Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Mix Tapes Round 2
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.19.2006, 03:31 PM   #461
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
Yes, I forgot to mention that John Peel snippet. This was from their Peel Session, so that may be him messing around while they cut up away (er). Listening to People Like Us are probably one of my favorite pastimes. Wonderful stuff. I suggest you seek out more of their stuff. I mentioned them in the funny music thread because they can be hilarious at times, such as with this track.
Downtown,that's all i'm saying to you.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2006, 03:44 PM   #462
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
I would check out Recyclopaedia Britannica which works as a greatest hits. Always a good place to start out. Or go with my favorite Beware The Whim Reaper. I think on her/their (she is rarely alone) you can stream a wealth of material.

As for EN, well it depends on which EN you'd like to hear. They've come a long way since their early clanging and crashing. They are a lot more song oriented now. Maybe Halber Mensch or Haus der Luge. The featured song is from a later album, the very recent Perpetuum Mobile.

I'm glad you like the majority of it.

You can't beat no wavers covering Prince songs!
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2006, 03:45 PM   #463
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Downtown,that's all i'm saying to you.

Whats that Pork?
Old 09.19.2006, 03:46 PM   #464
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Whats that Pork?
Have you ever heard People Like Us's version of it?

Old 09.19.2006, 03:48 PM   #465
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Пятхъдесят Шест's very cool 2nd round mixtape:

SIDE A
Sunburned Hand of the Man - Every Direction/The 1st Degree
Sun Ra - Theme of the Stargazers
Einstürzende Neubauten - Selbstportrait mit Kater
Hüsker Dü - Books About UFO's
Tortoise - Six Pack
His Name is Alive - Peace in Detroit
Trans Am - White Rhino
Sun Ra - Outer Spaceways Inc.
Charalambides - Dormant Love
People Like Us - Adridged Too Far
Current 93 - Black Ships Ate the Sky
Kasai Allstars - Kayile/Nyeka Nyeka

SIDE B
Throbbing Gristle - Distant Dreams
Gogol Bordello - When the Trickster Starts A Pokin'
Roxy Music - Virginia Plain
Liars - It's All Blooming Now Mt. Heart Attack
Sun Ra - Next Stop Mars
This Heat - Health and Efficiency
The Capricorns - Steve and Tiffanie
Arto Lindsay - Erotic City
Tape Beatles - Joy and Power
Sun Ra - Second Stop is Jupiter
Jackie-O Motherfucker - Something on Your Mind
Smegma - Walkie Talkie
Pere Ubu - Blow Daddy-O

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2006, 03:50 PM   #466
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I would check out Recyclopaedia Britannica which works as a greatest hits. Always a good place to start out. Or go with my favorite Beware The Whim Reaper. I think on her/their (she is rarely alone) you can stream a wealth of material.

As for EN, well it depends on which EN you'd like to hear. They've come a long way since their early clanging and crashing. They are a lot more song oriented now. Maybe Halber Mensch or Haus der Luge. The featured song is from a later album, the very recent Perpetuum Mobile.

I'm glad you like the majority of it.

You can't beat no wavers covering Prince songs!

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely check that out.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2006, 03:54 PM   #467
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Have you ever heard People Like Us's version of it?

Oh, aha. I don't think I have. Is it with Matmos? I don't have the album, though I need it.

Not the "you can always go, DOWNTOOOOOOOWN" song? I must hear it. Share it if you've got it.
Old 09.19.2006, 03:57 PM   #468
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Yes i have it somewhere but i can i link it as i've found it on the Negativeland website,i think.Lemmi check..............

Old 09.19.2006, 04:02 PM   #469
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Here,just for you:
http://www.ubu.com/sound/plu.html

Old 09.19.2006, 04:05 PM   #470
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Thanks!!

Hip Priest should take a look/listen too! I had no idea this was on ubu.com too! Some of out of print PLU albums!!!!

Which one has Downtown?<---------NEVERMIND
Old 09.19.2006, 04:08 PM   #471
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Do you know what?You'll have to find out for yourself because i suspect it's been renamed something else and that's why i'm searching amongst my emmepeefrees.

Old 09.19.2006, 04:10 PM   #472
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

I found it. Its very agreeable.

Downtown Once More is the title.
Old 09.19.2006, 04:11 PM   #473
porkmarras
invito al cielo

cool

Old 09.19.2006, 04:13 PM   #474
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
thats a fucking wicked looking tape! lookin forward to getting some of nrtxaecrt wects stuff!
Old 09.19.2006, 04:15 PM   #475
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
thats a fucking wicked looking tape! lookin forward to getting some of nrtxaecrt wects stuff!
I was a bit shocked about certain similarities in you two's choices.Spooky and more to come on that.

Old 09.19.2006, 04:17 PM   #476
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
ha!! they are more similarities after i finish the other 2 believe me. im gonna have to shift up a gear, competition is hot!!!!
Old 09.19.2006, 04:19 PM   #477
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656

Call me 56 its much easier. Thanks Pauly. Yours sounds quite nice too. Though we have not seen the tracklist yet.
Old 09.19.2006, 04:25 PM   #478
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

See what I mean when I said funny?

People Like Us - Handjob
Old 09.19.2006, 04:26 PM   #479
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

shit, do i stick em up or does the recipient. actually porjy better cuz fucked if i can remember!!!!!!

porkys tracklist is....
acid mothers temple - pink lady lemonade excerpt
royal trux - dirty headlines (remix by jacz kooner/phil mossian)
goblin - profondo rosso
vashti bunyan - i need to be alone
flaming groovies (fuckin yeah!!!) - shake some action
bump and grind - bumpoddessy (3rd eye f remix)
mogollar - madimak

hair and skin trading co - go round
spacemen3 - big city
bedhead - roman candle
the ravonettes - sleepwalking
art of noise / max headroom - paranoimia (utter classic)
shonen knife - black bass (likewise)
cptn beefheart - (white sam)
Old 09.19.2006, 04:30 PM   #480
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

OH my. Competition indeed.
212223 24 2526 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth