available to them and they're panicking about what to do.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2012, 07:55 PM   #264
hipster_bebop_junkie
invito al cielo

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Thurston Moore & John Moloney's "Caught On Tape" is now on Bandcamp:
http://sunburnedhandoftheman.bandcam...caught-on-tape
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2012, 11:30 AM   #266
halgreen
bad moon rising

halgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asses
Far out! Do we just paypal him money or what?
halgreen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2012, 11:36 AM   #267
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by halgreen
Far out! Do we just paypal him money or what?

$18 ppd for USA, international orders need to email first....
stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2013, 12:51 PM   #268
halgreen
bad moon rising

halgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asses
Has anyone got any sort of confirmation from Bill Nace after sending the money?
halgreen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2013, 01:28 PM   #269
blunderbuss
expwy. to yr skull

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
No, but don't worry, you're safe with Bill.
Old 01.03.2013, 01:32 PM   #270
blunderbuss
expwy. to yr skull

Received "Play Some Fucking Stooges" from Quasi Pop, the label that it was co-released by. Can't tell anything about it, though, as my turntable is packed away in storage right now.

Just need to find a way to get my money back from Dumpster Diving Lab now. Yeah, like that's ever going to happen!
Old 01.03.2013, 03:13 PM   #271
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Received "Play Some Fucking Stooges" from Quasi Pop, the label that it was co-released by. Can't tell anything about it, though, as my turntable is packed away in storage right now.

Just need to find a way to get my money back from Dumpster Diving Lab now. Yeah, like that's ever going to happen!
I didn't know you could order it from Quasi Pop! Dove straight into the Dumpster when it was first announced.

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 01.14.2013, 06:52 AM   #272
Blue Human
little trouble girl

Blue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's asses
Unbelievably my copy of Play Some F**cking Stooges arrived today.

I had given up hope of ever seeing this, and was prepared to purchase a copy when I see The Thing & TM during February.

I’m based in the UK, the record shipped from the Ukraine. Post marked 8th Jan 2013 (not 1st week of December as DDL were promising).

Hope all of you still waiting on a copy get it soon.
Blue Human is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2013, 07:33 AM   #273
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
I also got my copy today... I had given up hope and ordered it from QP as well.
It's great to finally have it but I'm not very happy with the way that it has been packaged. Luckily the vinyl is still intact!!

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2013, 11:11 AM   #274
Blue Human
little trouble girl

Blue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's assesBlue Human kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah. I thought the cheap postage ($7.50) was as a consequence of the slow postage period they advised (3 - 6 Weeks), however it was clearly for the cheap and ineffective padded envelope used in lieu of a decent cardboard mailer. My record is in decent condition however I think its more through luck than satisfactory packaging. I was just shocked to receive the record at all really.
Blue Human is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2013, 02:46 PM   #275
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
I got my "Play Some Fucking Stooges" today too, there's a very slight bend on one corner but it hasn't creased the cover. Very poor packaging and service from DDL... Hopefully the music will make up for that!
stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2013, 07:43 AM   #276
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
I still havenīt got mine...and I canīt believe it takes longer to send to Finland than to England.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2013, 08:37 AM   #277
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I can't believe it's not butter...

EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2013, 04:09 PM   #278
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I can't believe it's not butter...

I can't believe it's not Butters...

Hopefully the arrival to Del Boca Vista is just a coupla days away! Or something!

Old 01.15.2013, 05:03 PM   #279
skipvacuum
stalker

skipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I still havenīt got mine...and I canīt believe it takes longer to send to Finland than to England.

anyone in the USA get it ?....in theory thats where i'm at and i haven't received it yet
Old 01.19.2013, 07:31 PM   #280
hipster_bebop_junkie
invito al cielo

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think this was mentioned before: Comiano Materdo and N’dona M’buti present: "Songs From Cape Tubbers", including a collaboration by Lee Ranaldo with members of Delicate Steve, on a cover of The Minutemen's "History Lesson Part II". You might remember Lee joined Delicate Steve to perform this same song in a live setting to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the release of Michael Azerrad's book, "Our Band Could Be Your Life":

http://capetubbers.bandcamp.com/

Stumbled upon this somewhat accidentally when googling for information about a forthcoming(?) compilation by Dinosaurs In Vietnam which, judging by a vague reference on Bandcamp, will include a track by Lee Ranaldo as well (to add to Sonic 2013, perhaps?)
111213 14 1516 >
-->

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth