Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Saw SHELLAC the other night
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.09.2010, 05:43 PM   #21
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikangod
I saw them tonight and I was blown away. I saw them once before about four or five years ago. They were great then, but tonight's show was superior. One of the best live shows I've been to in a while. As you noted, they sounded perfect, the sound at the venue I was at was also very good, they were tight, hilarious, and did a lot of amazing ad-libbing on songs (most notably on 'Wingwalker.') Fucking phenomenal.

Glad you had an awesome Shellac experience as well. I'm jealous that you got to hear 'Wingwalker'. They didn't play it at the Buffalo show, but Steve did do some serious ad-libbing during 'The End of Radio'. He talked about sending radio signals into space for aliens to hear, and then sending apology signals to those aliens for having to hear Glenn Beck and Dr. Laura. It was pretty funny.
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2010, 01:20 PM   #22
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax Americana
Glad you had an awesome Shellac experience as well. I'm jealous that you got to hear 'Wingwalker'. They didn't play it at the Buffalo show, but Steve did do some serious ad-libbing during 'The End of Radio'. He talked about sending radio signals into space for aliens to hear, and then sending apology signals to those aliens for having to hear Glenn Beck and Dr. Laura. It was pretty funny.

It was totally one of the highlights of the night, I'd be surprised if it didn;'t make it to YouTube.

Ha ha, nice. We got a good version of 'The End of Radio' too!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_LVnZSU-rU

Old 09.10.2010, 01:36 PM   #23
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
did they do an interview session?

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2010, 02:43 PM   #24
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
They did at least three of them during the Brooklyn show.

Old 09.10.2010, 05:51 PM   #25
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
did you ask anything?

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2010, 05:55 PM   #26
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I'd love to see Shellac. 1000 Hurts kicks my ass every time I listen to it, even still.

Prayer to God has some of the most intense lyrics I've ever heard. I actually listen to them, which is rare being that I normally don't give a flying matchstick about lyrics.
Old 09.10.2010, 09:42 PM   #27
amerikangod
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
did you ask anything?

I was tempted, but a worthy question did not come to mind and I have a strict policy of not interacting with celebrities or musicians that I am a fan of simply for the sake of interacting with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Prayer to God has some of the most intense lyrics I've ever heard. I actually listen to them, which is rare being that I normally don't give a flying matchstick about lyrics.

SERIOUSLY DUDE. I'm eye to eye with you on that.

All content 2006 Sonic Youth