Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page thurston, kim and coco on gilmore girls?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.07.2006, 02:29 PM   #41
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
I've watched the show before, it's not the worst thing ever. The annoying bantering is unbelievable, but both mom and daughter are very attractive.

My cousin is Coco's age and she loves the fuck out of that show.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 02:38 PM   #42
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
What is "Gilmore Girls"? Its a show about a mom who got knocked up when she was sixteen, so now that her daughter is a teenager, they act more like sisters or friends then mother and daugther and sometimes its sappy and weepy, and other times it tries to be pseudo-intellectual, because the daugther goes to prep school/college and reads a lot, so they throw in a lot of reffrences to literature. Seen episodes here and there, don't hate it, don't love it, can take it or leave it. Might check out the episode to see Kim and Thurston.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 04:49 PM   #43
RoadkillKid
little trouble girl

RoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's asses
The news about Kim, Thurston and Coco appearing on Gilmore Girls has hit Stereogum. To wit:

"Sonic Youth, who are opening for Pearl Jam (ouch!) this summer, visit Stars Hollow today to tape a cameo for the WB drama's season finale. In the Gilmore episode, airing 5/9, Thurston, Kim, and daughter Coco (on shakers, awww) will perform an acoustic version of "What A Waste."

Read the whole post here:

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/002472.html

As always, don't forget to read the comments.
RoadkillKid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 04:54 PM   #44
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i used to watch it, havent i ages, i have no idea when this will be shown in the uk as Nickelodian dont carry the show anymore and hallmark show it at very strange times.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 05:16 PM   #45
saoq
bad moon rising

saoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to behold
I sometimes watch it - i like watching that time of stuff when I eat and here it's aired on lunch time. plus the mother is sometimes sexy.
kool thing was used before - http://blog.bitflux.ch/archive/2006/...ore-girls.html
so perhaps someone from the show likes sy
saoq is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 07:03 PM   #46
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I've never seen Gilmore Girls but it sounds fairly trashy. Trashy tv can be nice sometimes. Let's not get into some kind of debate about which TV programs are good and which are bad. All tv is essentially the same anyway....it's a by product of the medium of television. But I'm not going to get on my high horse about it too much...I've even been know to stoop as low as watching the OC or Hollyoaks for fuck sake.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2006, 08:28 AM   #47
pao-lino
bad moon rising

pao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's asses
if you remember few years ago violent femmes where special guest stars in... teenage witch...so....
pao-lino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 08:02 AM   #48
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
maybe mainly for Coco to be familiar with media enviroment, for her future like? just speculating. how old is she now actually?
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 09:02 AM   #49
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
I'm glad it's a Kim song.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 09:34 AM   #50
adjectives-ex
bad moon rising

adjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's asses
This is really really cool and i can't wait to see it. i actually like the gilmore girls. sorry, all.
adjectives-ex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 11:58 AM   #51
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
maybe mainly for Coco to be familiar with media enviroment, for her future like? just speculating. how old is she now actually?

Old 04.09.2006, 12:19 PM   #52
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
on theseason finale of one of the first seasons of gilmore girls, the last song in the episode was "our little corner of the world" by yo la tengo

also, the shins guested playing in another episode
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 01:11 PM   #53
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pao-lino
if you remember few years ago violent femmes where special guest stars in... teenage witch...so....

i saw that episode recently!!! it's sabrina the teenage witch

i used to love that show
Old 04.09.2006, 01:24 PM   #54
Flen flyys
little trouble girl

Flen flyys has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Jesus, Gilmore Girls is fucking brilliant. I used to think it was some kind of nonsense bullshit by the look of it when my mom was telling me I'd like probably it...yeh thanks but no thanks ma, Gilmore Girls?...but then I watched it and all they do is reference a shit load of music and movies and TV shows and books that I love for an hour and interact with crazy/quirky characters in their little-slice-'o-heaven small town and have some slightly sappy-soapy storylines but that ain't so bad when you're on board with the characters. I'm big into the DVD's of it and I think it's awesome SY is going to be on it. Now if only they can throw a Kristin Hersh and a Mark Lanegan reference my way I can be fully satisfied.
Old 04.09.2006, 03:15 PM   #55
FruitLoop
children of satan

FruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundtrax
never wathced those gilmore girls, but from what i can gather on imdb.com, it has a christian feeling soap opera kinda taste. it seems stupid. well, it might be that coco loves it (she's much younger) and then of course the good parents must always be interested in what their kids love, so kim and thurston kinda "love" it too

Yeah this reminds me of an interview in montreal's mirror w. thurston a year or so ago... about how he dug the PowerPuff Girls' cd because his daughter liked it
FruitLoop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 03:48 PM   #56
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
And weren't "The Flaming Lips" on one of the last episodes of "Beverly Hills 91210"? WTF?!
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 09:40 PM   #57
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
Yeah this reminds me of an interview in montreal's mirror w. thurston a year or so ago... about how he dug the PowerPuff Girls' cd because his daughter liked it

the powerpuff girls' movie soundtrack has songs by shonen knife and apples in stereo
Old 04.09.2006, 09:46 PM   #58
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, dude. Apples in Stereo did a song for Ed, Edd, and Eddy as well.
Old 04.09.2006, 11:17 PM   #59
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
they played "kool thing" on gilmore girls earlier this season.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth