Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore Announce Split
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.15.2011, 06:13 AM   #81
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
Sad news.

mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 06:39 AM   #82
Bertrand
the end of the ugly

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Let's hang the messenger.

Things had been extremely quiet this year for the band itself, not playing too much since 2010.
(er... I'm talking music here)

The article names both of them, as if or so that's one more thing they did together.

The band decided to play their winter dates.
Guess that'll give them clues as to carry on or not, and see how Steve and Lee cope with it (which ain't the easiest thing to do).

Well, given they're no longer teenagers, they must know they'll feel sick for a couple of years. That won't heal, but well. Guess they've already focused on their daughter to apease her as much as they can.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 07:10 AM   #83
Kannibal
children of satan

Kannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's asses
oh well.
Kannibal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 07:30 AM   #84
Nejra Leffor
empty page

Nejra Leffor has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Strength to Coco, Kim and Thurston...
Nejra Leffor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 07:43 AM   #85
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Noooo!

Seriously hope this is a joke.
There are no words on how great music they've brought and how they changed my life completily!
IF this is the end of the band, many many thank you for everything, I love you.
Old 10.15.2011, 08:46 AM   #86
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 09:03 AM   #87
forgetmeknots
empty page

forgetmeknots has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
I can't even begin to tell you how much joy Sonic Youth has brought to me since I was like 12.

Yeah. Same here. Their music truly changed my life.

I don't know what went on with the couple, and it is none of my business, but I have met both Thurston and Kim and they were both very nice - especially Kim, she is super sweet - with this die-hard fan from Brazil (me) who travelled all the way to New York in more than one occasion just to see them.

However, reading that "the future of the band is uncertain" truly depresses me. I cannot except that their November 12 show might be the last one. It's happening in a city 119km from São Paulo, and travel arrangements to that place are extremely complicated and expensive, I honestly don't know if I am going to make it and I am very sad for that.
forgetmeknots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 09:04 AM   #88
forgetmeknots
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
If SY splits up, I won't have any idea as to what to do to myself.

Neither will I.
Old 10.15.2011, 09:13 AM   #89
forgetmeknots
empty page

What a depressing Saturday. Makes me look back at my own life... Being 17, alone in the USA, standing in front of their Murray Street studio for 04 hours, waiting for any of them to show up...
Old 10.15.2011, 09:22 AM   #90
forgetmeknots
empty page

I guess I'm just gonna keep refreshing this page, like a stubborn child, in hopes that someone close to the band dismisses the rumours that the band might actually break up after Thurston and Kim's divorce.
Old 10.15.2011, 10:22 AM   #91
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
kinda shocking news for me. i would not think that would ever happened. hmmm, to me they were like evidence that there is a real lifetime love. uhmm, well i wonder whats going happen next, coz this is not going to be SY as we know it anymore. also i must say on the other hand this news put it own piece to help me from my first split and being heartbroken (just last week). i wonder who is more heatbroken Kim or T.

wasnt expecting that alright...

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 10:32 AM   #92
ennui61
empty page

ennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's asses
This is there business not ours. Hopefully if they end their marriage they do it with respect to each other and above all with love towards their child.
I hope SY still goes on hopefully there's no reason they can't still work together. But time will tell.
I've been married 31 years it was nice to know a famous couple could keep it going as long i have.
ennui61 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 10:39 AM   #93
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I never knew I had a favorite couple...until yesterday.

EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 10:40 AM   #94
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski kicks all y'all's assesRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski kicks all y'all's assesRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski kicks all y'all's assesRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski kicks all y'all's assesRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski kicks all y'all's assesRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski kicks all y'all's assesRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski kicks all y'all's assesRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski kicks all y'all's assesRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski kicks all y'all's assesRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski kicks all y'all's assesRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris
Even I feel bad!
Next

ha ha!
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 10:49 AM   #95
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
even if the band doesn't continue, at least you can say "they had a good run", you know?
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 10:51 AM   #96
maropi
bad moon rising

maropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's asses
Whatever has happened, I wish them to enjoy their life even more, from now. Changes are intended to be done for better, I hope they did right.

And regarding Sonic Youth, if the band was over, they would continue with very interesting projects. So, the main issue is them to keep being friends (as difficult as this might be).
maropi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 10:52 AM   #97
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I remember haviung a convo with my friends over the summer and I remember telling them "If SY ever just breaks up, with no real reason behind it, I'd probably just off myself"

EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 11:05 AM   #98
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
i wonder if they'll separately move out of western MA and back to NYC.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 11:19 AM   #99
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
thurston is playing folk soft shit
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

twas bound to happen.

and so it goes.

hold me.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 11:22 AM   #100
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
also: I recognize this hits a soft spot with a lot of y'all, but maybe it's for the best.

how about a little bit less fatalism?

deep cleansing breaths and all that other hippie shit.

step back.

adjust your hemline and just tell yourself that it will ALL BE OK.

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth