Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore Announce Split
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.15.2011, 12:31 AM   #61
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I just feel like....

EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 12:36 AM   #62
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
Man, if I made a list of stuff that would be a sure thing for forever, I wouldn't even bother listing Kim and Thurston's status as a couple, that's how much of a sure thing I thought it was. Never really came into question in my mind.

I know better than to let you go.
I know better than to let her go.
I know better than to let you go.

I know better.
I know better.
I know better.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 01:55 AM   #63
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
parents suck

sonic youth rulez

duh jose

Sonic youth are parents.

Did I just blow yr mind?
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 01:56 AM   #64
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
I just feel bad for their daughter, since her parents break up will be so public and will probably follow her for the rest of her life.

besides that, I don't really care.

Sonic youth have put out enough records for me to enjoy and I don't mind if they never release another record again.

And I'm sure kim and thurston lost the spark a long time ago, don't do business, or at least long term business with yr lover.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 02:43 AM   #65
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
This is me opening the Spin Article :

Unbelievable.
Old 10.15.2011, 03:08 AM   #66
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
I hope they are able to work everything out. It's really a huge shocker on one hand, but yet in the other you're kind of surprised after all that touring for so long it hadn't happened sooner.

I think they'll still do something. Mac and Laura broke up in Superchunk in 1993 and the band is still together today, touring and releasing new music. It's sporadic, yes, but I'd rather see minimal SY activity as opposed to none at all.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 03:41 AM   #67
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Damn.
I hope they+families are ok.
No idea of the reasons and I don't even want to know them, it's their business.
If this will affect SY plans (will wait for news on this before 2012, after the planned gigs, I guess), I'll be super bummed if they won't plan a "goodbye 2012" euro tour, I've only heard "work in progress" versions of the Eternal songs live and now I'm afraid I could well die before having a chance to listen to some of the "songs I want to witness live before I die" off my list (which includes, among others sy gems I never heard live, a proper "hello 2015" Skip tracer).

Thanks to both of them for the music, the laughs, everything.
Still hoping SY can go on as a "collective".

p.s. this will sound silly, but at first I thought they announced a split 7"...
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 04:00 AM   #68
khchris
little trouble girl

khchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud of
Even I feel bad!
Next
khchris is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 04:02 AM   #69
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
On second thought, 27 years is a great run. Most don't go that long. I don't care as long as they're happy (and nothing this far leads me to believe anything otherwise). I don't see it being the end of the Youth...I mean, everyone knows that's where the money is for them. Will be interesting to see what happens. And if it is the end of the Youth, oh well to that too. Shit man, they stuck it out for ages. No shortage of tunes.
ann ashtray is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 04:03 AM   #70
skipvacuum
stalker

skipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's asses
barely awake..went to a news site.....saw a headline "rocker couple split"...when i clicked on the link..i expected some couple i could care less about splitting..and had also hoped to laugh ......i'm surprised and of course promptly came here...wow..i'm shocked.......and stunned...and not laughing
Old 10.15.2011, 04:07 AM   #71
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
What a shock, I don't know what to say. I'm so sad.
stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 04:15 AM   #72
whorefrost
expwy. to yr skull

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Biggest fan of Sonic Youth ever here. I feel lonely, bad, sad, lost. I saw videos of them, they seemed so happy, I don't know why they split up now.
Old 10.15.2011, 04:15 AM   #73
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
theyve balanced their projects and lives in such a way over the years that id still be very surprised if they dont get back to playing together eventually, given the apt amount of time.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 04:32 AM   #74
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
I'll never listen to Kotton Krown again.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 04:33 AM   #75
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
That's what I was thinking too.

Anyway, this surprised me a lot as I'm sure it did everyone else. Never did we read anything about problems between them, they always managed to keep their private lives to themselves, as it should be.

Personally I don't think SY still have another album in them that would amaze me, but I'd be sad to see them go as a band nevertheless, knowing I'd never be able to see them again.

However, it's way too early to draw conclusions. To me, SY has been such a steady band over the last 30 years that it would take an awful lot to stop them from playing altogether. They've been Sonic Youth for most of their lives.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 04:52 AM   #76
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know what to say either...

I'm shocked

Gutted...

I wish them both well and hope that the inevitable bullshit that will surround this news doesn't cause them or their family (Especially Coco) any unnecessary pain.

The mere thought that this may mean the end of SY makes me feel sick to the stomach... but only for selfish reasons.

They must do what's best for them.

Thanks Thurston and Kim, your creative bond has been an inspiration !

And I know it's not over yet.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 05:19 AM   #77
Gulasch Noir
the end of the ugly

Gulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit

me too .... hm, a caesure for sure

This may sound like a sacrilege on this forum, but nothing lasts forever, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Gulasch Noir is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 05:39 AM   #78
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH HHHHHHH

i have no more intelligent response poor kim and thurston and poor coco its so sad. hopefully the band will be able to continue.
Old 10.15.2011, 05:45 AM   #79
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
through this year, most of my best friends, who all happened to be couples, separated from their partners. on top of that, I think the same is happening to my 5-year relationship - dissolving for reasons uncertain - and we've been playing together since 2007, and I don't think I could explain what this relationship meant to me.

now I don't know what to think. it must be this year. something in the air.
I can't help but think it's sad for all parties involved, but I want to try and stay positive. changes occur. life is weird. Paul Auster.
max is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 05:54 AM   #80
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses

mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth