Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page A Mix Tape Adventure - US Customer ONLY
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.02.2006, 08:12 AM   #1
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
I have a brand new blank cassette tape here waiting to be open. When I open it, I will record the first track of this Mix Tape Adventure. The first person who sends me a Private Message with their mailing address will be the next to receive the tape. Once I receive this PM, I will post one more time informing everyone that I have an address, but I will not say who it's from. I will mail the tape to the individual.

Once this person receives the tape, they need to add the second track to the mix. Then they should post in this tread that the tape was received and once they do this, someone needs to send them a private message with their mailing address. The first receiver then becomes the second sender (I'm the first sender) and the process starts all over again.

The idea is to get this Mix Tape Adventure completed by the members of this board. Once completed, the tape should be sent back to me and I will then attempt to mail it to the band......a gift from the SY message board to them.

PLEASE don't be the one to receive the tape and then drop the ball by not sending it on to the next person. Or the dreaded......"I don't have any funds right now and can't afford the postage to send on."

It's more than fine to rewind the tape and hear what came before you. Any sort of music or noise is fine, but let's stay away from any "proper" Sonic Youth releases and PLEASE - everyone, don't pick a song that soooo long that we only get a few songs on the mix. Besides this rule to sort of mix by, anything else goes. Punk - Noise - Avant - Techno - Jazz - Country - a quality song from your band......it really doesn't matter.

ONLY IF YOU WANT - feel free to take a picture of yourself holding the tape, the tape leaning next to your favorite album, school books or just about anything. Post the picture here in this thread for all to see, but taking a picture or posting it is 100% optional.

OH - be careful opening the package. I'm purchasing a nice bubble wrap mailer and we should be able to re-use it over an over. A new single white label should be all that is needed......and some tape to seal the package up. My address will be on the return and please leave it this way. I apologize for saying US CUSTOMERS ONLY, but mailing this thing around the world would take too much time and money. Maybe all the SY fans in Europe / Canada / wherever the well you live could do another mix tape adventure?

That's all and happy mixing,

Bytor Peltor
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content 2006 Sonic Youth