Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore Announce Split
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.15.2011, 11:26 AM   #101
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
No it won't. I want my SY back.
Now.
Old 10.15.2011, 11:30 AM   #102
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
exactly

ITT: SELFISHNESS

that said, have your old SY. there's a kitten loose.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 11:32 AM   #103
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
this was the last song of theirs that i saw them play onstage (DV69 @ Matador 21). if they don't continue, it's a good memory to go out on.

narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 11:35 AM   #104
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
do you remember where you were when Bradifer broke up?

what kind of face did you make?
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 11:43 AM   #105
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Troll face.
Old 10.15.2011, 12:30 PM   #106
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
this is just too surreal i thought the headline was a joke when I first heard it like that fake nmh article from a while back.

I don't know what to say, SY has been a part of me for years it helped me identify who i was when i was a teenager and now the fact that they might no longer be a band is heartcrushing. I'd like to think that T+K could still play in a band together after this but I completely understand if they can't.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 12:44 PM   #107
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Look, the band haven't announced they split up. Let's all do the mourning thing if they eventually do split up. We don't know them personally to assume they couldn't find a way of still playing together And besides, there are four individuals in this band.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 12:49 PM   #108
bunnyboyz
little trouble girl

bunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's asses
I never thought they would get a divorce. This is a surprise. I always knew they would break up one day, but i never thought they would separate before they disbanded. Im still in shock. I've kinda felt over the past few years that Kim kept playing with Sonic Youth just to keep Thurston happy and not herself. She was doing it more for him than herself. I have a feeling that Kim broke up with Thurston and it wasn't Thurston that broke up with her. Thurston would never leave her, he just wants to see her happy. I could tell by the last KCRW interview with Thurston that he was really bummed out, i could tell something was up, and now i know what was wrong. When he talks about Beck bringing "Hope" to his demolished thoughts album, i could tell something was terribly wrong. That struck a chord with me and i knew something was up. This is the end of an era and it sucks. Im thinking about going to the South America shows now. I really want to go, since this could be their last.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/
http://www.rollingstone.com/
bunnyboyz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 01:14 PM   #109
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
I would like to go to those shows too. Pricey yes, but might be worth it.
Old 10.15.2011, 01:20 PM   #110
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
I am now seriously thinking about going to one of the South American shows...

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 01:26 PM   #111
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
It is possible that they go away for a while and come back stronger than ever. Like the Pixies, Primus or Dinosaur Jr.

Maybe a five to seven year break.
Old 10.15.2011, 01:27 PM   #112
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

If someone could share flight info on a Sonic budget I would be eternally grateful.
Old 10.15.2011, 02:05 PM   #113
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Time for Thurston to release his version of Beck's Sea Change. Or was that demolished thoughts??? sorta felt like it.

them splitting just makes me want to stay single for life. fuck it.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 02:18 PM   #114
forgetmeknots
empty page

forgetmeknots has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
It is possible that they go away for a while and come back stronger than ever. Like the Pixies, Primus or Dinosaur Jr.

Maybe a five to seven year break.

I don't think the Pixies came back stronger than ever.
forgetmeknots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 02:24 PM   #115
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa

them splitting just makes me want to stay single for life. fuck it.

I hope so,
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 02:26 PM   #116
forgetmeknots
empty page

forgetmeknots has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
I would like to go to those shows too. Pricey yes, but might be worth it.

I'm going. Bought tix + airplane tix today (November 14th - it's in my country, though, but another state). Rationally, I could not have spent that money, but I would not forgive myself if I missed it.
forgetmeknots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 02:37 PM   #117
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

I would think that the music is highly personal. i couldn't see them play something that is not 100% involved. They are just not the band to phone it in.
Old 10.15.2011, 02:53 PM   #118
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdest...eworldyet.com/

mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 02:53 PM   #119
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
According to this swedish newspaper http://www.expressen.se/noje/extra/1...na-skiljer-sig
The band wont stop. "...but the band will keep playing."
Old 10.15.2011, 03:17 PM   #120
forkimified
bad moon rising

forkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's asses
Sigh. Best wishes to both of them.

(although I have to admit, on hearing this, my first thought was... I hope nothing's happened that will ruin the music for me.)
forkimified is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth